Dallas Cowboys 2022 Offseason Thread -- Every Time Jerrah Talks, an Angel Sheds Their Wings

Patrick Bateman

I don't think they're a better team but who are the big contributors they lost? Gregory is one for sure as he had a solid season last year. Cooper? He has never been consistently good outside of the first five or six games after the trade. He missed 2 games around that crucial Thanksgiving stretch for being a dumbass and looked like trash every game after that including the playoffs, and now he's publicly blaming everyone other than himself for it. We'll see but I'm not surprised if he's poorly thought of for his attitude and lack of dedication around the league. 

Who else? They needed a slot guy for sure and picked up Turpin who possibly can fill that role. Can also move Ceedee around the formation to help there at times as well. Conor Williams was an ok guard but nothing great. Lael was a disaster last season and a half just from an attitude and availability standpoint. 

Their biggest problem is they didn't get appreciably better, but if Dak can actually stay healthy and if rookie Smith can perform at guard, rookie Williams at end, and Hurts is still the QB in Philly they can repeat what they did last year and become the first repeat division winner since McNabb I believe. 

They won't win the Super Bowl outside of some tremendous and ridiculous lottery-winning like luck but they should be in the playoffs. And if you're still a fan of this organization run by inept, rich hillbillies whose souls are dipped in week old outhouse shit then that's realistically the best you can expect to see. 

Has anyone complained yet about the senselessness of splitting Tyler smiths rookie reps between guard and tackle?

My belief is that rookie oline expecting to start need every rep they can get in their role with the other starters to develop the synergies that oline play depends on. Splitting his reps means he got half the practice that he should have all because the coaches won’t make up their mind on what he will play for this season.

Zach Martin could split reps at tackle without missing a beat in his role, but Tyler probably needs to focus on one thing and get good at it.

I don't think they're a better team but who are the big contributors they lost? Gregory is one for sure as he had a solid season last year. Cooper? He has never been consistently good outside of the first five or six games after the trade. He missed 2 games around that crucial Thanksgiving stretch for being a dumbass and looked like trash every game after that including the playoffs, and now he's publicly blaming everyone other than himself for it. We'll see but I'm not surprised if he's poorly thought of for his attitude and lack of dedication around the league. 
Who else? They needed a slot guy for sure and picked up Turpin who possibly can fill that role. Can also move Ceedee around the formation to help there at times as well. Conor Williams was an ok guard but nothing great. Lael was a disaster last season and a half just from an attitude and availability standpoint. 
Their biggest problem is they didn't get appreciably better, but if Dak can actually stay healthy and if rookie Smith can perform at guard, rookie Williams at end, and Hurts is still the QB in Philly they can repeat what they did last year and become the first repeat division winner since McNabb I believe. 
They won't win the Super Bowl outside of some tremendous and ridiculous lottery-winning like luck but they should be in the playoffs. And if you're still a fan of this organization run by inept, rich hillbillies whose souls are dipped in week old outhouse shit then that's realistically the best you can expect to see. 

Stuff like this is true until it’s not. Every year is a new team even if it has the same players. These things are easy I-told-you-so statements, if you are wrong it means the team did well and hooray, if you are right it means you were nails before the season started.

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

How are we the #2 overall ranked team??bb2dc85d93b9e32ac2ed5985cf47bf29.jpg

Probably because of guys like Parsons with big scores that jack up the overall team score, and the fact that the Cowboys are a very popular team that a lot of people like to play with or against. But it really means jack.

• Hook 'Em 1

I'd guess they have Zeke, Tyron, Lawrence and Diggs pretty overrated.  Diggs especially after last year. Yes the interceptions are great but he still gives up a ton of yards.
A chunk of those yards were not his though. PFF is dogshit in their ratings and how they rank. This is what people were going on with how many yards he gave up. They were not his responsibility but he went to help. Give me a guy who makes plays and changes outcomes of games. We haven't had that in forever. On the flip side, PFF rates that bum Byron Jones at the very top. A guy that couldn't make a play if you gift wrapped it and handed it to him on a silver platter. Made zero plays at all.

Ball hawks take chances and give up plays. You'll take that.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Remember when Zeke got suspended 6 games for not assaulting his girlfriend and Watson got 6 games for wearing a tiny towel and rubbing his dick on like 50 women?
Came here to post this. After it came out the woman was lying and proof of this. She was a scorned ex whose free money train left her. Also, this shit happened before he was in the league. I'm still not sure that he was even suspended for.

