2022 MLB thread

shadow_operative2.0

2 hours ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

I sense Birds fans are paying attention again.  Elias came from Houston with his analytics guy and said up front they were going in a completely new direction to rebuild the organization from the bottom up … and they’re doing it with success.

The O’s now have one of the highest rated farm systems in baseball.  They've drafted well and have 4 picks (I believe) in the first two rounds of this year’s draft including 1-1.  So far, Elias has been true to his word.

That’s the same path, obviously, that Houston took while he was there and it worked out for the Astros. Good luck. Liked Baltimore best in that division since Ripken and Hammonds (was a big Stanford fan growing up when he was there) and it’s easy to root against the Yanks and Red Sox. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:
5 hours ago, WBT said:
Devers continues to get dominated this weekend

The Yankees dominate everyone, even when they lose.

Funny thing to post on a night they won 14-1.

3 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

This is getting a little ridiculous with Carp. 

10 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

so back to my usual wonky schedule bitchfest, the dodgers and angels appear to have tomorrow off.  a sunday.  before the all-star break.  an all-star game that's in la.

dodgers play on thursday but the angels don't play until friday, which basically gives them 6 days between games.

none of it affects teams i care about, but what the fuck.  meanwhile the astros and yankees play a double-header on thursday.

I heard the announcer tonight say that this season the Angels have had off days on Memorial Day, 4th of July, and tomorrow.  WTF?

• Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

In today’s game, the same kid made a running backhand stab of a foul ball that would have missed the bullpen bench altogether.  Still, the Rays relievers gave him props for the stop.  He was smiling ear to ear.

Jim Palmer .. TIC .. said the ball boy was out taking grounders early this morning to avoid a repeat misplay.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Jesus, Chris Sale just got completely fucked by a line drive. Looked ugly. Dude can’t catch a break at all anymore.

Aww man that just sucks for him. You never want to see guys get injuries. I am sure Hicks, of all people, can greatly empathize with injuries derailing a season.

On 7/16/2022 at 2:38 PM, Helobious said:

*Sidenote: 5 Yankees to just 1 Astro on the top 100 prospects list right now. Which one of us just buys players and doesn’t draft or develop anyone again? 

to be fair, the yankees typically have much higher draft picks than the astros. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

This is absurd.  STL isn't spending $500M on anyone.  

Why would a team’s willingness to meet Soto’s contract demands determine who the favorite to land him is?  It’s all about what package Washington gets in return. They don’t give a shit if Soto’s happy. 

6 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Why would a team’s willingness to meet Soto’s contract demands determine who the favorite to land him is?  It’s all about what package Washington gets in return. They don’t give a shit if Soto’s happy. 

Is this a serious question?

• Like 1