2022 NCAA Tournament Thread

TrashMaster G

35 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Glad WVU flamed out, fuck their whiny players and Davis especially 

Yeah, they come off as douchebags, and I'm not sorry they missed the tournament.  Which, by the way, is the total opposite of OSU guys.  Even Doersching doesn't seem to be 1/100th of the asshole you think he'd be by looking at him.

• Hook 'Em 2

27 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

Yeah, they come off as douchebags, and I'm not sorry they missed the tournament.  Which, by the way, is the total opposite of OSU guys.  Even Doersching doesn't seem to be 1/100th of the asshole you think he'd be by looking at him.

Must be the couch fumes.  For awhile there they were leading the conference but karma woke up

3 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Eh.  Record in last 15 is not something that's supposed to be used by the committee.  The committee head specifically mentioned NC State's non-conference SOS (#181).  Arkansas got a 2-seed with worse RPI (41 vs 32) and a worse ncf  SOS (256).  He also talked about how NC State only won 4 of their conference series -- you know who else only won 4 of their conference series?  #10 overall seed UNC.  Georgia, Ole Miss, and Wake also only won 4 of their conference series.

I'd be pissed at the committee if I were a Wolfpack fan.  Not as pissed as I would have been last year at them for not getting vaxxed, but still pissed.

SECSECSEC

52 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Getting tickets to the Chapel Hill regional when they go on sale. Selfishly hoping UT has to go to ECU for the Super so I can watch in person. And my Lions got a 3 seed! 

Pretty excited about how this all worked out.

Yale is better 

4 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Good lord many of you young whipper snappers do not understand how this works….

Hansen will pitch game one against Air Force and Gordon will pitch the second game regardless of who it is.

You would be an idiot to think otherwise but go ahead morons.

Considering Pierce has pitched his #2 in game 1 in every tournament appearance he’s had at Texas, I think moron is a strong word.

With that being said, Air Force has a true ace who they will be throwing against us and we only have 2 real starters on the entire staff unlike any of his previous seasons, so there is a chance he changes his approach this year.

Edited by Hookem2147

aggy vs Oral Roberts is one of the most intriguing opening games. Oral Roberts has a legitimate Friday night guy in Ledgend Smith and they also have one of the best relievers in the country in Cade Denton (0.44 ERA in 40.2 innings pitched). 

aggy better throw their ace or Oral Roberts can definitely win this game. 

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

aggy vs Oral Roberts is one of the most intriguing opening games. Oral Roberts has a legitimate Friday night guy in Ledgend Smith and they also have one of the best relievers in the country in Cade Denton (0.44 ERA in 40.2 innings pitched). 

aggy better throw their ace or Oral Roberts can definitely win this game. 

His name is Ledgend?  Ok, I hate him.

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

WP% Avg. RPI Avg. RPI of Top 3
Tennessee 70% 68.5 27
GA So 64.60% 40.75 23
Texas 63% 44.5 23.67
ECU 63.30% 86.5 20.67
TAMU 65.60% 53.5 37
Louisville 62% 42.75 35.67
Florida 65.80% 33.25 20.67
Virginia Tech 66.12% 57 28.67
Stanford 70% 72 24.33
Maryland 73.40% 48.5 19.33
UNC 64.40% 50 26.67
OK State 64% 48.5 33.67
Miami 61.40% 65.25 30.67
Southern Miss 63.40% 58.75 29.3
Auburn 59.70% 49 30.3
Oregon State 61.80% 71.25 18.67

Texas 4th easiest in terms of overall winning percentage
Texas 4th hardest in terms of average RPI
Texas 6th hardest in terms of average RPI of the top 3 teams

It's certainly not the cakewalk that a few posters are pumping it as. 

Edited by Js1
  • Drool 1

This is why raw RPI numbers are not always the best way to evaluate teams. The only reason DBU made the tournament is because they played the #1 nonconference schedule. 

They haven't been a good team in 3 months but they made a regional because they lost a lot of games to really good teams in nonconference. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

22 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

RPI is heavily skewed because DBU played a  tough nonconference schedule. 

Since April, DBU Is 18-14-1 in a lower tier conference. DBU is nowhere close to being the #23 team in the country right now according to RPI. 

19 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

This is why raw RPI numbers are not always the best way to evaluate teams. The only reason DBU made the tournament is because they played the #1 nonconference schedule. 

