The University of Texas @ Omaha, Session #38 Official Thread

TrashMaster G

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

This is stupid. They’ve hit the ball well. Couple foul home runs, several very hard hit outs.  This isn’t billiards, you don’t get to aim. 

you keep the moral victories; 0 XBH in 29 ABs tonight and 8 baserunners in 8 IP for a team that had the 4th highest slugging % in baseball this year is an underwhelming feat

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

As wulaw says, history favors us.  I don't feel good about it, at all.  Didn't feel good about OU, either.

No lie I’m nervous as hell losing to A&M can definitely be a double whammy for us!! 

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

Then don’t watch. Who wouldn’t be confident about facing aggy in any sort of pressure situation. God damn the bitchassedness is stronger than usual

Seems like the over confidence came back and bit us here jim

• Haha 1

Just now, Bodowned said:

you keep the moral victories; 0 XBH in 29 ABs tonight and 8 baserunners in 8 IP for a team that had the 4th highest slugging % in baseball this year is an underwhelming feat

It's not just that.  We've had waaaaaaaaay too many uncompetitive ABs where we swung at shit instead of waiting for the right pitch.  

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

It's not just that.  We've had waaaaaaaaay too many uncompetitive ABs where we swung at shit instead of waiting for the right pitch.  

I think it's more that we've had some really badly timed uncompetitive abs. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Dahobbs said:

Yeah, we haven't played well. But we've had a lot of bad breaks. 

Yup.

The entire first half of this thread is about them not hitting the ball hard but still getting hits against Pete. Baseball happens. 

They were better tonight. It’s the CWS. Everyone is good.

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

As wulaw says, history favors us.  I don't feel good about it, at all.  Didn't feel good about OU, either.

Remember 27-25 for eternal scoreboard. Usually I’m worried about shit like that but then I realized they are Charlie Brown and we are Lucy. Same hope for Sunday. 

1 minute ago, Dahobbs said:

I think it's more that we've had some really badly timely uncompetitive abs. 

Yep. That’s exactly it. 

1 minute ago, D3zii said:

Seems like the over confidence came back and bit us here jim

Seems like this isn’t aggy.

And it’s not over confidence that lost here. We lost a baseball game to a team that had the better pitcher tonight and got some timely hitting and beaks.