Wordle [spoilers inevitable but discouraged]

Prepuce of Doom

okay, I kind of agree with that. I've been using Adieu as a starter and it is a bitch to go from there sometimes.  I've had times when I've lost because I've gotten all the letters but one and all form a word but I've run out of chances. Obviously, I'm playing wordle unlimited sometimes. Fuck whoever posted that link, by the way.

Edited by burntorangebongos
  • Hook 'Em 1

Wordle 208 5/6

🟨
🟩

🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yeah, today was a real stumper. 

I eventually figured out that my yellow letter had to be in the first position because it obviously couldn't be in the second, and it didn't make sense in third, but even having 1, 4, and 5 it took me a good while to get to the final combination for 2 and 3.

Why was England mad yesterday? I assume it was a word with alternate spellings between the US and UK, but I can't remember what it was. 

2 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Vwls r vrrtd whn t cms t frmng wrds nd phrss. Cntxtlly, cnsnnts r mr mprtnt.

I think E, A, and O are more useful than I, U, and sometimes-Y. 

NARDS MOTEL gets me the good three, and if necessary, I can usually figure out a third word that includes one of the lesser vowels and a third tier of consonants. 

Wordle 208 5/6

🟨🟨
🟨🟨
🟨🟨🟩
🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler

Double letter and a lesser-known word = much more difficult.

12 minutes ago, Ojo Rojo said:

This one took me longer than any other so far.

It would be cool if they added  "total game time" (both for each day's individual puzzle, and for all time) and "average time to completion" measures to the ongoing statistics. 

Screenshot_20220113-102849_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Prepuce of Doom

Struck out yesterday on my first try, got it today. Took way too long, lol, I'm an idiot.

How are you getting those images? I click share and it shows up like this. EDIT: That's fucking weird, it looks weird on the paste, but when posted looks normal.

Wordle 208 4/6

🟨🟩
🟩🟩
🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Edited by 'stache

17 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Struck out yesterday on my first try, got it today. Took way too long, lol, I'm an idiot.

How are you getting those images? I click share and it shows up like this. EDIT: That's fucking weird, it looks weird on the paste, but when posted looks normal.

Wordle 208 4/6

🟨🟩
🟩🟩
🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

There's definitely something a little hinky between the copying and pasting. I assume it's a combination of compatability between the way the game generates the copypasta text, the default formatting of our web site here, plus probably some Android vs iPhone weirdness. Plus emoji variability based on whether you play in dark mode or not. 

5 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

I missed it today for the first time. I'm officially a tard.

I have put a ridiculous amount of pressure on myself for this game.  I've gotten them all so far and it's usually on guess 4.  Guess 4 is also where I start stressing about being an idiot if I don't get the word.  

I'm refusing to hit the link for unlimited because I don't want to obsess any more than I already do on this silly game.

• Hook 'Em 1

If you enter a word before the right one, will they both bring up yellow or even yellow/green?  Or just the one time?  Honest question, I haven't tried that yet until today and only on the 6th guess because there was no other possibility.  This changes everything!!!

41 minutes ago, Lobo said:

If you enter a word before the right one, will they both bring up yellow or even yellow/green?  Or just the one time?  Honest question, I haven't tried that yet until today and only on the 6th guess because there was no other possibility.  This changes everything!!!

All correct letters show up yellow/green every try.

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

I'm having a hard time understanding the question (you're not doing DMT at your desk again, are you???) but if your guess contains a correct letter in the incorrect position, it shows as yellow, while a correct letter in the correct location shows as green. Wrong letters are black or gray, depending on whether you play in dark mode. 

I meant I never put a word in before with the same letter twice, in any order.  Like I've never entered "BELLS."  I had it in my head that there were no multiple appearances of the same letter in the final word.  So I never bothered entering multiple appearances of the same letter in my 6 word tries.  But if I entered "BELLS" and the correct word was "BELTS"...would the first "L" show up as green and the second "L" show up as yellow or black?  Does that make sense?  I know I'm asking this confoundedly.  

8 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I meant I never put a word in before with the same letter twice, in any order.  Like I've never entered "BELLS."  I had it in my head that there were no multiple appearances of the same letter in the final word.  So I never bothered entering multiple appearances of the same letter in my 6 word tries.  But if I entered "BELLS" and the correct word was "BELTS"...would the first "L" show up as green and the second "L" show up as yellow or black?  Does that make sense?  I know I'm asking this confoundedly.  

I think I get what you're asking. 

If the answer is BELTS and you put in BELLS then you'll get a green L in position #3, though I don't know for sure what would appear in position #4 - I assume it would be black. I can't imagine any reason for it to be otherwise. 

But if the answer was BELLS and your guess was LILAC, then it would be yellow in #1 and green in #3, and black everywhere else.