Texas vs Toads B12 Tournament Game Thread ESPN2 11:30am Thurs March 10th

LTtxfan

5 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

It would be really nice if Febres was good at literally anything besides getting super hot from 3 every once in a blue moon. 

He's not terrible. He had 3 dimes in the first half. He's a big negative on D, though. 

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

He's not terrible. He had 3 dimes in the first half. He's a big negative on D, though. 

I’ll happily take that trade off if he gives us a handful of minutes and is locked in from 3. His leash should be shorter than the one you have on that Vietnamese woman you’ve kept in your basement the last couple years 

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a team that can just go ape shit scoring wise for like 5-8 mins then just go ice fucking cold for the next 10-15 mins 

And good fucking god I’m all for letting them play but Jesus fucking Christ someone is going to die. Or get hurt like say right now 

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

What does it take to get a fucking call!?!? Jesus swallowing your whistle s fine with me but this is fucking nuts 

gonna be this way until we are out of the conference. plus CBB officials suck shit in general.

Just now, dcar00 said:

gonna be this way until we are out of the conference. plus CBB officials suck shit in general.

They do but normally they’re calling a foul every five seconds. Not sure I’ve ever seen college officials just let fucking EVERYTHING slide like this. I’m fucking worried about one of our players getting pounded in the paint and getting some serious injury. This amount of whistle swallowing is fuckin dangerous 

3 minutes ago, chemHORN said:

This team is just hard to watch.  They really can't get out of their own way.  Offense is no better than the Shaka offenses.  

That’s simply not true. We actually move the ball around some and even draw up plays. Compared to Matt Coleman and Ramey throwing back and fourth with everyone standing there then all the sudden Coleman or Ramey or whoever had to either drive into 3 dudes waiting on him or take some ridiculous off balance, contested shot. This offense is frustrating but it’s more so the lack of players that fit the system rather than playing fucking street ball 

10 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

No it's not. This team is average. Inconsistent shooting and no elite athleticism. Beard is a hell of a coach.

I think being up 20 and now only up 1 and being outscored 31-12 since the last few seconds of the 1st half until right now qualifies as a collapse.  

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

You’ve been saying the stupid shit all season and it’s just not remotely true 

Yep. Beard is actually running an offense. Just needs better/more athletic/more consistent shooting players.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1