Wordle [spoilers inevitable but discouraged]

Prepuce of Doom

Wordle 214 3/6

🟩🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

See.  Simple, regular American words for dumb people like me.  Was that so hard Wordle?  You Limey cunts! 

Wordle 214 3/6

🟨
🟨🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

You know, I just wanted to go out there an execute. Had a great gameplan that I've been working on all week and they didn't throw anything at me that I hadn't seen on film. So it was really about playing within the system, limiting mistakes, and letting the process take over, not worrying about the final score. I'll celebrate this for 24 hours and then it will be on to the next one.

23 hours ago, Wiler77 said:
  Hide contents

My 7 and 10 year old sons saw a train yesterday and both got excited because "train" would make a good first guess.  And it was.  With the "a" and "i" eliminated, I said, "we need a word with "e" and "o".  My wife busted out "peony" which was about as perfect a word as you could come up with today, but a good word in general with "e", "o", and "y".

Spoiled in case anyone doesn’t want any outside strategy suggestions.

Spoiler

I started thinking through words with the most vowels without googling it (still haven’t) and ended up on maile, an obscure word that I knew of but took a while to remember. The m and l are also common. I sometimes follow up with pouty and get all the vowels in two tries. 

13 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Dang. I was so proud of myself. Now i see almost everybody did just as good.

Wordle 214 3/6*

emoji833.pngemoji833.png🟨emoji833.pngemoji833.png
emoji833.pngemoji833.png🟩emoji833.png🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Well. Just as well. 😁

3 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I am really pissed at the person who posted the link to unlimited.

This.  I have been fucking around with Unlimited  by using bizarre starting words. Punched in ZEBRA and got four hits with the E and R in proper place. B and A were yellow.

BEARS was the easy follow up guess.  It seems to me that Wordle tries to come up with words that have some sort of twist to make it more of a thinking game. Unlimited don't give a fuck. Any 5-letter word is fine. It seems easier to me, anyway.

Edited by Shoxthemonkey

Playing around on wordle unlimited I've realized there are some words that are unsolvable on hard mode.  Specifically, words that with 4 green letters, there are 4, 5, 6, or more possibilities for the final letter.

_ears

bears, dears, fears, gears, hears, nears, pears, rears, sears, tears, years

On hard mode, your first guess could be bears and you're still not guaranteed to get one of the other words it in 6 tries.

Even on regular mode it would be tough (impossible?) to guess words to eliminate all the possibilities.

I wonder if wordle original flavor is intentionally avoiding these kind of words.

Edited by WBT