Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

3 hours ago, ABSR said:

So for the first Texas and aggie game the banner should read? ....

"Daddy's Home"

"Now, get your shine box!"

"Thanks!  It would be embarrassing to not be unanimous."

"The Flagship University thanks our agricultural brethren!"

"Don't think of it as a loss, think of it as an SEC victory"

How about a picture instead?

image.thumb.png.4339f461c9a0938782af222ea338e302.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, mdmost said:

My other thought, this is going to make doing pods a lot harder with 18 members. 

Yep it’s not worth the head ache for any less than a blueblood like ND, tOSU/UM/Pedo, or USC, and even then 20 is better for scheduling than 18.

8 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Well why not just take Michigan and Ohio State as well? Maybe USC is interested?

Reports say Ohio State and Penn State are interested but Michigan is not.  USC and Oregon seem to be driving the PAC schools AAU schools towards the B1G which would solidify them permanently as an elite conference and allow them to keep their ideal academically inclined members.

27 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Would make me chuckle if the SEC said "sorry Clemson and FSU but you see we have these gentlemen's agreements not to take other schools from the same state as existing SEC members". 

My other thought, this is going to make doing pods a lot harder with 18 members. 

I have been a good boy this year. But I don't think I've been this good.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Would make me chuckle if the SEC said "sorry Clemson and FSU but you see we have these gentlemen's agreements not to take other schools from the same state as existing SEC members". 

Not if you also add TTU and Okie Light and go to 20, with 5 team pods. Then the 5 team pod for us could be UT, OU, Arky, TTU and OSU. (Sub in aggy for arky if you want to watch mass suicide). That ends any pressure from either the Oklahoma or Texas legislatures. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 4

Clemson and Florida State may not be Texas and ou, but there is a lot of value in blowing up the ACC if the SEC has grand visions in the long-term. Go to 20 with those two and North Carolina plus Virginia and you force Notre Dame into a decision. Pick off the BIG three to close the door on the rust belt option and Notre Dame has to come. Grab some PAC schools and select a couple more BIGs or ACCs to get to a national conference with four 8 or 9 team divisions.

8 minutes ago, Manther said:

Not if you also add TTU and Okie Light and go to 20, with 5 team pods. Then the 5 team pod for us could be UT, OU, Arky, TTU and OSU. (Sub in aggy for arky if you want to watch mass suicide). That ends any pressure from either the Oklahoma or Texas legislatures. 

And just to be clear, in case you missed it or didn’t understand the first time, FUCK NO. 

Now get out of here with that shit. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Pig Bellmont said:

I’m guessing it’s a wait and see thing. KU or any school worth anything is looking to bolt ASAP and the conference may crumble without the need to pay any buy outs. 

No insight.  But I'm guessing both sides do nothing for a few weeks to see if the other reaches out first, all the while paying lawyers to work on things.

Then somebody on the UT or OU board of regents talks to friends on other boards and eventually the two sides lawyers start talking.

10 minutes ago, Manther said:

DismalEdibleDoe-size_restricted.gif

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Well with 18, you have 8 division games so it makes it a lot harder to keep non-pod rivalries.

9 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

Clemson and Florida State may not be Texas and ou, but there is a lot of value in blowing up the ACC if the SEC has grand visions in the long-term. Go to 20 with those two and North Carolina plus Virginia and you force Notre Dame into a decision. Pick off the BIG three to close the door on the rust belt option and Notre Dame has to come. Grab some PAC schools and select a couple more BIGs or ACCs to get to a national conference with four 8 or 9 team divisions.

Reportedly UNC/Duke/UVA don’t want the SEC due to academics.  You poach FSU/Clemson and you may be pushing them to the B1G.  You let the ACC live for now and once the B1G expands to the West then you poach.

• Hook 'Em 1

My theory is that the SEC will wait until TX and OU finalize their conference dates and get the B12 stuff behind them before moving again. The last thing you want to do is get federal regulators involved and gum up the immediate revenue boost that TX/OU gives them. 

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

My theory is that the SEC will wait until TX and OU finalize their conference dates and get the B12 stuff behind them before moving again. The last thing you want to do is get federal regulators involved and gum up the immediate revenue boost that TX/OU gives them. 

That's what I'm thinking.  They don't want to be fighting a war on two fronts that would bog things down, but Clemson and FSU are perfect fits for the SEC.  Then later on, poach NC ST and VA Tech and get to 20 with a true, full southeast footprint and undercut the ACC for network viewership.  

Edited by SwAss
  • Fuck You 2

4 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

They're discussing recruiting rankings. This is full on silly season. 

Fix ERCOT and shut the f*** up. 

I'd totally + rep you if I could, this is spot on on what needed to happen in that meeting.  

• Fuck You 2

3 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

Did Senator Perry just say, people didn’t want to join the Big12 because of the Longhorn Network?

Yeah 18 teams submitted a request to join, was vetted and interviewed but then said, "Oh shit, nevermind!  Didn't know about the LHN."

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, TKthunder2 said:

“They were lying about having to do it now, there is no reason to give notice now we won’t renewed the agreement until 6-9 months out from 2025.”

“They have a 2 year penalty for leaving.”

No reason at all…

Is he saying Texas and OU were lying? Who is the “they” in that statement?