Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

13 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

It wasn’t a PR bond. It was lowered to 30 grand after this piece of shit was arrested for capitol murder. That’s Harris county for you. 

Neither of them had a 30K bond. Please explain why you said "PR bonds" and I said "Can't get personal bonds (much less PR bonds) for violent offense" and you responded "Bullshit" and linked a story where the people charged with violent offenses did not, in fact, get either personal or PR bonds. 

"These guys eat pizza seven nights a week!"
"That's not true, we only eat pizza on Wednesdays"
"Bullshit! Here's a picture of you eating a hamburger"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Don't you mean cereal killer?  

I'm not quoting you because your stupidity might rub off on me.   C'mon man, you're up your high horse about "out on bond" and you don't understand the nuances of the types, and that's fine, CrimPro was one of the few law school classes I got a good grade in.  But you can't go on about Capital Murder and misspell "Capital."  We all make typos on here, but when it's the main fucking word in the whole point of your story, you gotta stick the landing.  

The point was that Harris County has turnstiles for jails. The focus on the type of bond and spelling are understandable deflections, as arguing for more leniency for these felons is a tough sell. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

7 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

Neither of them had a 30K bond. Please explain why you said "PR bonds" and I said "Can't get personal bonds (much less PR bonds) for violent offense" and you responded "Bullshit" and linked a story where the people charged with violent offenses did not, in fact, get either personal or PR bonds. 

"These guys eat pizza seven nights a week!"
"That's not true, we only eat pizza on Wednesdays"
"Bullshit! Here's a picture of you eating a hamburger"

“Womack’s bond was set at $30,000.” Did you even read the article? My issue with the article isn’t the type of bond, it’s how easy it is to get out and murder again. 

• Fuck You 2

5 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

The point was that Harris County has turnstiles for jails. The focus on the type of bond and spelling are understandable deflections, as arguing for more leniency for these felons is a tough sell. 

Who exactly was it that brought a focus on specific types of bond into this thread? Who was that who started spouting shit about things he literally does not understand? Who is it that has no idea when or if a person can be denied bond? Look in the fucking mirror dude.

Also, is it your contention that "having money" is a valid predictor on if someone will commit a violent offense, or no? Why don't you go watch The Jinx and get back to the adults on that one too. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Show me any post anywhere on this site where I argue for more leniency for "these felons."  We're more in alignment on criminal justice reform than you'd think sir.  Difference is I went to law school and learned critical thinking.  You get your "critical thinking" from the same group of half-tards on one network.  I used to watch that garbage, too.  Good news is, like most shitty things in life...you take a break for a month, the brain can rewire itself and function properly once again.  It's a beautiful thing.  

3 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Except the actual bond for these actual bad guys -- who you yourself just cited as an example -- is not a deflection, it's literally the topic of discussion you raised.  Harris County's bail/bond system was found expressly unconstitutional.  It had to be reformed.

But let's say you're right....and that we should DO SOMETHING about felony bond requirements.  Good news! Senator Bettancourt has proposed legislation that would require a minimum bond of $10k for someone charged with multiple felonies!  So, in this case, that would have done.....absolutely nothing, as both men had a $75k bond, which is actually a pretty steep number.

So, a high bond amount isn't enough.  You are proposing....what, no bond?  An approach that the federal courts (not exactly dens of wimpy libtards) have found unconsitutional?  I know you've been told that you have a new boogeyman to blame for everything criminals do......but some percentage of people out on bond have then gone on to commit a crime for a long, long, long time. Like, as long as bonds have existed.  It happens.  And always has.  It happens in "super conservative tough on crime!" jurisdictions, and always has.  You're only making yourself look worse with each post.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

“Womack’s bond was set at $30,000.” Did you even read the article? My issue with the article isn’t the type of bond, it’s how easy it is to get out and murder again. 

This is what the article ACTUALLY says "Womack's bond for the 2021 murder charge was set at $35,000."

That isn't $30k. Also you said it was LOWERED to 30k, and this says SET AT 35k. So other than the actual action, type of bond, and amount set, you fuckin nailed it brah.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

This is what the article ACTUALLY says "Womack's bond for the 2021 murder charge was set at $35,000."

That isn't $30k. Also you said it was LOWERED to 30k, and this says SET AT 35k. So other than the actual action, type of bond, and amount set, you fuckin nailed it brah.