2 hours ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

Remember when Zeke got suspended 6 games for not assaulting his girlfriend and Watson got 6 games for wearing a tiny towel and rubbing his dick on like 50 women?

Zeke touched a boob one time in front of people when it was offered to him in front of a bunch of people. Watson groped (or worse) a couple of dozen women non-consensually behind closed doors over a period of years. Sure, it's exactly the  same.

Third highest payroll in 2021. Pretty sure they didn't win it all or anywhere close. 

The Texans had the highest payroll. Pretty sure they didn't win it all.

Payroll isn't a good indicator of quality of team.

The Bengals were 8, young roster, young qb, makes sense. Rams aren't even on the chart before you have to consent to all cookies.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/240074/player-salaries-of-national-football-league-teams/

I think most people here that pay attention to stuff I post don't consider me to be the total homer type Cowboys fan. Jerry needs to go into a home and take his son with him, hire a real GM. But I don't have a huge problem with their offseason. A couple of things should have gone better. The players they didn't sign they didn't sign for good reasons. Their decision making is always flawed. This particular year doesn't even seem like one of the dumbest. It's just the last, which always seems like the dumbest, because even if they get it somewhat right, Jerry and company always seem to look dumb regardless.

• Hook 'Em 1

Lovely.... So now who will be our#2 while Gallup is out? This has the makings of 2018 when we went into the season with that junk until we realized we needed a legit threat and traded for Cooper. Oh but that's right, we kept the gimp in Gallup and gave up Cooper for a throwaway pick. Very Cowboys front office like276e53161b0aff67d1858b00c9c74e5d.jpg

• Rage+1 1

Definitely thin in receiving depth. That could increase the odds of seeing Diggs getting a few plays on offense early. Pollard likely gets a lot more outside reps. It's a shame they didn't add a good receiving TE that's ready to play. Tolbert better look legit and establish himself quickly. 

I'm still more concerned with the center position. If Biadasz doesn't take a major step forward and none of the younger guys turn out to be an upgrade it's not going to be pretty.

They also need a swing tackle

1 hour ago, DougO said:

I think most people here that pay attention to stuff I post don't consider me to be the total homer type Cowboys fan. Jerry needs to go into a home and take his son with him, hire a real GM. But I don't have a huge problem with their offseason. A couple of things should have gone better. The players they didn't sign they didn't sign for good reasons. Their decision making is always flawed. This particular year doesn't even seem like one of the dumbest. It's just the last, which always seems like the dumbest, because even if they get it somewhat right, Jerry and company always seem to look dumb regardless.

Bruh, you were anti Amari from the absolute get go. You may not be a homer, but you siding with the Cowboys in getting rid of Amari for pennies on that dollar isn't exactly a huge revelation. 

Among the vet receivers that still look like they are available, I think I would take a look at Emannuel Sanders. He could help bridge the gap for a few weeks, has the experience to step in and be useful, though not a ball hog by any means. Also a local product, probably wouldn't cost a ton.

3 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Bruh, you were anti Amari from the absolute get go. You may not be a homer, but you siding with the Cowboys in getting rid of Amari for pennies on that dollar isn't exactly a huge revelation. 

I wasn't anti-anything. I was just correct from the beginning, and continued to be correct through the end of his Cowboys tenure. The Cowboys should have gotten more, but it would not have been considerably more under the circumstances. Nobody else was offering but Cleveland. There wasn't much room left on that bone.

It would be rough for all Cowboys fans but there is a part of me that hopes Jerry never wins anything while he is still alive because of him being petty about the ring of honor. 
There's no hope needed. He won't. Him and his hillbilly inbred looking son have no idea how to run a team personnel wise. That's been evident.

It's the cycle of mediocrity that is nearing 30 years. Sure, they have years where they are good, then years they are very bad and a ton of middle of the road years. They all end the same way, too.
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

It would be rough for all Cowboys fans but there is a part of me that hopes Jerry never wins anything while he is still alive because of him being petty about the ring of honor. 

He took forever to induct Drew Pearson as well, which may have helped keep him out of the Hall Of Fame way too long. Jerry didn't like the actual legendary Cowboys overshadowing his short run of success that he couldn't maintain after Jimmy.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, DougO said:

He took forever to induct Drew Pearson as well, which may have helped keep him out of the Hall Of Fame way too long. Jerry didn't like the actual legendary Cowboys overshadowing his short run of success that he couldn't maintain after Jimmy.

Jerry infuriates me. He is a fly in the ointment of God.

