NBA Playoffs 2022

Vic Mackey

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I'm just never going to love Giannis because of how reckless he plays. Really stupid challenge on a Tatum dunk just now and Tatum fell hard. 

He and Jokic are very obviously 1a and 1b with respect to being the best player in the league, but, man, I still can't trust a dude who can't shoot or reliability make plays off the dribble in today's NBA.

I'm sure he'll win again this year just to make me look like an idiot, but there's always something a little bit off when I watch him...even with as awesome as he is.

10 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

He and Jokic are very obviously 1a and 1b with respect to being the best player in the league, but, man, I still can't trust a dude who can't shoot or reliability make plays off the dribble in today's NBA.

I'm sure he'll win again this year just to make me look like an idiot, but there's always something a little bit off when I watch him...even with as awesome as he is.

It's like watching a high school kid against middle schoolers. The high school kid doesn't have to be that skilled to dominate due to the physical difference. That's Giannis to me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Tatum has been pretty disgustingly bad today. I don't think he's quite at that top tier of players yet. 

I am so fucking sick of hearing Tatum Tatum Tatum. He’s a nice player. He’s great. Fine. Whatever. He bores the shit out of me. I don’t think he’s a top 5 guy. 
Really I guess I just need to stop ever listening to Simmons and Russilo talk about the Celtics. Which is fine because that is boring as shit too. 

1 hour ago, Llogg said:

which call? I didn't think the tip should count.

the call that the foul on Smart was on the floor. it was a textbook foul-on-the-shot. instead of having Smart at the line to tie the game he was at the line shooting two. i have both a financial as well as a rooting interest in Milwaukee, but that was a horrible call, and it wasn't even a difficult call to get right. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I am so fucking sick of hearing Tatum Tatum Tatum. He’s a nice player. He’s great. Fine. Whatever. He bores the shit out of me. I don’t think he’s a top 5 guy. 
Really I guess I just need to stop ever listening to Simmons and Russilo talk about the Celtics. Which is fine because that is boring as shit too. 

this is from a couple of weeks ago:

as easy as it would be to write this off as simply being the opinion of paul pierce's dumb ass, plenty of basketball fans were asking the same thing. i don't know about you, but i can tell you which one i'd rather have as my team's no.1 guy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

The Mavs are basically a quality rim running defensive center and a Cam Johnson like wing away from having a championship caliber roster. Finney and Bullock are great, but if we had one more wing of their defensive quality but more capable of consistently attacking closeouts it would throw us over the top. Maybe if Green had a Finney-Smith like improvement from outside over the next year he'd fill that hole in our roster, but so far choosing him over Saddiq Bey was a major mistake. 

some tall FAs available this summer including the other Lopez and Mo Bamba.  So is Javaaaale McGee!!

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

this is from a couple of weeks ago:

as easy as it would be to write this off as simply being the opinion of paul pierce's dumb ass, plenty of basketball fans were asking the same thing. i don't know about you, but i can tell you which one i'd rather have as my team's no.1 guy. 

I will give JT credit for outplaying Durant in that series but swap KD and Tatum and Brooklyn still gets rolled. I mean in that game 2 where Durant couldn't hit the broad side of a barn he went 18/20 from the FT line and had 27 points. That's sort of the difference between the top 5-6 guys and Tatum - who - to be fair - I'd put right behind.

I mean Tatum went 4/19 for 10 points and chipped in 1 board and 3 dimes today. Giannis, Jokic, Embiid, KD, Luka get fucking crucified if they do that (and probably Ja and Curry too - maybe to a lesser extent). You can't be in the first tier and have games like that. Not in today's NBA. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

Gotta respect Kerr for not overreacting after Game 2 and throwing bodies and traps at Ja. Play him straight up, stay at home on everyone else, let him get his. No one else on their team is a threat to score 20+ unless left wide open.

11 minutes ago, Llogg said:

Really hope Ja's knee is nothing serious.

I mean yeah I love watching him hoop but it probably only matters for entertainment value unless one of the Ws goes down. Memphis doesn't have the horses or experience for this. 

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Hey - chief. This isn't a Warriors thread. I don't think your team is dirty but Kerr is kind of a douche. 

Ok, cool. Then we're in agreement that that video snippet is pretty dumb to use as "evidence" of dirty play.

3 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Ok, cool. Then we're in agreement that that video snippet is pretty dumb to use as "evidence" of dirty play.

I'm just saying you're on your own on this one and this is a very fandom-fluid space. That post doesn't bother me because I'm not a Warriors fan. Just like all of the Ben Simmons shit irritates me more than others because I'm forced to cheer for the Nets. 

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I'm just saying you're on your own on this one and this is a very fandom-fluid space. That post doesn't bother me because I'm not a Warriors fan. Just like all of the Ben Simmons shit irritates me more than others because I'm forced to cheer for the Nets. 

