Britney Griner

Baboontyme

• 6 months later...

Anyone seen the full video?  Only thing I've seen is some jackass yelling at her.  Not within range to touch her and there was what appeared to be security between the jackass and BG.  Not exactly headline news unless you are ESPN ignoring the CWS. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:

https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/37832325/brittney-griner-mercury-confronted-dallas-airport

Lulz  Blaze Media.

But WTF WNBA? Your teams fly commercial and walk through the concourse like us plebeians?

Ice Cube Friday Movie GIF

3 hours ago, MIkeHoncho said:

Anyone seen the full video?  Only thing I've seen is some jackass yelling at her.  Not within range to touch her and there was what appeared to be security between the jackass and BG.  Not exactly headline news unless you are ESPN ignoring the CWS. 

Gotta stir something up. Even in a league no one gives two shits about, women or men.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/29/2024 at 4:53 PM, smwhorn said:

Someone needs to explain to me why she chose to attend Baylor given that, you know, its Baptist affiliation and position on ho-MO-sex-u-al-i-teee dated back to 1840-something. 

https://19thnews.org/2024/02/brittney-griner-baylor-jersey-retirement/

11 hours ago, Reality Check said:

Someone needs to explain to me why she chose to attend Baylor given that, you know, its Baptist affiliation and position on ho-MO-sex-u-al-i-teee dated back to 1840-something. 

Hommasekshuls are rampant in WBB, even at rapelor, but they get supported/ignored because they bring/brought NCs. And Mulkey. 

Two more great examples of Baylor babtis hypocrisy. 

11 hours ago, Reality Check said:

It’s obvious KM didn’t care about her student athletes since she recruited homosexual players to Baylor and then told them to hide it. 

• 3 months later...
On 6/8/2024 at 9:55 PM, definitely not derka said:

the comments are…predictable. but still. this is a strange video and i’m not sure what to make of it.

There's nothing to make of it. She's a 6'9" extremely flat-chested, extremely athletic woman who knows how to play basketball like a motherfucker.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

There's nothing to make of it. She's a 6'9" extremely flat-chested, extremely athletic woman who knows how to play basketball like a motherfucker.  

The faux conservative outrage and conspiracy theories because a female athlete has....checks notes...small breasts....is pretty funny.

Have they never seen a female athlete before?!?!?!?!?!

Posted (edited)

yeah you guys are right, female athletes always post completely topless videos on social media all of the time, this is totally normal.

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe91ipepmxdrse3gfqgp7a

“faux conservative outrage”. lol yep that’s me, mr.conservative over here. also, who here is outraged? or even mad for that matter? you’re literally performing your own faux outrage as you accuse others of it. that’s rich.

Edited by definitely not derka

Posted (edited)

Don't start this shit again, dude. Click that ignore button.

Britney didn't post the video to social media, for one. Someone else did.

The replies to the Twitter link you posted are FULL of faux conservative outrage, for two.

Edited by MotownHorn

Posted (edited)

well first off i addressed the twitter replies when i made the post. second it’s still a very strange and unprecedented social media post. i mean your entire take on this is that brittany griner is a completely normal female athlete doing completely normal things. except that posting topless videos to social media is not normal, and if we truly do want to say that BG is simply a typical female athlete then she should be held to the same standard as a typical female athlete. do you think that serena williams, michelle wie, or danica patrick could appear on social media just casually hanging out topless without anybody noticing or commenting on it? without brands and advertisers having something to say? you really believe this is just a normal, mundane video that doesn’t merit any attention or discussion? i find that hard to believe. 

26 minutes ago, definitely not derka said:

well first off i addressed the twitter replies when i made the post. second it’s still a very strange and unprecedented social media post. i mean your entire take on this is that brittany griner is a completely normal female athlete doing completely normal things. except that posting topless videos to social media is not normal, and if we truly do want to say that BG is simply a typical female athlete then she should be held to the same standard as a typical female athlete. do you think that serena williams, michelle wie, or danica patrick could appear on social media just casually hanging out topless without anybody noticing or commenting on it? without brands and advertisers having something to say? you really believe this is just a normal, mundane video that doesn’t merit any attention or discussion? i find that hard to believe. 

I would be very gruntled if any of those other ladies did this. 

34 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Why are we doing this? Honestly, why does anyone actually care?

for me? curiosity and a desire to understand. the same way that i was perplexed when i recently found out that there is a transgender man currently playing in the nba, i again find myself confused and not understanding “the rules” as it were. when i see an extremely famous female athlete just waltzing around completely topless, my initial reaction is, “all i’ve been told is that these people want and deserve to be treated equally to any other normal person. so why is it ok for a man to be in the wnba? why is it just a non story to have one of the most famous female athletes in the country/world to just be walking around topless when that would be a huge story if it were any other female athlete?” that doesn’t feel like equality to me, it feels like special treatment.

now, do i particularly care that griner put a topless video online, or that there is a trans man playing in the wnba? personally, no. however, both of these situations seem to fly in the face of the whole, “we (trans people, women, gay women, black women, wnba players, whatever) just want equal rights/respect/pay.” when you’re a pioneer for equal rights you can’t be getting or demanding special treatment. that’s abusing the system and bastardizing your own cause. i’m not outraged or upset, i’m just trying to understand. it just seems to me that a lot of these wnba players (and other female athletes) don’t actually want the equality they espouse, but rather carte blanche to just do or say whatever they want without the consequences or scrutiny of the “regular” people who ghey supposedly want to be treated like.

