Jump to content

2022 Fatass Thread of Dominance


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

Pulled 280 today on DL. Felt good. Squat is around 275 and bench is at 235 or so.

We've cycled off of the heavy lifts and have been doing higher reps (like 50-100) instead for this 6 week block.  I hope we cycle back on to the heavy stuff soon.  Bulk, then tone.  Rinse, repeat.

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

We've cycled off of the heavy lifts and have been doing higher reps (like 50-100) instead for this 6 week block.  I hope we cycle back on to the heavy stuff soon.  Bulk, then tone.  Rinse, repeat.

It’s fun to see lifts steadily going up again. Eating more definitely has its benefits. I don’t feel like I’m running on empty at the gym any longer. I eat a meal prior to working out (about an hour) then eat another meal right after lifting. Even though it’s just chicken and rice, it still helps me stay satiated throughout the day. I’m eating a pound of chicken and around a pound of cooked brown rice per day, fruit and protein for breakfast, and dinner is typically a lean meat and starchy carb (potato for example). I only weigh myself one a week now. Haven’t gained any weight though. Probably just need to eat more. We will see what my weight is on Thursday.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

We've cycled off of the heavy lifts and have been doing higher reps (like 50-100) instead for this 6 week block.  I hope we cycle back on to the heavy stuff soon.  Bulk, then tone.  Rinse, repeat.

I just want to confirm - those reps are split over 5-10 sets right?  
 

My weight loss has stalled. Too much drinking. And cake. My knee after surgery requires more warming up I’ve noticed. First set or 2 with any weight feels like my knee is going to snap, even if I do 3-5 body weight squat sets. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Yeah, this over 40 thing sucks. At 37 I lost almost 70lbs in 5 or 6 months and kept it off until Covid. I put 10-15 on over about 6 months during the lockdown and I can’t get it off. I guess I should make new goals but I miss being able to stay around 185 (6’3”). 

Getting old ain't for pussies.  I'm 6'1 id like to be 175ish.  I'll work out hard through the summer because fall is stew season and 

iasip-its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia.g

 

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just want to confirm - those reps are split over 5-10 sets right?  
 
My weight loss has stalled. Too much drinking. And cake. My knee after surgery requires more warming up I’ve noticed. First set or 2 with any weight feels like my knee is going to snap, even if I do 3-5 body weight squat sets. 
Reps are somewhere around 10-15 per set. And then you get to do something shitty like burpees between sets.

I've also stalled on weight loss, also due to too much booze.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/9/2022 at 4:11 PM, 4th&Five said:

I miss being able to stay around 185 (6’3”). 

Not a fatass by any stretch even with an extra 10-15 lbs.  But let's go back to what is important... me 🙂

I got on the scale this morning and recorded my lowest weight since my sophomore year of college minus a half year stretch about four years ago (I'll be 50 in two months).  This weight was my ultimate goal when starting out back in December but now I think I'm going to push for another 5 lbs or so over the next couple of months.

After the official weigh in and noticing that all the shorts I currently wear fall off as soon as I put them on, I went through a box of clothes that I haven't opened in years.  I pulled out a pair, put them on and they were loose but not falling off loose.  Put on a belt, cinched it to the last hole and off to HEB I went to get the first bottle of wine I've had since early December.

While walking from my car to the door I felt the shorts start to slip down.  I took my phone and keys out of my pockets hoping that would help.  I wound up doing my entire shopping trip with one hand holding up my damn shorts that I haven't worn in four years.  Oh, and I'm fucking blasted after my second glass of wine.  This is so awesome.

  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/6/2022 at 1:22 PM, BabaYaga said:

Listening to neuro scientist Andrew Huberman and the effects of dopamine on your drive and motivation, it's a fascinating puzzle on how these chemicals in the body impact our daily lives and how/what we do.  

@BabaYaga  is this a podcast?  Got a link?

Thx

  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Reporting in.  10 lbs down, not exactly what I had targeted but progress.  I wanted 45 in a year.  I think I’ll do about half.  But for me the key is this diet and lifestyle is sustainable. The best part is that most of the loss has come off the gut.  
 

