Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

43 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Well thanks Bowlsby, we appreciate you giving our lawyers, OU's lawyers, and ESPN lawyers so much information and expediting our process to the SEC while greatly reducing our buyout figures.

This was very successful thank you lawmakers of Texas A&M, Baylor, Texas Tech, TCU, and Houston.

You've got to know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
And know when to run
You never count your money
When you're sittin' at the table
There'll be time enough for countin'
When the dealin's done.

Every gambler knows
That the secret to survivin'
Is knowin' what to throw away
And knowin' what to keep
'Cause every hand's a winner
And every hand's a loser
And the best that you can hope for
Is to die in your sleep".
  • Haha 1

Whitmire just destroying this buffoon representing Baylor. the Baylor athletic director.  Baylor totally screwed the pooch here.

Whitmire asked why he's not considering the best interests of other Texas schools - like Houston.

Edited by boilerhorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Right. Houston and SMU alum in the Lege need to be hammering home how Baylor left them behind in 1996 and the state of each program after that. You can always quickly rectify that. 

Amen, and then have Rice come in a say fuck all y’all!  I’m in CUSA all by myself you bastards.

Edited by TKthunder2
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, bullet said:

And with my full time in college being with an 18 year old drinking age, its hard to imagine it any other way.

Failed a few classes due to the drinking age.

5 hours ago, bullet said:

I also managed to miss registering for the draft.

Those were the days!

Same here, damned straight!

Clemson and Florida State may not be Texas and ou, but there is a lot of value in blowing up the ACC if the SEC has grand visions in the long-term. Go to 20 with those two and North Carolina plus Virginia and you force Notre Dame into a decision. Pick off the BIG three to close the door on the rust belt option and Notre Dame has to come. Grab some PAC schools and select a couple more BIGs or ACCs to get to a national conference with four 8 or 9 team divisions.
My guess is that ESPN is less interested in poaching from another all-ESPN conference. If the ACC is as relatively underpaid and locked into such a long contract as discussed pages above, that's a good deal on good content for Mouse. Why blow that up when you can blow up Fox properties in the Big 12, Big 10, or the PAC?
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, C-Man said:

We have given them proper notice. Hell, we said we're willing to stay through 2025.

We didn’t tell them we were talking to the SEC before we sent our notice that we were leaving the GOR.  I assume we are smart and did everything through lawyers so they can’t prove anything.

3 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

Baylor was about to build a new basketball arena…lol 

Well if you can't fill your football stadium without Texas and OU then it's probably best not to build a new basketball arena then too. 

1996 gave Texas every indication of what Baylor would do if given more notice. We weren't about to let them force their way to the next destination we were off to. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

Tuning in and out.  Are these fucking idiots suggesting that the PUF should be used to support a private college?  JFC. 

No mention that they restrict how much Texas can charge for tuition or that our TV money is funding Baylor’s football stadium.  I wonder why they can’t build a basketball stadium now…