10 hours ago, definitely not derka said:

for me? curiosity and a desire to understand.

10 hours ago, definitely not derka said:

now, do i particularly care...personally, no

Think Tim Robinson GIF by NETFLIX

15 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Why are we doing this? Honestly, why does anyone actually care?

No intellectually honest person cares about a meaningless video clip that signifies nothing.  But there are folk that will use any excuse they can find to draw attention to themselves. The excuse is irrelevant as long as you pay attention to the squawking. Some might call it disingenuous. Don't fall for the con.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:

No intellectually honest person cares about a meaningless video clip

why is it meaningless? what if that was caitlin clark, elena della donne, or skylar diggins in that video? would it be meaningless then? of course not. so why does the fact that it’s BG render it meaningless? 

Posted (edited)

also, no intellectually honest person could ever believe, much less perpetuate the idea that i want to draw attention to myself. if i did then i wouldn’t spend all of my time in niche threads on niche forums, talking about what myck kabongo is up to these days, or opining on the potential signing of benjamin sesko to arsenal, or- wait for it- talking about the wnba. i mean i don’t even step foot on the football board or CR, all the threads i post in get very little traffic, and none of my posts are incendiary or shit-talking. but yeah, i’m just dying for attention over here in the giant spotlight that is brittany griner thread. yeah, thats the ticket.

2 minutes ago, definitely not derka said:

why is it meaningless? what if that was caitlin clark, elena della donne, or skylar wiggins in that video? would it be meaningless then? of course not. so why does the fact that it’s BG render it meaningless? 

As usual, your comprehension is lacking. BG does not "render" the video meaningless. The video is meaningless as it has no purpose or reason other than alleviating boredom on a summer day. Yes, a video clip of any of those you mention throwing a ball while lounging around a pool would be meaningless. I'd wager not a single thing posted by any NBA or WNBA player in the last decade has any meaning to anyone outside the snowflake circus. You often confuse opinion with fact so perhaps you are unsure about the definition of meaningful. If it's the topless part that has your Victorian panties all bunched, grow up. Your allegiance to a puritan mindset is your albatross, not hers, and only the clowns are honking.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/8/2024 at 9:55 PM, definitely not derka said:

the comments are…predictable. but still. this is a strange video and i’m not sure what to make of it.

Take a gander at that persons account and the other shit they have posted and then ask yourself if you really want to be associated with it

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, definitely not derka said:

also, no intellectually honest person could ever believe, much less perpetuate the idea that i want to draw attention to myself.

My God, you are an astounding specimen of delusion.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Take a gander at that persons account and the other shit they have posted and then ask yourself if you really want to be associated with it

When a tin foil hat is not enough.......

tin foil hat.jpg

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, definitely not derka said:

if they were topless? 

Are you not aware the video is from last year and nobody gives a shit but you and professional concern trolls? That's the very definition of meaningless.

But congrats on regurgitating stale right wing agitprop to proclaim your purity virtue for all to observe.  No grab for attention here, just another honk from the board clown.

• Hook 'Em 2

37 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

You don’t think John Cena participated in an Illuminati humiliation ritual at the Oscar’s?!?!?

58 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

But congrats on regurgitating stale right wing agitprop to proclaim your purity virtue for all to observe.

lol what are you even talking about? 

2 hours ago, definitely not derka said:

lol what are you even talking about? 

Lol indeed. MK already pointed you to the water, refuse to drink if you must.

What is your motivation and purpose in posting a 10 month old video? Articulate your point. Puritanism? Sexism? Homophobia? Transphobia? All are inclusive in the faux outrage of the righteous brigade. You appear to be offended for her being topless at a private residence. Is that the only thing about it that upsets your delicate nature?

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)

i like how you’re just losing your shit over god knows what while calling me delicate, lol. i haven’t acted upset or offended by anything, and haven’t criticized or insulted anyone. you on the other hand… have fun charging at them windmills bro. 👌🏻 

On 6/12/2024 at 10:57 PM, definitely not derka said:

for me? curiosity and a desire to understand. the same way that i was perplexed when i recently found out that there is a transgender man currently playing in the nba

wait. what?

there's a transgender man playing in the NBA?!?!?!? Who in the what now?!?!?!?

2 hours ago, MotownHorn said:

wait. what?

there's a transgender man playing in the NBA?!?!?!? Who in the what now?!?!?!?

FtM but yes.  Laysha Clarendon came out as trans a few yrs back.

6 hours ago, MotownHorn said:

Looks like they play in the WNBA, not the NBA. Hence my confusion. 

LOL, my fault.   I didnt even notice you said NBA not the W 

• Hook 'Em 1