You guys keep posting.  Some of the lurkers take motivation from the success stories!

  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hefeweizen said:

Reporting in.  10 lbs down, not exactly what I had targeted but progress.  I wanted 45 in a year.  I think I’ll do about half.  But for me the key is this diet and lifestyle is sustainable. The best part is that most of the loss has come off the gut.  
 

You guys keep posting.  Some of the lurkers take motivation from the success stories!

Everybody take notes. This guy gets it.

So many people think a diet is temporary and just end up gaining the weight back after they’ve reached their goal. A diet is a temporary plan on what you are going to eat for the next two/three months. Making that “diet” a lifestyle requires a different mindset that helps you keep weight off for the long term. 
 

Congrats on your progress.

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Not a fatass by any stretch even with an extra 10-15 lbs.  But let's go back to what is important... me 🙂

I got on the scale this morning and recorded my lowest weight since my sophomore year of college minus a half year stretch about four years ago (I'll be 50 in two months).  This weight was my ultimate goal when starting out back in December but now I think I'm going to push for another 5 lbs or so over the next couple of months.

After the official weigh in and noticing that all the shorts I currently wear fall off as soon as I put them on, I went through a box of clothes that I haven't opened in years.  I pulled out a pair, put them on and they were loose but not falling off loose.  Put on a belt, cinched it to the last hole and off to HEB I went to get the first bottle of wine I've had since early December.

While walking from my car to the door I felt the shorts start to slip down.  I took my phone and keys out of my pockets hoping that would help.  I wound up doing my entire shopping trip with one hand holding up my damn shorts that I haven't worn in four years.  Oh, and I'm fucking blasted after my second glass of wine.  This is so awesome.

This is an awesome read.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/14/2022 at 8:39 PM, Post Oak said:

@BabaYaga  is this a podcast?  Got a link?

Thx

Yes, the "huberman lab" podcast, but I forget the episode.  He's blowing up and making the rounds.  He was on with Lex Freidman, the JRE, lots of big platforms.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, pearlandhorn said:

Everybody take notes. This guy gets it.

So many people think a diet is temporary and just end up gaining the weight back after they’ve reached their goal. A diet is a temporary plan on what you are going to eat for the next two/three months. Making that “diet” a lifestyle requires a different mindset that helps you keep weight off for the long term. 
 

Congrats on your progress.

This.  For me it's IMF (usually don' eat after 7pm or before 11am), and lots of lean meats, fruits, honey, and a little veggies.  I also was blessed with no sweet tooth, so cravings are essentially nonexistent.  My weaknesses are sushi, fried rice, and fried chicken.  

If I could eat a giant ribeye and a side of Kimchi every day of the week I'd be in heaven.

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Yes, the "huberman lab" podcast, but I forget the episode.  He's blowing up and making the rounds.  He was on with Lex Freidman, the JRE, lots of big platforms.

Thx

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, statsman said:

Insert- after dropping 20% of body weight, it’s hard to understand why everyone is bitching about the heat. It’s not that bad. 😄

I wear sweatshirts when it's 100 degrees outside and have for the past few years.

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/14/2022 at 5:57 PM, Fudge Nuggets said:

Not a fatass by any stretch even with an extra 10-15 lbs.  But let's go back to what is important... me 🙂

I got on the scale this morning and recorded my lowest weight since my sophomore year of college minus a half year stretch about four years ago (I'll be 50 in two months).  This weight was my ultimate goal when starting out back in December but now I think I'm going to push for another 5 lbs or so over the next couple of months.

After the official weigh in and noticing that all the shorts I currently wear fall off as soon as I put them on, I went through a box of clothes that I haven't opened in years.  I pulled out a pair, put them on and they were loose but not falling off loose.  Put on a belt, cinched it to the last hole and off to HEB I went to get the first bottle of wine I've had since early December.

While walking from my car to the door I felt the shorts start to slip down.  I took my phone and keys out of my pockets hoping that would help.  I wound up doing my entire shopping trip with one hand holding up my damn shorts that I haven't worn in four years.  Oh, and I'm fucking blasted after my second glass of wine.  This is so awesome.

