2022 Texas High School Football

texifornia

23 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

what football beds did they cut into ?  << <what i meant to ask 

Duncanville is just southwest of Dallas, there’s always a ton of talent in that area, Duncanville, DeSoto, and SOC are all very close to each other and they’re all in state title games.

Cedar Hill is the team in the area that lost the talent roulette this year. 3-time state champion, but they were terrible this season. Also Skyline used to be pretty good, but have been awful since Samples left for Duncanville.

6 minutes ago, DigDug said:

Actually majority hispanic

Yeah, Duncanville is actually like 50% Hispanic and 40% Black. Football team doesn’t quite share those demographics though.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Yeah, Duncanville is actually like 50% Hispanic and 40% Black. Football team doesn’t quite share those demographics though.

Duncanville has open enrollment too and gets a lot of players from DISD.

Cedar Hill has talent but poor coaching these days. Though much of Cedar Hill’s demographics are shifting toward Mansfield. It’s getting rougher there.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, cactusflinthead said:

Throw Lancaster in there and that was SOC's first 3 of the season. Craig mentioned that back at the start.

Their nondistrict was insane, no one should’ve been bothered by the losses on their record.

1 minute ago, Stunns38 said:

Cedar Hill has talent but poor coaching these days. Though much of Cedar Hill’s demographics are shifting toward Mansfield. It’s getting rougher there.

It’s no coincidence Skyline fell off as soon as Samples left.

Cedar Hill was in the state title game just two years ago. Their coach is okay, but he’s no Joey McGuire.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I've been stuck in the house still getting over that respiratory virus and watched and dozed during football yesterday. Some of the games were more fun to watch than others, but the most fun has been watching @Beau Vine and @Helobious picks go head to head.

Copy paste from Helo's post with bolded comments based on Beau's picks from a few pages back.

Helo Redemption week:
6AD1: NS beats Duncanville. Fully believe in Amador the Matador 
6AD2: Desoto beats Vandy. Too explosive on offense.
5AD1: Aledo beats CS, cause they’re Aledo. 

5AD2: PNG beats SOC like 14-7. SOC turnovers doom them. Also seems unwise to pick against a team with a Vietnamese running back. Beau Vine picked SOC.
4AD1: Boerne beats China spring. Greyhound destiny. Not today destiny. Beau Vine picked CS.
4AD2: Carthage beats Wimberley, because they’re Carthage  You both picked Carthage because who wouldn't? Draw.
3AD1: Brock beats Franklin in an upset. Beau Vine got the repeat win for Franklin.
3AD2: Poth beats Gunter, region 4 rise up Not so fast. Gunter got this one. Beau Vine picked Gunter.
2AD1: Refugio beats Hawthorne, south Texas power baby. It's actually Hawley and they won. Another point to Beau Vine
2AD2: Mart beats Albany. I’ve heard of Mart before Albany wins so they can be heard. Once again Beau.
1AD1: Abbott beats Westbrook. I have never heard of these towns/schools in my life Westbrook took this one.
1AD2: Loraine beats Benjamin. I have never heard of these towns/schools in my life. Benjamin for the win.

The last two games Beau Vine didn't select so I'll call them a draw.

Three games left. both picked Desoto and Aledo to win and the final game of the night they've got opposing picks. All in good fun fellows, but it's added an extra element to an otherwise crap weekend when I'm coughing up a lung so thanks.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Lonestar88 said:

Duncanville is just southwest of Dallas, there’s always a ton of talent in that area, Duncanville, DeSoto, and SOC are all very close to each other and they’re all in state title games.

Cedar Hill is the team in the area that lost the talent roulette this year. 3-time state champion, but they were terrible this season. Also Skyline used to be pretty good, but have been awful since Samples left for Duncanville.

Pretty sure all those districts have open enrollment. The kid that played QB for Cedar Hill in 21 is DeSotos 3rd leading receiver this year

41 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I've been stuck in the house still getting over that respiratory virus and watched and dozed during football yesterday. Some of the games were more fun to watch than others, but the most fun has been watching @Beau Vine and @Helobious picks go head to head.

Copy paste from Helo's post with bolded comments based on Beau's picks from a few pages back.