Edited by Nicole44

On 7/11/2022 at 3:28 PM, Hermanator said:

Chad Johnson's like 45. And we know Parsons is quick and fast for a LB. How is that interesting?

It’s interesting to me, only because I’ve heard, second hand from Stephen, that he doesn’t work hard. Dak?  Works his balls off. Micah doesn’t. He’s a gamer for sure, but unless his work ethic improves, his production will plummet. 

6 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Lovely.... So now who will be our#2 while Gallup is out? This has the makings of 2018 when we went into the season with that junk until we realized we needed a legit threat and traded for Cooper. Oh but that's right, we kept the gimp in Gallup and gave up Cooper for a throwaway pick. Very Cowboys front office like276e53161b0aff67d1858b00c9c74e5d.jpg

Looks like it’s about time to give up way too much for Deebo Samuel

And Washington out 10-12 weeks so his year is shot. Gimp Gallup. When they call CeeDee the WR1 that douesnt mean he’s the only one on the field. We are fucked.

Every series. 1./10Zeke up middle, 1 yd. 2/9. Zeke off tackle. NG. 3/9. CeeDee jet sweep for 3 yard loss. Or Dak inc to Schultz. Or sack. 4/12. Punt. Long season.

I predict after 8 games Zeke will have 175 carries for 350 yards 9 fumbles and 5 TDs and Jerry and Stephen will be telling us he’s still an elite back and will refuse to bench him.

• Rage+1 2

5 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

And Washington out 10-12 weeks so his year is shot. Gimp Gallup. When they call CeeDee the WR1 that douesnt mean he’s the only one on the field. We are fucked

This makes me nervous as well.  Although, James Washington wasn't moving the needle much to begin with.

Unless one of these young guys can step up, our WRs will be a problem. 

You shut down CeeDee and the run and we don't have any other proven options that can step up, except maybe Dalton?

16 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

There's no hope needed. He won't. Him and his hillbilly inbred looking son have no idea how to run a team personnel wise. That's been evident.

It's the cycle of mediocrity that is nearing 30 years. Sure, they have years where they are good, then years they are very bad and a ton of middle of the road years. They all end the same way, too.

The sheer insanity that demonstrates how inept they are is that they've been this bad to mediocre with zero playoff success for 26 years now and they've had a legit top 10 to 12 in the league franchise QB for every one of those years except 2000 to 2006. 

A decently run franchise goes to 5 or 6 conf championship games and at least 1 to 2 super bowls with that. 

2 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

The sheer insanity that demonstrates how inept they are is that they've been this bad to mediocre with zero playoff success for 26 years now and they've had a legit top 10 to 12 in the league franchise QB for every one of those years except 2000 to 2006. 

A decently run franchise goes to 5 or 6 conf championship games and at least 1 to 2 super bowls with that. 

image.gif.1f36b1ddf0c2b70618d45d1bec88c671.gif

Day 6. Lulz kicking game
296881509_10159768122005180_1784895236813074330_n.png?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=qH4Cvud8RgQAX9YLKML&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&oh=00_AT8uWREx23wl_DWC-QSW1paK2GpOsnGz-DY4pCex9r4gnQ&oe=62EF2D45

Fucking John Fassel can’t coach a kicker not named Zuerlein. Has he ever developed a kicker. These two suck. They should have open kicking comp every other day. There’s a hundred kickers in LA that are likely better than these two.

Penalties a problem. Dak off. No receivers. Shitty long snapper. Sounds like typical Cowboys. Bring back Ladoceur.

I’m changing to 6-11.
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

And Washington out 10-12 weeks so his year is shot. Gimp Gallup. When they call CeeDee the WR1 that douesnt mean he’s the only one on the field. We are fucked.

Every series. 1./10Zeke up middle, 1 yd. 2/9. Zeke off tackle. NG. 3/9. CeeDee jet sweep for 3 yard loss. Or Dak inc to Schultz. Or sack. 4/12. Punt. Long season.

I predict after 8 games Zeke will have 175 carries for 350 yards 9 fumbles and 5 TDs and Jerry and Stephen will be telling us he’s still an elite back and will refuse to bench him.

Not that it's ideal, you do understand that 10-12 weeks from now is like October.  If he gets back that's like half the season of playing...bit dramatic there bub.

Don't disagree with the rest as I'm the ring leader of the "First down handoffs are stupid" crowd.

I also love that a "off day" for Dak at Practice means the seasons doomed.  Typical fandom.

Edited by Drew