Britney Griner

Baboontyme

1 hour ago, royiv said:

You do know that non citizens convicted of an aggravated felony don't just get put back on the street when they're released from prison, right? As a matter of practice an immigration hold is placed upon conviction and those felons are deported upon release. Please tell me you knew this. 

No, @MNLonghornFUKM is a fucking idiot who doesn’t understand how anything works.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, immamac said:

We probably wouldn't get 9 years and be paraded around like a fucking trophy. We would probably have to pay an insane fine or bribe someone to get out using lawyers.

You and I also (as far as I know) have no affiliation to the US Government and have no pull with the American people if we were held hostage. They would definitely make it a really fucking shit thing, and it would probably cost a bunch of money, but in the end it would likely only be money and a plea deal and being banned from Russia forever or something. 

This is evidenced by the thousands of other marijuana related cases and the basically decriminalized status of possessions in small amounts in Russia. 

Sorry but this is complete bullshit. This guy got 14 years for basically the same thing, and we left his ass in prison as well.

https://www.wtae.com/article/marc-fogel-remains-imprisoned-in-russia/42189259

She fucked up, and the political pressure on Biden to get her released was precisely because she is a celeb athlete. I've said it before, 10 years in prison for weed is stupid. Going to Russia with weed in your luggage is fucking insanity. I would have let her rot until we got all three prisoners back. She moved to the front of the line, and regular american citizens didn't. She's no hero, she's a dumbass that got bailed out because she's a celeb. 

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 4

17 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Sorry but this is complete bullshit. This guy got 14 years for basically the same thing, and we left his ass in prison as well.

https://www.wtae.com/article/marc-fogel-remains-imprisoned-in-russia/42189259

She fucked up, and the political pressure on Biden to get her released was precisely because she is a celeb athlete. I've said it before, 10 years in prison for weed is stupid. Going to Russia with weed in your luggage is fucking insanity. I would have let her rot until we got all three prisoners back. She moved to the front of the line, and regular american citizens didn't. She's no hero, she's a dumbass that got bailed out because she's a celeb. 

Yeah that's the other who was a US diplomat. You must have a reading comprehension problem.