Helo Redemption week:
6AD1: NS beats Duncanville. Fully believe in Amador the Matador 
6AD2: Desoto beats Vandy. Too explosive on offense.
5AD1: Aledo beats CS, cause they’re Aledo. 

5AD2: PNG beats SOC like 14-7. SOC turnovers doom them. Also seems unwise to pick against a team with a Vietnamese running back. Beau Vine picked SOC.
4AD1: Boerne beats China spring. Greyhound destiny. Not today destiny. Beau Vine picked CS.
4AD2: Carthage beats Wimberley, because they’re Carthage  You both picked Carthage because who wouldn't? Draw.
3AD1: Brock beats Franklin in an upset. Beau Vine got the repeat win for Franklin.
3AD2: Poth beats Gunter, region 4 rise up Not so fast. Gunter got this one. Beau Vine picked Gunter.
2AD1: Refugio beats Hawthorne, south Texas power baby. It's actually Hawley and they won. Another point to Beau Vine
2AD2: Mart beats Albany. I’ve heard of Mart before Albany wins so they can be heard. Once again Beau.
1AD1: Abbott beats Westbrook. I have never heard of these towns/schools in my life Westbrook took this one.
1AD2: Loraine beats Benjamin. I have never heard of these towns/schools in my life. Benjamin for the win.

The last two games Beau Vine didn't select so I'll call them a draw.

Three games left. both picked Desoto and Aledo to win and the final game of the night they've got opposing picks. All in good fun fellows, but it's added an extra element to an otherwise crap weekend when I'm coughing up a lung so thanks.

Desoto & Aledo are two of the easiest picks of the weekend. NS-Duncanville is about as big of a tossup as it gets. Would be cool if samples won but I think NS is going to be too much

• Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Desoto & Aledo are two of the easiest picks of the weekend. NS-Duncanville is about as big of a tossup as it gets. Would be cool if samples won but I think NS is going to be too much

As a Vandegrift fan headed up to the game, this is music to my ears.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

10 minutes ago, Tree Fidy said:

As a Vandegrift fan headed up to the game, this is music to my ears.  

As a North Shore fan, I'm bummed out.  But on the bright side, I like Duncanville a lot and wouldn't mind them winning it either.

I think the Duncanville D will be too much for the Mustangs this time around.  If Bailey were still at QB for NS which would mean Amador would still be at WR then I would say NS would have the edge.  But next year, North Shore stackt, rest of 6A fuckt.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Stunns38 said:

Cedar Hill has a lot of really nice areas. They lost McGuire and gotten gentrified out of football dominance though

Aledo seemingly looks like an allstar team built through the transfer portal.  Multiple mentions of "first year starter," which in and of itself is to be expected.

Do your fucking job, UIL...

3 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
10 minutes ago, slorch said:
Aledo seemingly looks like an allstar team built through the transfer portal.  Multiple mentions of "first year starter," which in and of itself is to be expected.

So this is how they rose to power?

Junior and Senior starters who are in their first year in the system?  LOLZ.

Sure.  Homegrown AF.

4 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
11 minutes ago, slorch said:

So this is how they rose to power?

Yep. Johnathan Gray was even a transfer in as well iirc, but in 8th grade.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Pretty sure all those districts have open enrollment. The kid that played QB for Cedar Hill in 21 is DeSotos 3rd leading receiver this year

Yes he is, that’s why I said Cedar Hill lost the talent roulette this year. There is enough talent to sustain multiple schools in this area, but not quite enough for all of them, somebody is going to lose out. Suburban parents on the north side ain’t really in a rush to send their kids to South Dallas County, so the talent pool for these schools still comes from a surprisingly limited area, which means they can cannibalize each other.  

(Note: Duncanville basketball is an exception to this, them boys recruit statewide.)

39 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

Cedar Hill has a lot of really nice areas. They lost McGuire and gotten gentrified out of football dominance though

Desoto has a lot of really nice areas too, Cedar Hill’s demographics have not shifted much in the short time since McGuire left, they just lost the talent musical chair game this cycle. 6-10 years ago, Cedar Hill and DeSoto were really good and Duncanville wasn’t. That’s just how it goes.

Edited by Lonestar88
  • Hook 'Em 1