2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

8 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Horrible appearance by Stanek. Out of the zone at 98 is still out of the zone. Throw strikes or you serve no real purpose. As for Meyers, I'd rather see Dubon out there when a play has to be made. 

He gave up one hit that everyone here thinks should have been an out and a walk that didn't score so I don't get the hate.

Nice work Machete.

Laureano helmet slam.

Kudos to Montero, of course, for executing the pitch, but Maldonado is fucking painting like Bob Ross back there behind the plate.

7 minutes ago, rvm96 said:

He gave up one hit that everyone here thinks should have been an out and a walk that didn't score so I don't get the hate.

Statistically not so bad. I probably just have unrealistic hopes of a guy with that kind of arm reliably slamming the door. 

12 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Willson Contreras (can replace Castro as backup C and DH when Yordan able to play LF)

Garrett Cooper (1B and LF)

Trey Mancini (1B and LF)

Interesting to see if Baltimore deals or not. Elias is a cold blooded numbers dork so not sure how much he will delude himself, but who knows with ownership how committed they are to the plan. 

43 minutes ago, Honeysucklerose said:

Meyers sucks
Matijevic sucks
Odo sucks

Happy all star break.

As much as it pains me to say, not sure Bregman shouldn't be on this list. He's been decent recently, but going into the break at .238 is bad. Not sure he's ever going to be right again. 

55 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

I believe its a wrist injury sustained weeks ago that never improved.

He could very well have a broken hamate bone, and they are fucking around with his surgery. Just have the fucking surgery, get it done, get a bat, and bring him back healthy for the playoffs. My fear is that they rest Alvarez, he still needs surgery in August and is out for the playoffs, while they don't address the very real concerns with their lineup.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I'm not sure I would say Fiers was "MLB average level" but your point still remains. He was definitely able to eat some innings which is what we needed. 

For those two months, he absolutely stepped up.  He didn’t go full “Dumpster Fiers” until September after Keuchel came back and we had Verlander.  Mike Fiers and Brad Peacock absolutely saved the ‘17 season when LMJ and Keuchel went down hard mid-season.   

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1