Texas vs Toads B12 Tournament Game Thread ESPN2 11:30am Thurs March 10th

LTtxfan

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

If we win two games in the tournament I will be extremely gruntled.

Without a 4 or 5 seed I think this team will have a hard time in the second round unless there's an upset. They're not going to match up well with most of the #2 or #3 seeds I see being listed. I mean, they'd have a hard time in the second round regardless, but the more athletic the team is with the better dribble penetration, the worst they're going to do.

Should've beaten TCU, though. Especially up 40-22 at the half. That was inexcusable, frankly.

Im gonna be brutally honest.  There has not been a Texas Basketball team in my life time that I have liked less than this team.  I had such high hopes for these guys to start the season.  But they are just a group of guys, not a TEAM.  We scored what, maybe 10 pts in the 2nd half and blew a 20 pt lead?  Thats uncalled for.

Beard has got to recruit some guys that can actually play basketball.  Idk what the fuck ive been watching all year, but that aint it chief. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

Hopefully the team learns something for this shit show, but it's doubtful. Beard needs to think about this season, and how he builds his roster moving forward. Go get athletes.

He needs to think about his starting lineup next week and whether a certain someone needs to sit to start the game 

• Hook 'Em 1

You could tell from the start of the 2nd half what was going to happen. . We were just going through the motions. 

hopefully Beard points this out 

1 minute ago, SL Xpress said:

Without a 4 or 5 seed I think this team will have a hard time in the second round unless there's an upset. They're not going to match up well with most of the #2 or #3 seeds I see being listed. I mean, they'd have a hard time in the second round regardless, but the more athletic the team is with the better dribble penetration, the worst they're going to do.

Should've beaten TCU, though. Especially up 40-22 at the half. That was inexcusable, frankly.

Well March is where upsets happen!!!

3 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

lol second round.  good one

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

He needs to think about his starting lineup next week and whether a certain someone needs to sit to start the game 

You're not being realistic. Doesn't mean you can't think it and voice it, but you and I both know that will never happen. For any team/coach. If the message was going to be sent by not starting him, it would have been done way before the opening game in the tournament.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Rockethorn1978 said:

If we make the sweet 16 we will all look back on this game and just have a good old laugh.

not happening.  save the home Kansas game we don't beat teams better than we are and we struggle with some mediocre teams.

Also, if we get a crew that wants to call everything look out.

my expectation is to win the first round game. I don't see how we beat a 3 seed.

Beard needs a different point guard. 

Bingo. This team doesn’t have a floor general. I kept waiting for someone to step up all year but that never happened. This team gets lost easily and they wait for someone else to step up. I really thought Allen was going to be that guy. Damn shame because the talent is there.

6 minutes ago, D3zii said:

You could tell from the start of the 2nd half what was going to happen. . We were just going through the motions. 

hopefully Beard points this out 

Well March is where upsets happen!!!

This is exactly right. Came out flat in the second half thinking we were gonna sleep walk to a win. This team isn’t good enough to take anyone lightly and still pull out a W.

We’re so schizophrenic, I could see us winning 2 games in the tournament or getting embarrassed in the first round.

• Like 1

Just now, dcar00 said:

not happening.  save the home Kansas game we don't beat teams better than we are and we struggle with some mediocre teams.

Also, if we get a crew that wants to call everything look out.

my expectation is to win the first round game. I don't see how we beat a 3 seed.

Well, Tennessee is looking like a #3 seed right now in the projections. But yeah, I agree with you.

Did the football teams suckage seep into the basketball program.  New coaches same results 

someone from  UT pissed on an Indian grave site didn’t they 

First year of new coach and new system … team of miscellaneous transfers… seriously lacking inside presence and + athleticism on both ends… this year is a mulligan, much better than it would have been with Shaka’s likely lineup in a lame duck season

Overall decent year piecing together the odd parts and being competitive on defense … if the offensive ruts and personnel holes persist into year 3, that’s a better time for the guillotine talk

All said, we’ll likely see a team as good as tcu if not better in ncaa tourney game one… so AJ, Carr and Disu better be ready to contribute and Allen will need to hit a decent % of his shots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got busy at work for the 2nd half and came back to see the score and just chuckle. Of course we did. 

Cannot wait for Carr to gtfo. He was a rental who proved that he is exactly who he was his entire a career. A ball-handler who handles the ball way too fuckin much considering he doesn't create and has never shot over 40% FG in any of his collegiate seasons. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Jambon said:

Is getting a bunch of guys out of the transfer portal a good thing?  If they are so great, why are they transferring?

Can’t build a team around the portal. The portal is good for fixing simple roster gaps and adding a little depth. These players just aren’t that good.

Just now, David Dennison said:

Watch Tech make the Final Four.

That would be so on brand for us.

Meh, good for them. I'm pretty indifferent about Tech's success. I like Mark Adams, so I don't mind him doing well. I like the Big 12 doing well. It's not SEC SEC level, but other than Baylor and Scott Drew, I like seeing Big 12 teams deep in the NCAA tournament. 

Mark Adams did a better job putting together his team in the offseason. No doubt about it. I don't need to see them in the Final Four to have that hammered home. 

Chris Beard is the right coach for Texas. He's going to do well. Might never do well in the conference tournament, though, whichever conference he's in.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1