My shorts often fall down too.  But I’m pretty sure it’s from my belly stretching them 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/3/2022 at 12:06 PM, Storm the Field said:

Back for another round. Day 1 of Dry January, eating better and dragging myself back to the gym. Need to be better about staying consistent over the course of the year and really just living healthier in general so that I don't have little injuries and ailments that throw me off my routine for weeks at a time.

I'm guessing I'm probably approaching 210, would like to get back to around 190 and drop 2 inches off the waist by Spring. Will do official first weigh-in tomorrow morning once the bloating from a long weekend of binge eating and drinking subsides.

More or less completely bungled it after Dry January ended and ended back at square one by mid-March. Think 208 was my high. Have slowly been getting my shit back together over the past 6 or 7 weeks. Been making it to the gym and lifting more consistently than at any point in the past 2 years and have a pretty good gym routine ingrained at this point.

Haven't lost a ton of weight, but definitely have regained some muscle tone and probably dropped body fat % a couple ticks. So while the weight is only down a few lbs, at least some of it has moved from my gut to my arms and shoulders, which is progress. Gonna sound stupid, but I caught myself in the grocery store security camera feed on Sunday and actually liked what I saw for the first time in a long while.

Definitely feel like I flipped a switch here in my late 30's where it just takes longer to shed weight than it did earlier in life. The key, of course, will be sticking with it. Even if I can only drop a pound or two every month, that would put me down 10-15  lbs or so and an inch or two off the waistline from where I started. I'd like to get under 200 sometime in June and stay there for the rest of the year. I'll be elated if I'm 190 or less come the Holidays.

  • Hook 'Em 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Storm the Field said:

Gonna sound stupid, but I caught myself in the grocery store security camera feed on Sunday and actually liked what I saw for the first time in a long while.

So you were the guy flexing in the middle of the store.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can someone give me a 5th grade explanation how I'm losing inches on my waist, but I've kind of hit the stall on the scale?  I'm not adding muscle for damn sure. 

To me, more room in my clothes would mean lost body mass and weight. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/19/2022 at 5:05 PM, RiverwalkMiner said:

Can someone give me a 5th grade explanation how I'm losing inches on my waist, but I've kind of hit the stall on the scale?  I'm not adding muscle for damn sure. 

To me, more room in my clothes would mean lost body mass and weight. 

Do you do any kind of workouts? It sounds like muscle is replacing fat weight.

If you went from pure coach potato to reversing muscle atrophy then that might explain it.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/18/2022 at 10:12 AM, Storm the Field said:

 

Definitely feel like I flipped a switch here in my late 30's where it just takes longer to shed weight than it did earlier in life. The key, of course, will be sticking with it. Even if I can only drop a pound or two every month, that would put me down 10-15  lbs or so and an inch or two off the waistline from where I started. I'd like to get under 200 sometime in June and stay there for the rest of the year. I'll be elated if I'm 190 or less come the Holidays.

 

You just wait until your 50's.

Bit of depressing week scale watching here. I gained 2 over what I weighed last Saturday morning. Of course, Thursday at the PGA I ate too much free food (it was free!) and Friday I was taken out to my favorite BBQ place for lunch, then my son wanted a new Chinese place in town last night and I ate too much there as well.  Alas.

 

 

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

 

You just wait until your 50's.

Bit of depressing week scale watching here. I gained 2 over what I weighed last Saturday morning. Of course, Thursday at the PGA I ate too much free food (it was free!) and Friday I was taken out to my favorite BBQ place for lunch, then my son wanted a new Chinese place in town last night and I ate too much there as well.  Alas.

 

 

This is me.

Over 50... Can easily fast or not drink for a day or two... I don't lift regularly any more (but should). Kids keep me moving around some...  But work and family and booze totally blow the diet.

I can easily lose or gain 5 pounds in any week.

I exercise to eat.  

