2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 minute ago, cabowabo said:

Who is on deck after him?  At some point, we probably need to have a reliever who can pitch more than one inning. 

I mean we have Brown, Urquidy and Garcia who are all starters. If we keep throwing up zeros this game could go 25 innings without it being a big deal. 

3 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Brown/Garcia/Urquidy/Javier would be what we have left 

Seriously, you look at that and we could go 30 innings today easily. I mean, we can’t put up that many zeros both ways but no team has ever in the history of post season been more prepared to go this deep with quality arms. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Smax said:

Pitchers duel, this game is awesome 

I could buy in on the pitcher's duel concept if Astros hitters weren't bailing out the M's pitching by not making them throw strikes at all.  They aren't batting like the Astros normally do.  They look like the fucking Rangers.

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I think what They are doing here is only going 1 with all the bullpen guys so that we still have a fresh bullpen tomorrow/Monday if it comes to that. I like it. 

Yep. This is a war of attrition and the Mariners don’t have the numbers in the bullpen to outlast.  

1 minute ago, Dutchrudder said:

What happens when we get to the bottom of the 16th?

I mean Hunter Brown. Or Garcia. This is why you have the starters out there at the back of the game so they can give you 5 or 6 in a blowout or marathon. 
those guys aren’t a part of our path to victory tomorrow. You can throw them as long as you want.