Dude, you know I like your contributions, but, let's face it, if KD didn't get his ass swept out of the playoffs, this thread would be like 58% KD fellatio. So, sorry for posting six whole times during the game, including defending Poole from a video that amounts to a whole lot of nothing. He reached for the ball, caught knee, and immediately released once he realized it. I didn't defend Draymond for obvious reasons, but this is a nothing burger.

Edited by aggie08

8 hours ago, Message Board User said:

Dirty fucking team.

I can't wait for Steve Kerr to defend this and call this a basketball play, regardless if this was the play that Ja got injured.  MJ needs to coldcock him again.

This is a dirty play now? Lmao

Yeah i dont buy it, Memphis. Play better. Sounds like they're still upset that Steve Kerr called out the code breaker.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Dude, you know I like your contributions, but, let's face it, if KD didn't get his ass swept out of the playoffs, this thread would be like 58% KD fellatio. So, sorry for posting six whole times during the game, including defending Poole from a video that amounts to a whole lot of nothing. He reached for the ball, caught knee, and immediately released once he realized it. I didn't defend Draymond for obvious reasons, but this is a nothing burger

Eh. Don't wanna derail this thread. Fuck all y'all you drive me to an early grave.

Edited by ztejas

11 hours ago, ztejas said:

I mean yeah I love watching him hoop but it probably only matters for entertainment value unless one of the Ws goes down. Memphis doesn't have the horses or experience for this. 

I don't care about this series one way or the other, I just hope the most transcendent player of the last 5 - 6 years doesn't get derailed by injuries just as he's  starting to round into a true superstar.

And people need to stop with the knee grab BS. Totally incidental and not at all analogous to the head shot Brooks leveled.

Edited by Llogg
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Sounds like they're still upset that Steve Kerr called out the code breaker.

No doubt they were/are pretty pissed that Kerr went that far based on their comments since. I mean, I get it. They have to have their guys back, and Kerr has little room to stand on when he's made a career of enabling and defending Draymond. Kerr also called Marcus Smart dirty when he injured Steph by having the audacity to dive for a loose ball in a regular season game (*gasp*), so he's not making many friends around the league.

But, yeah, should probably try to channel that anger into better basketball, not trying to besmirch Jordan Poole with this laughable bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Llogg said:

I don't care about this series one way or the other, I just hope the most transcendent player of the last 5 - 6 years doesn't get derailed by injuries just as he's  starting to round into a true superstar.

And people need to stop with the knee grab BS. Totally incidental and not at all analogous to the head shot Brooks leveled.

This.  Ja seems determined to test the limits of how much physical stress his body can withstand every time he takes the floor.  And it’s wonderfully entertaining, but probably not a recipe for longevity.  MJ quit trying to dunk on everyone on every play after a couple of playoff series against the Bad Boys.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Llogg said:

Fuck! Did something happen to Herb Jones?!?! I hope he's OK. 

That Poole thing is a joke. I can't even believe that's a story. In the history of hard playoff fouls and dirty cheap shots, that can't rank in the top 10,000.

And oh BTW, while you are watching replays of him getting handsy with Ja, ignore the fact that Memphis got their head kicked in by 30. They got completely run off the floor. When Wiggins and Porter and Poole have it going on, the Ws are frightening. 

1 hour ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

That Poole thing is a joke. I can't even believe that's a story. In the history of hard playoff fouls and dirty cheap shots, that can't rank in the top 10,000.

And oh BTW, while you are watching replays of him getting handsy with Ja, ignore the fact that Memphis got their head kicked in by 30. They got completely run off the floor. When Wiggins and Porter and Poole have it going on, the Ws are frightening. 

If Steve Kerr had just shut the fuck up, this wouldn't be a story. But, noooooooooo. The guy who trotted Dickhead Undercutter and Sir Fartsniffer Dick-kicker out there had to go on and on about the "code". 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Kermit said:

If Steve Kerr had just shut the fuck up, this wouldn't be a story. But, noooooooooo. The guy who trotted Dickhead Undercutter and Sir Fartsniffer Dick-kicker out there had to go on and on about the "code". 

It's obnoxious too how he keeps bringing it up and talking about how hard GP struggled to get to the big leagues. So did Kawhi you asshole.

I'll always have a soft spot for Steve Kerr, the code enforcer though. Hit some big shots for us and punched MJ in his stupid face for being such an asshole.

Just now, Pam Cummings said:

It's obnoxious too how he keeps bringing it up and talking about how hard GP struggled to get to the big leagues. So did Kawhi you asshole.

I'll always have a soft spot for Steve Kerr, the code enforcer though. Hit some big shots for us and punched MJ in his stupid face for being such an asshole.

Ummm no he didn't. MJ punched him.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1