Band of Brothers

MNLonghornFUKM

3 hours ago, kingkoopa6 said:

i thought i seen this

English. Learn to speak it.

Edit: Bad time for a double post but it’s tough when you hit the “Submit” button and you get no feedback from the user interface that your post actually got submitted. (I hope you’re enjoying your vacation, immamac.)

Edited by WhatTheBuck

• 4 months later...
On 5/27/2018 at 5:58 PM, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Edit: before I forget...Captain Spiers is a certified bad ass

On 5/27/2018 at 6:04 PM, TwiceHorn said:

I have never been a big Speirs fanboi.  I read the book(s) first, and he was kind of portrayed as a psycho.

Lewis Nixon is my favorite character after Major Dick.

On 5/27/2018 at 6:33 PM, MNLonghornFUKM said:

well, yeah spiers is a psycho. LOL, does Nixon even fire a gun once?

all the stories were true:

and before I forget. 

20 years ago at 8pm, I watched the premier of episodes 1 and 2 at the age of 27 and I never felt more worthless in my life. 

I had recorded those episodes and rewatched the show again right after, and then I just went to my room and contemplated how those men were 10x the man I was, and 100x more awesome.      I didnt understand how we could have had so many badasses in 1 Regiment.

Having no idea that 2 days later our entire world view would change again.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

and before I forget. 

20 years ago at 8pm, I watched the premier of episodes 1 and 2 at the age of 27 and I never felt more worthless in my life. 

I had recorded those episodes and rewatched the show again right after, and then I just went to my room and contemplated how those men were 10x the man I was, and 100x more awesome.      I didnt understand how we could have had so many badasses in 1 Regiment.

Hard times create hard men. 

and before I forget. 

Well, maybe you’re better than Sobel, Blithe, or the shell-shocked solder digging a fox hole w his hands

6 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Well, maybe you’re better than Sobel, Blithe, or the shell-shocked solder digging a fox hole w his hands

one of the absolute biggest fuckups of that series,  Blithe neither died in '48, nor was overtaken by hysterical blindness.... he was in a mini-trance that happens when the brain cant process huge amounts of emotional thoughts at the same time.   Talking to Winters snapped him out of it. 

Then man ended up doing one of the few combat jumps of the Korean War with the 187th

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Parliament said:

Such a great scene even Jimmy Fallon couldn't ruin it.  They didn't know what they were walking in to, but they knew it was bad.  

"We're paratroopers.  We're supposed to be surrounded."

This is really cool actually.  I knew most of them, but number 1 was a surprise.

https://whatculture.com/tv/10-huge-actors-you-didnt-realise-were-in-band-of-brothers?page=1

Watched ever minute of it this year.  Been a while since I did that, but needed a break from in-laws in town for graduation.  It never gets old.  Incredible what those men did and how Hanks and Spielberg delivered the goods.  Cried like a baby at least three times and thanked God yet again that I was never called to go into combat.  That shit changes you and rarely for the better.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Felix said:

Watched ever minute of it this year.  Been a while since I did that, but needed a break from in-laws in town for graduation.  It never gets old.  Incredible what those men did and how Hanks and Spielberg delivered the goods.  Cried like a baby at least three times and thanked God yet again that I was never called to go into combat.  That shit changes you and rarely for the better.

Caught a few episodes. I missed when Winters was a combat officer, but I got the episode when Speirs did his shit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I liked that part.  Seeing those arrogant Nazi fucks get their comeuppance from General Motors and General Ford warmed my heart.

I've read that after Nomandy, German officers saw even America enlisted men had cigarettes and chocolate (something only officers got in Germany.) When they realized American supply chains were so opulent that even their poors could have luxury goods, they knew America would win World War 2.

• Hook 'Em 1

Started a rewatch Memorial Day Weekend with my wife, but due to kids and work shit we’ve only been able to watch one every couple of days. But, last night we watched Bastogne and The Breaking Point both. I told her we had to, I really can’t watch one without immediately following it up with the other. I need the completion and quasi-happy ending of that arc together. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/3/2023 at 7:41 AM, Parliament said:

I liked that part.  Seeing those arrogant Nazi fucks get their comeuppance from General Motors and General Ford warmed my heart.

I've read that after Nomandy, German officers saw even America enlisted men had cigarettes and chocolate (something only officers got in Germany.) When they realized American supply chains were so opulent that even their poors could have luxury goods, they knew America would win World War 2.

• Hook 'Em 1

I watched it again last weekend. I have no problem splitting up the Bastogne episodes into separate viewings. They do a good job of presenting what a grueling slog it was by stretching it out over two episodes. They could’ve condensed it into one episode but that wouldn’t have done it justice. Still, I don’t mind at all taking a break in the middle. I watched Crossroads and Bastogne on Sunday night and then powered through the final four episodes Monday morning. Things move pretty quickly after The Breaking Point.

I got sucked in watching it today because it's been awhile.  AMC plays the same damn Walking Dead commercials at every break.

I finally recorded it this Memorial Day and am watching an episode every evening with my grown son. We love it.

But the Walking Dead commercials are a beating so we FF thru them.

June 6.   episode 2.  I watched the first 2 episodes when they premiered on Sunday night Sept 9, 2011.   If you know you know.

I know I said it before on this thread somewhere, but for the young uns:

I remember feeling completely fucking inadequate on that Monday having watched 2 hours of those guys getting in shape, preparing for the drop.  Ep 1 gave you a little hint of June 6 by telling you it was June 5 and no drop tonight.  Ep 2 brought the heat.

I called my grandfather (b17/b24 top turret gunner, Africa, Italy) after work that Monday eve to ask if he had watched it (he hadnt).

He confided that if it was like Saving Private Ryan he probably couldnt watch, it would remind him of things he didnt want to talk about. 

I said something stupid, like thanks for surviving and coming home and ended the call.   My shift back then was 10-7p

was awakened by my radio alarm around 9:02 telling me some shit was going down in NYC, turned on the TV either the exact moment of the 2nd hit, or the very first replay of the 2nd hit. To this day, I dont know if I watched it live.  It took the better part of 2-3 days for me understand what it all meant, but HBO reran the first 2 eps again on Thursday night... watched them again, and finally TRUELY understood the full weight of what that night meant to those guys.

I think it deserves another watch tonight.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 5/29/2023 at 12:56 PM, Parliament said:

Such a great scene even Jimmy Fallon couldn't ruin it.  They didn't know what they were walking in to, but they knew it was bad.  

"We're paratroopers.  We're supposed to be surrounded."

not sure who fallon blew to get in this, but he almost ruined the entire show