2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Just now, Wulaw Horn said:

I thought it was a law we couldn’t do a contract longer than 5 years?

glad to see that’s not actually a thing. Now get Tucker done (narrators voice- they aren’t getting Tucker done). 

It's only 3 free agent years.  We've done these type of extensions before, as you know.

Lock up Ted next.

• Hook 'Em 1

Man i am gonna have a raging boner for a week. Yordan is easily my favorite Astros player behind Altuve and there isn't much of a gap for me there. Dude is such a beast. Glad I will get to see him up close and personal through 2028.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Crane, has taken this franchise next level. Two good gm’s, a minor league system pumping out prospects, some damn good scouting. He just needs to be improve $1 hot dog night
what a hell of an owner 

Will never happen. They can figure out analytics and all kinds of shit, but the logistics of selling hot dogs are above their mental capacities
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Scraps said:

Will never happen. They can figure out analytics and all kinds of shit, but the logistics of selling hot dogs are above their mental capacities

bring back the stand behind the Crawford boxes. Mustard and relish pump stations by ALL hot dog stands !!!!!

4 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

That fucking Coke Zero radio ad makes me want to jam a barbecue fork in my ears. I don't understand how a team of well-paid pros can make an ad so stupid.

She pauses speaking before he even cracks the bottle cap off!

there should be a delay *after* that happens.

and don’t get me started on the fucking blue bell commercial this year. I didn’t think it was possible for anything to be worse than last year’s…. But then again, never underestimate the suck of aggy.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, WBT said:

It's only 3 free agent years.  We've done these type of extensions before, as you know.

Lock up Ted next.

You know I love you dawg but what difference does it make. It’s still a 6 year commitment. 
the real reason we did it that way is total money which is all my argument has ever been. Buying out arb years is cheaper than FA. That’s why they did it. They would do a 20 year contract if the number was right. They just are couching it in years when it’s really about total dollars. 
This contract is fantastic for both parties imo. 
astros get a bargain. Yordan mitigates risk of injury and gets generational money. 
So happpy this got done. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

These numbers help illustrate how great a deal this is for the Astros. They might actually be saving money on the 1st 3 years vs what they would have to pay in arbitration. Getting him for 3yr/$78M for his prime FA years seem a bargain. 

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

You know I love you dawg but what difference does it make. It’s still a 6 year commitment. 
the real reason we did it that way is total money which is all my argument has ever been. Buying out arb years is cheaper than FA. That’s why they did it. They would do a 20 year contract if the number was right. They just are couching it in years when it’s really about total dollars. 
This contract is fantastic for both parties imo. 
astros get a bargain. Yordan mitigates risk of injury and gets generational money. 
So happpy this got done. 

It makes a big difference. Because of our philosophy, if we let a player get to free agency, he's gone unless he will agree to a contract no longer than five years. 

And I'm fine with that.