They haven't been a good team in 3 months but they made a regional because they lost a lot of games to really good teams in nonconference. 

I'm not going to argue with you.  The numbers are the numbers and I posted them, add your own commentary if you want and debate yourself if that suits you.

26 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I'm not going to argue with you.  The numbers are the numbers and I posted them, add your own commentary if you want and debate yourself if that suits you.

Oh, I'm not hating because I get the numbers are numbers. Just saying DBU's RPI is heavily skewed because they played a tough nonconference schedule. 

If you look at most of the metrics there probably isn't a top 35 team in this regional. Here's Massey that lists all the other ranking systems. https://masseyratings.com/cbase/compare.htm

Boyd's ISR (which is heavily used) has it as Louisiana Tech #40, Dallas Baptist #44, Air Force #107. This is a very soft regional. The Knoxville regional is probably the only weaker regional. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

5 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Texas got a brutal draw, they’ll be lucky to make it out of their regional.

From aggy poster on secrant,

Same as it ever was.

They say we got a hard draw, we say its an easy draw.  We say they got a hard draw, they say its an easy draw.

The truth for both lays somewhere in the middle. 

Most aggys on Texags are saying it was an easy draw so that's how you know it's an easy draw lol. 

Also, W is 100% right in reference to the Texas draw. 

Spoiler

the sips got a fairly easy road to Omaha.

only 1 power conference team (Virginia) is in their path.

it is always better to play mid-majors -- they can put together 1 great weekend of baseball, but usually not 2.

by contrast...the Ags have 3 power conference teams in their path: TCU, Oregon, and Louisville

Oregon State has 4 power conference teams: Vandy, Auburn, UCLA, and FSU. The Beavers got a really tough road

https://texags.com/forums/8/topics/3292243

Edited by Rickylovesweed

7 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Same as it ever was.

They say we got a hard draw, we say its an easy draw.  We say they got a hard draw, they say its an easy draw.

The truth for both lays somewhere in the middle. 

The larger point is... Don't trust anything aggy says.  They are typically ignorant or full of crap or some combination of both.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Oh, I'm not hating because I get the numbers are numbers. Just saying DBU's RPI is heavily skewed because they played a tough nonconference schedule. 

If you look at most of the metrics there probably isn't a top 35 team in this regional. Here's Massey that lists all the other ranking systems. https://masseyratings.com/cbase/compare.htm

Boyd's ISR (which is heavily used) has it as Louisiana Tech #40, Dallas Baptist #44, Air Force #107. This is a very soft regional. The Knoxville regional is probably the only weaker regional. 

Not arguing per say but dbu isn’t shabby by any means. 
bet tcu twice. Won a series against Maryland, beat ou. Beat osu, beat Louisiana tech.  
that’s a fairly salty team  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eugene11 said:

bet tcu twice. Won a series against Maryland, beat ou. Beat osu, beat Louisiana tech.  

They were a much better team at the beginning of the year. 18-14-1 to finish the season against a soft schedule. 

They looked flat out horrendous in their conference tournament and the last series of the season against Indiana State. Dallas Baptist is a team with upside but they've been bad going on 3 months now. 

1 hour ago, Eugene11 said:

That *WAS* a fairly salty team.  That team is dead and gone, replaced by one that lost 21-2 to Evansville in their conference tournament elimination game.

• Like 1

In the last 6 games for DBU

6-10 L vs Indiana State

10-11 L vs Indiana State

2-2 Tie vs Indiana State

4-3 W vs Bradley

2-21 L vs Evansville

5-7 L vs Southern Illinois 

I guess teams can flip the switch but this team has been awful recently. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

12 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Wait so the committee decided it was best that the Austin regional contained two pairs of teams (Texas and afa, dbu and LT) that have already played each other this year?  I guess that can’t be helped sometimes when regionals are supposed to be…regional. 

Well they also decided to give aggy a national seed with the lowest RPI of the hosts, so....

8 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Well they also decided to give aggy a national seed with the lowest RPI of the hosts, so....

I believe that was done intentionally as a makeup for the greatest crime ever committed -- leaving aggy out of the March Madness field.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

I believe that was done intentionally as a makeup for the greatest crime ever committed -- leaving aggy out of the March Madness field.

ha. Saban made a phone call and said to throw the poor fuckers a bone.