Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

13 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Texas as a state is absolutely associated more with the Deep South than people like to admit. We’re basically Alabama with oil money and Mexican food.

The University of Texas as an institution, while it has some southern cultural elements, is generally not a peer of SECSECSEC schools and this gulf will only widen in coming years. Agree we’re not a particularly good culture fit as a school but it’s a no brainier move for revenue and football, which rules the day.

Hard to be upset as a fan if it means annual games with pig, OU, aggy, and LSU though.

You sound like a fucking idiot with this post. Maybe travel some more? Give the Old South at least one drive before stating stupid shit like this? If you’re black, maybe take off your “every white person south of Chicago is the same racist idiot” glasses. Your post reeks of pseudointellectual ignorance. 

8 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

You got assimilated by the Borg my man. How you deal with that - in whatever manner that gives you the most comfort - we good with that.

7be6d1fcde23a295909fb28eda401d2e.jpg

I want to see a parody billboard of the one Aggy put in Gainesville put in College Station by you bastards. Is it too much to ask?

Jesus fucking Christ. And @tbone_ should get a sense of humor and pull the 2 x 4 out of his ass. 

Oh, and yeah, gear up. 

• Hook 'Em 7

On 7/29/2021 at 10:26 PM, GTX Horn said:

That’s how it’ll be remembered but in reality pre-realignment the Big 12 was a solid conference. The 2008 Big 12 South was one of the most competitive conference divisions in college football history. Definitely up there with the best years of the SEC West.

Yep one of the best season and divisions ever.  What happened in that time shows where we were and what  the conference wanted and needed to keep Texas is check.  Remember the pic of the Tech linemen in the game?  Forget Guideon remember how the game was officiated.  And we still could have won except Crabtree Dreamt it in his head.

The selection committee put OU in.  

At that point we should have know where we were and what we needed to do.

only other thing we were winning and forgot Mack was not a champion coach.  We also didn’t know that he was a spoiled child and would screw the university and the fan base after he quit when Colt went down.  To bad it took him 3 years to leave.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

55 minutes ago, Native Texas said:

only other thing we were winning and forgot Mack was not a champion coach.  We also didn’t know that he was a spoiled child and would screw the university and the fan base after he quit when Colt went down.  To bad it took him 3 years to leave.

I'm willing to give credit to Mack for the 2009 Fiesta Bowl that followed, along with some magic from Coach Boom and the defense letting their nuts hang in Glendale.  

I always felt the 2009 Fiesta Bowl of Texas and Ohio State showcased the top two teams that year.  It's the game that should have awarded the crystal trophy.  

Edited by Gravy Train

13 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Meh, College Station today looks no different than Round Rock, Katy, or Keller. 

Yeah my boys & I went to an Express game Friday night & were stunned by the amazing number of fatty boombahs in the crowd.

13 hours ago, BachelorTrek said:

This native Texan ALWAYS insists on his sweet tea.

In the Houston area Shiner Bock was not available in the '70s-- showed up sometime in the '80s. There was only regular Shiner in the stores, now known as "Shiner Premium."

The only thing you got right was beef BBQ.

You must be another youngin'.

I don' t know just had beef ribs and brisket at Cooper's a few days ago. Started with sweet tea when we came out of the heat and then chased it down with a Shiner.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, SwAss said:

Back on topic, is there a timeline or deadline that needs to be met in order for both teams to move to the SEC in 2022? 

Somebody somewhere reported that a source told them things would have to be ironed out by January for the move to happen for 2022.

• Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, Pancho said:

We are not going independent for a few years. 

We are most likely playing a SEC schedule in all sports starting Fall 2022.  The chances of us actually staying in the Big 12 after this year are slim, but your definitely can’t say it’s 0%

Missouri announced they were leaving in November of 2011 and played 2012 in the SEC. Fucking Mizzou 

100% chance we will be playing SEC football in 2022 

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, SwAss said:

Back on topic, is there a timeline or deadline that needs to be met in order for both teams to move to the SEC in 2022? 

Back on topic? This is now like the Urban thread. No more speculation regarding what we are going to do when realignment starts again. We are now officially sitting around shooting the shit waiting for news to break.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Pretty sure it's been confirmed that Lacewell gave the playbook and gameplan to Holtz and left the hotel and event. I've heard that story from the early 80's forward from my father, who played at Rice but loves and cheers for Texas, and knew all of the parties involved and fucking hates Switzer to this day. He also hates Lou Holtz and Ken Hatfield for whatever reasons, I think because of Hatfield's time and failure at Rice, but I digress. 

Hatfield did far better than anyone else at Rice over a 40 year period from the 60s on.

1 hour ago, Reese Bennett said:

Anytime you see one of those academic types trying to describe the regions across North America, Texas always has 3-5 different colors on the map. However, I like this one.

Hey bud, Oklahoma is most definitely the Midwest. I'm a Native Texan  through and through and those guys are completely Midwestern. Nothing wrong  with that. I love me some Midwest, but it

That's pretty got damned accurate.

• Hook 'Em 2

15 hours ago, BachelorTrek said:

This native Texan ALWAYS insists on his sweet tea.

In the Houston area Shiner Bock was not available in the '70s-- showed up sometime in the '80s. There was only regular Shiner in the stores, now known as "Shiner Premium."

The only thing you got right was beef BBQ.

You must be another youngin'.

The Shiner bock reference was for the young ones, especially since I don't really drink Lone Star.  I'm old enough to remember when Coors was new to Texas (think it hit Dallas in the 70s).  And was on the 40 acres when Earl and DKR were still there.

As for the sweet tea, your people must be from East Texas.  Further west, we like it straight or prefer to sweeten it ourselves.  In the Deep South they put a little tea in their sugar bowl and serve it as tea.

4 hours ago, WBT said:

And when I ordered iced tea I didn't have to answer a dumbass followup question.  It's the dismal tide.

If you are in the rest of the SEC country you HAVE to remember to specifically order unsweetened tea.  And 1 out of 5 times they will bring you tea poured in a sugar bowl anyways.  Spent a week in Houston, came back to Georgia and forgot to specify.  First sip was some nasty, nasty stuff.

2 hours ago, 6th Street said:

When I think of Deep South I think of:

Nascar

Obesity

Walmart

toothless hicks

mullets

illiteracy 

That's sad.  It conjures up in my mind pictures like that one of the Ole Miss girls 20 or so pages back.  

23 minutes ago, bullet said:

The Shiner bock reference was for the young ones, especially since I don't really drink Lone Star.  I'm old enough to remember when Coors was new to Texas (think it hit Dallas in the 70s).  And was on the 40 acres when Earl and DKR were still there.

As for the sweet tea, your people must be from East Texas.  Further west, we like it straight or prefer to sweeten it ourselves.  In the Deep South they put a little tea in their sugar bowl and serve it as tea.

When I was in high school my friends and I used to drive to Marble falls to buy it and bring it back to Houston to sell at a profit

28 minutes ago, bullet said:

In Austin in the last 70s, a 12 pack of Pearl beer was about $1.89. Pearl at that time, also had the Beer Cap puzzles. The first few were easy. For some reason, the more you drank the more difficult they became.

image.png.06d5f958d6688b2ad2df23bdd7c1fbf4.png

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

Hmmmm. How much credence should I give to a sb nation “article” penned by someone named Lugnut Dawg?  It’s just a uga fan trying to ruffle bama feathers for fun.