Big Korean BBQ session last night...  Big meat shits today...  Fasting for the weekend (coffee then water) is the plan... If I can avoid Bourbon and Delta8, I should make it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/22/2022 at 5:39 PM, Herbie Hancock said:

Once again, you can argue opinions, but you can’t argue science.

ff8036cca7d6604876674cec43965b86.jpg

6881de33b6ee8d96a4b5cc25d8d127a5.jpg

Not surprised, intermittent fasting is just another fad diet that helps people trick themselves into creating a calorie deficit. The simplest and healthiest long-term solution is to track calories and eat clean as well as tracking calorie expenditures. These are things lean people can do without effort which is why they are not fat. Learn to live like lean people.

 

  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you have a Oculus 2 headset, I highly recommend “Thrill of the Fight”

Do a couple of three min, three round bouts and you will be sweating your ass off. 
(provided you throw punches etc) 

 

  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Question for the runners on this thread. Any hydration belt/vest/bottles recommendations? I picked up a random one from REI last week (Nathan hydration waist pack)… it’s a single water bottle design. Shifted around way too much while I ran today. I could see this being nice for a hike, but it really annoyed me during the run. What’s worked for y’all?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Honestly, I just carry a water bottle in my hand. I see guys at runners club with the vests, and they seem to have them all worked out. I’ll try to pay attention next time and see what they think works best. 
 
Got to hydrate, though. Kidney stones are a bitch. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/29/2022 at 6:59 AM, BrazilHorn said:

If you have a Oculus 2 headset, I highly recommend “Thrill of the Fight”

Do a couple of three min, three round bouts and you will be sweating your ass off. 
(provided you throw punches etc) 

 

I really like the trend with VR and actual exercise versus sitting in a gaming chair and mashing buttons.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Checking in.

Weighed this morning.  I lost the 2 I gained the week of the PGA...and an additional 2.

22 total now, and I'm under the initial goal I set for myself back on page 2 of this thread (I wanted to get to 205ish by the end of the year, and I got there by the end of May). Now want to get to 200.  Once I get there, and I will (not sure when; a trip to Disney World next week for 7 days is going to derail things some) I'll set a new goal.  

One fun thing about all the cardio I'm getting from my Peloton:  I can run up a flight of stairs now, and breathe normally at the top. Over a year ago my doctor ordered a stress test for me as a precaution because I was getting winded climbing up the same stairs.   I've not missed a day on the bike since February 17 (103 straight days).  I was lamenting to my wife the fact that my streak will get broken.  6 months ago I couldn't have pictured myself doing any kind of physical activity 103 straight days, much less sort of complaining that I am not going to do any while on vacation.  Alas 😄

Those of you lurking and wondering what you should do, if anything....just do something. Those of you doing something now, keep it up.  It's a good day to have a good day.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Checking in again. Back to a new day 1. I think I’m tired of starting over. I lose motivation a couple months into any program. What keeps you guys going?
Smaller goals? More concrete goals? Checking into this thread more often? I’m bouncing between 220 and 229 over and over for the past 6 months.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

Checking in again. Back to a new day 1. I think I’m tired of starting over. I lose motivation a couple months into any program. What keeps you guys going?
Smaller goals? More concrete goals? Checking into this thread more often? I’m bouncing between 220 and 229 over and over for the past 6 months.

What keeps me going?  It's a lifestyle at this point.  I don't want to be a fatass again.

  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Finishing up my 75-day challenge.  Had 2 bad days but no whiskey and only 2 glasses of wine for our anniversary and bday.

Down 13lbs.  Would like to lose another 15.

All in all not too bad.  Working out 2x a day is going to be rough now that it's hot.

About to order 2 more kettlebells 

Edited by Post Oak
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone recommend a quality exercise bike?  Don’t want a peloton or a subscription platform.  Don’t want special shoes to ride.  Don’t want to ride bent over like the Tour de France.

Do want moderate program variety. Do want comfortable seat. Do want something built well that will last years.

I have gotten back into jogging for the last couple years.  However I have now aggregated an old turf toe injury that I need flexibility to give the toe some rest, but don’t want to fall into lethargy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Incredulity said:

Anyone recommend a quality exercise bike?  Don’t want a peloton or a subscription platform.  Don’t want special shoes to ride.  Don’t want to ride bent over like the Tour de France.

