Wordle [spoilers inevitable but discouraged]

Prepuce of Doom

7 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

β€œOK, so this says A is not one of the letters. Β I don’t believe it, so let me try A one more time. Β Hmmm… maybe if I try A a third time it will work.”

Eh it was my first attempt at the game so I tried to lock down the vowels and other letters. Wasn't too concerned about repeating. Once I get more experience I'll be able to guess the words as quick as you.

Wordle 207 4/6

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I gotta quit starting with PIOUS.Β  But I just can't quit it.Β Β 

1 minute ago, HRSchenker said:

I might be an idiotΒ 

Wordle 207 X/6

β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›
β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›

that is a lot of yellow.Β 

19 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

I might be an idiotΒ 

Wordle 207 X/6

β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›
β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›

This isn't helping your case...

Β 

Wordle 207 6/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Β 

• Haha 1

I’ve been running steady at 4 guesses, but today is the first one that took all 6.

Wordle 207 6/6

⬜🟩⬜⬜🟩
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟨🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Β 

Β 

1 minute ago, irishtexan said:

Two "I"s. Wasted letters. Maybe "dunce"

that's the joke.Β  I've been using PIOUS and solving in 4 or less.Β  Tried EARTH once or twice.Β  Use 'em both and you get all your vowels in except that one day we had a word with "Y"Β  Β I need to remember to use F and G earlier on, always forgot about that frequent, little cabal.Β  I've been doing well except that one day my dumbass forgot that pesky letter that always follows Q and needed all 6.Β  The thing is good for your brain, I sent it to my mom to do for her early stage dementia.Β Β 

7 minutes ago, Telegraph_it said:

my fav isΒ OUIJA

That's pretty good though the "J" is a rather wasted consonant in that spot.Β  but I like it overall, gonna try it tomorrow.Β Β 

Maybe I'll get lucky and it'll be "OPERA" as the final word.Β Β 

5 minutes ago, Telegraph_it said:

my fav isΒ OUIJA

Obviously a great one for identifying the vowels - but what are the odds that a five letter word has more than two vowels? Β Different strategies work for different folks, but to me that’s two wasted letters on the first guess. Β I’d rather take stabs at the 21 consonants that are going to be the bulk of the word. Β 
Β 

For example, today I had the vowels placed by my second guess. Β It took four more guesses to run through the possible consonants. Β 

The 10 most common letters in order are:Β 

E A R I O T N S L

C

I've started using CLEAR and RIOTS as my first two words and testing it on Wordle Unlimited, I get 4 letters 90% of the time. The longest it took to solve was 4 attempts. About half were in 3 attempts.Β 

If someone can come up with 2 words that cover all 10 letters, that could improve the odds a bit.

Β 

8 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

The 10 most common letters in order are:Β 

E A R I O T N S L

C

I've started using CLEAR and RIOTS as my first two words and testing it on Wordle Unlimited, I get 4 letters 90% of the time. The longest it took to solve was 4 attempts. About half were in 3 attempts.Β 

If someone can come up with 2 words that cover all 10 letters, that could improve the odds a bit.

Β 

React and Lions

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

React and Lions

Whatever man, ALTER SCION is a much cooler band name.Β  Your's sounds like some lame-ass self help book.Β Β 

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

Wordle 207 4/6

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I gotta quit starting with PIOUS.Β  But I just can't quit it.Β Β 

i think i understand why you can only do one a day πŸ€”

1 minute ago, irishtexan said:

I'm playing wordle unlimited and for a quick second I was working through using the word "salet" because of this dumb website

Yep. This site will skew your vocabulary a bit. Β I can’t use the word β€œregarded” anymore thanks to my time on the Shag/Surl. Β It just doesn’t feel right. Β 

2 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Yep. This site will skew your vocabulary a bit. Β I can’t use the word β€œregarded” anymore thanks to my time on the Shag/Surl. Β It just doesn’t feel right. Β 

Similar - I'll occasionally use it in a way that would imply a double meaning around here, but nobody in the real world picks up on the nuance, obviously.Β 

And even when I'm just using the word normally, it feels a little weird.Β