Texas vs Toads B12 Tournament Game Thread ESPN2 11:30am Thurs March 10th

LTtxfan

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Marcus Carr singlehandedly cost us this game. It's really that simple. Fucking embarassing performance. 

We might have been worse off to begin the year, but I really think we would be much better by now if he weren't on the team. His hogging the ball kills ball movement, makes the motion offense basically impossible to run and he generally just takes awful iso shots and turns the ball over a ton. His play completely impedes the team's offensive development. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Chris Beard has won 1 conference tournament game in 5 seasons. Looks like it might be 1 in 6 seasons. Bad collapse in the first part of the 2nd half, no doubt about it. This last minute hasn't been something to cheer about, either. Maybe we can get a missed free throw and a 3.

Just now, Burt Macklin said:

We might have been worse off to begin the year, but I really think we would be much better by now if he weren't on the team. His hogging the ball kills ball movement, makes the motion offense basically impossible to run and he generally just takes awful iso shots and turns the ball over a ton.

Meh. He’s our second best ball handler. Kinda have to live and die with it because there just isn’t any other options 

Just now, Burt Macklin said:

We might have been worse off to begin the year, but I really think we would be much better by now if he weren't on the team. His hogging the ball kills ball movement, makes the motion offense basically impossible to run and he generally just takes awful iso shots and turns the ball over a ton.

Absolutely.  Dude is a black hole of suck.  

And I'll say it: Beard's refusal to bench Carr about a dozen games ago concerns me.

• Rage+1 1

Just done with the Marcus Carr thing.

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

3/13 shooting 0 boards 2 assists 2 turnovers 4 fouls 

Why the fuck do we ride and die with this dude... he's done this shit all season. 

Askew may not score but he’s not going to take 12 shots to figure that out.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Well I guess let’s see why we brought beard in next week at the tourney. This loss was shakaesque.

This loss is part and parcel with Chris Beard's career. We didn't hire him because he does well in the conference tournament.