Do want moderate program variety. Do want comfortable seat. Do want something built well that will last years.

I have gotten back into jogging for the last couple years.  However I have now aggregated an old turf toe injury that I need flexibility to give the toe some rest, but don’t want to fall into lethargy.

 

You don't want a Peloton, but you described one.

Aside from the whole "will Peloton as a business concern last" thing, the depth and variety of their classes is unmatched.  I do get it; you don't want the subscription platform.  And regarding special shoes; Peloton's use regular pedal threads, so the pedals are easily replaced with whatever.

One possibility is to just buy a used Peloton.  There's no reason to subscribe to the classes with one that has been used (look on Facebook marketplace for examples); it's a regular bike at that point with a giant tablet attached.  The bike is functional (will show you cadence, resistance, distance, while you ride, but won't save anything.  You can hack the tablet to play Netflix if you wanted.  

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Francisco 2.0
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Goofyboy said:

Checking in again. Back to a new day 1. I think I’m tired of starting over. I lose motivation a couple months into any program. What keeps you guys going?
Smaller goals? More concrete goals? Checking into this thread more often? I’m bouncing between 220 and 229 over and over for the past 6 months.

 

Speaking solely for myself, it's the damned bike, and all it encompasses.  Yes, the Allstate mayhem commercial "zero to obsessed in three days" applies here to me, but honestly, I can waste an hour---easily---on Surly alone.  If I am capable of that, then I can spend 20-30 minutes a day on the bike, burn off between 250-300 calories, get encouraged/bitched at/motivated to push myself from whatever instructor and class I've chosen, and get back to my day.  

Now granted, just riding the thing daily isn't enough on its own.  I've eliminated sweet tea, sugared drinks, cut way back on desserts and whatnot.  I still eat things I've always eaten (I had a #2 at Whataburger on Monday, for instance) but I've moderated quite a bit.  Not wanting to erase all the work I've put in on the bike by having the same diet I had pre-bike is a strong motivational factor as well.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Checking in again. Back to a new day 1. I think I’m tired of starting over. I lose motivation a couple months into any program. What keeps you guys going?
Smaller goals? More concrete goals? Checking into this thread more often? I’m bouncing between 220 and 229 over and over for the past 6 months.

9 pound fluctuation? I gain up to 11 pounds from 0700 to 1700 and I’ve still got a six pack. Sack up and do the work Nancy. 9 pounds isn’t your problem. Your problem is you’re mentally weak. You got $12 a month? Download the RPstrength app and fucking follow it. Check back here in 8 weeks when you’re down 20 pounds and look fuckable from the neck down. Profit. The end.
  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Goofyboy said:

Checking in again. Back to a new day 1. I think I’m tired of starting over. I lose motivation a couple months into any program. What keeps you guys going?
Smaller goals? More concrete goals? Checking into this thread more often? I’m bouncing between 220 and 229 over and over for the past 6 months.

Honestly? Positive reinforcement from the scale really goes a long way. Next time you start, really hit it hard the first few days and let the joy of progress keep you going at it. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/30/2022 at 8:49 PM, Francisco 2.0 said:

Checking in.

Weighed this morning.  I lost the 2 I gained the week of the PGA...and an additional 2.

22 total now, and I'm under the initial goal I set for myself back on page 2 of this thread (I wanted to get to 205ish by the end of the year, and I got there by the end of May). Now want to get to 200.  Once I get there, and I will (not sure when; a trip to Disney World next week for 7 days is going to derail things some) I'll set a new goal.  

One fun thing about all the cardio I'm getting from my Peloton:  I can run up a flight of stairs now, and breathe normally at the top. Over a year ago my doctor ordered a stress test for me as a precaution because I was getting winded climbing up the same stairs.   I've not missed a day on the bike since February 17 (103 straight days).  I was lamenting to my wife the fact that my streak will get broken.  6 months ago I couldn't have pictured myself doing any kind of physical activity 103 straight days, much less sort of complaining that I am not going to do any while on vacation.  Alas 😄

Those of you lurking and wondering what you should do, if anything....just do something. Those of you doing something now, keep it up.  It's a good day to have a good day.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

You’ll be ok at Disney. There will be a lot of walking. Your choices aren’t binary- raw vegetables or gluttony. There is a middle ground. Go and have fun, eat (the smaller portion) ice cream, drink (in moderation) and have fun. All you have to remember is that you’re not a depression era dust bowl sharecropper and you don’t have to clean your plate. 😄

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/30/2022 at 8:49 PM, Francisco 2.0 said:

Checking in.

Weighed this morning.  I lost the 2 I gained the week of the PGA...and an additional 2.

22 total now, and I'm under the initial goal I set for myself back on page 2 of this thread (I wanted to get to 205ish by the end of the year, and I got there by the end of May). Now want to get to 200.  Once I get there, and I will (not sure when; a trip to Disney World next week for 7 days is going to derail things some) I'll set a new goal.  

One fun thing about all the cardio I'm getting from my Peloton:  I can run up a flight of stairs now, and breathe normally at the top. Over a year ago my doctor ordered a stress test for me as a precaution because I was getting winded climbing up the same stairs.   I've not missed a day on the bike since February 17 (103 straight days).  I was lamenting to my wife the fact that my streak will get broken.  6 months ago I couldn't have pictured myself doing any kind of physical activity 103 straight days, much less sort of complaining that I am not going to do any while on vacation.  Alas 😄

Those of you lurking and wondering what you should do, if anything....just do something. Those of you doing something now, keep it up.  It's a good day to have a good day.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I averaged 8 miles a day at WDW last July. You should just fine unless you just go crazy on the booze. 

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 5/31/2022 at 6:08 PM, Incredulity said:

Anyone recommend a quality exercise bike?  Don’t want a peloton or a subscription platform.  Don’t want special shoes to ride.  Don’t want to ride bent over like the Tour de France.

Do want moderate program variety. Do want comfortable seat. Do want something built well that will last years.

I have gotten back into jogging for the last couple years.  However I have now aggregated an old turf toe injury that I need flexibility to give the toe some rest, but don’t want to fall into lethargy.

I don’t know of any bike with programs that doesn’t use a subscription model.  But I would highly recommend my bike, the NordicTrack S22i. It’s solid as hell weighing in at around 200 lb of steel.  Offers a shit ton of variety; you can do a 15 minute ride that burns close to 300 calories or an easy 40 min ride that gets a little over 200 calories.  Want to get buck wild, jump into an hour long 1,200 calorie workout.  Today I did a 20 min ride with 1,500 ft of elevation climb and yesterday did a 30 min ride of 6x 5 min intervals.

The bike ties into an ifit subscription that if you take them up on their introductory offer works out to about $5 per month.  The ifit subscription gives you access to studio classes, yoga classes, and rides at ground level following a trainer in just about every country and setting imaginable.  And you can wear your normal shoes.

My favorite part is the auto incline / decline.  The bike has a range from -10 deg to + 20 deg inclination and adjusts with the terrain on the video as you go.  Little over five months using it and I’ve dropped 31 lbs.

Forgot to add, the seat is uncomfortable as hell starting out, but get a cushion and with time it’s no big deal.

Edited by Fudge Nuggets
  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/29/2022 at 6:59 AM, BrazilHorn said:

If you have a Oculus 2 headset, I highly recommend “Thrill of the Fight”

Do a couple of three min, three round bouts and you will be sweating your ass off. 
(provided you throw punches etc) 

 

I bought Thrill of the Fight the other day. It's a pretty fun game to play. The interaction is probably the best I've experienced in a fighting game. It's easy to get caught up in the fight without noticing that you are engaged in a shadow boxing workout.

Watching my teenager play the game I could see that he was able to maintain a proper stance, foot work and punches while still interacting with the game. It doesn't require you to make odd movements.

Overall it's a really fun game that will put you through a decent cardio workout which makes it better than the majority of video games that encourages a sedentary lifestyle.

Thanks for the recommendation.

 

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...