Did Poe at least get the terms right?   No.

Did Poe at least get the legal argument right?  No.

Did Poe at least get the social policy right?  No.

Did Poe at least get the numbers right?  No.

Did Poe at least get the spelling right?  No.

Did Poe at least have a compelling prose rich with nuance and description?  No.

He's totally gonna be Trump's Atty. General, isn't he?  Yep.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

Who exactly was it that brought a focus on specific types of bond into this thread? Who was that who started spouting shit about things he literally does not understand? Who is it that has no idea when or if a person can be denied bond? Look in the fucking mirror dude.

Also, is it your contention that "having money" is a valid predictor on if someone will commit a violent offense, or no? Why don't you go watch The Jinx and get back to the adults on that one too. 

I get accused of looking in the mirror far too much already. As to your second point: setting higher bail is definitely the way to go. 35 for a murder? Way to go judge. 

YGIFS, I have no idea what you did or didn’t argue. Between the 15 people I’m talking to and the 3 day suspension for, well I’m still trying to find out, it’s all running together. Still, Fox news isn’t on my radar. ABC 13 is more local and full of murderers out on bond. It’s fascinating. 

4 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Show me any post anywhere on this site where I argue for more leniency for "these felons."  We're more in alignment on criminal justice reform than you'd think sir.  Difference is I went to law school and learned critical thinking.  You get your "critical thinking" from the same group of half-tards on one network.  I used to watch that garbage, too.  Good news is, like most shitty things in life...you take a break for a month, the brain can rewire itself and function properly once again.  It's a beautiful thin

• Fuck You 1

Just now, Poe It Up said:

I get accused of looking in the mirror far too much already. As to your second point: setting higher bail is definitely the way to go. 35 for a murder? Way to go judge. 

YGIFS, I have no idea what you did or didn’t argue. Between the 15 people I’m talking to and the 3 day suspension for, well I’m still trying to find out, it’s all running together. Still, Fox news isn’t on my radar. ABC 13 is more local and full of murderers out on bond. It’s fascinating. 

So the leader of a drug gang who is charged with murder and can easily post cash for his bail is safe to be on the streets because he has money? In fact, bond conditions such as GPS monitoring are much more likely deterrents of future criminal activity. Did they work in this specific case? No. Does that mean they never work or shouldn't be implemented? Also no. Nothing works 100% of the time beyond locking up every single person accused of a crime until their trial which might be years into the future. 

2 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Between the 15 people I’m talking to and the 3 day suspension for, well I’m still trying to find out, it’s all running together. Still, Fox news isn’t on my radar. ABC 13 is more local and full of murderers out on bond. It’s fascinating. 

You could always ask @immamac

21 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Except the actual bond for these actual bad guys -- who you yourself just cited as an example -- is not a deflection, it's literally the topic of discussion you raised.  Harris County's bail/bond system was found expressly unconstitutional.  It had to be reformed.

But let's say you're right....and that we should DO SOMETHING about felony bond requirements.  Good news! Senator Bettancourt has proposed legislation that would require a minimum bond of $10k for someone charged with multiple felonies!  So, in this case, that would have done.....absolutely nothing, as both men had a $75k bond, which is actually a pretty steep number.

So, a high bond amount isn't enough.  You are proposing....what, no bond?  An approach that the federal courts (not exactly dens of wimpy libtards) have found unconsitutional?  I know you've been told that you have a new boogeyman to blame for everything criminals do......but some percentage of people out on bond have then gone on to commit a crime for a long, long, long time. Like, as long as bonds have existed.  It happens.  And always has.  It happens in "super conservative tough on crime!" jurisdictions, and always has.  You're only making yourself look worse with each post.

Well, I am right. Harris county is fucked. Womack’s was set at 35 until he predictably screwed that up and then it went to 75…. On a murder charge. With judges like that, who needs enemies. 

• Fuck You 1

9 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

So the leader of a drug gang who is charged with murder and can easily post cash for his bail is safe to be on the streets because he has money? In fact, bond conditions such as GPS monitoring are much more likely deterrents of future criminal activity. Did they work in this specific case? No. Does that mean they never work or shouldn't be implemented? Also no. Nothing works 100% of the time beyond locking up every single person accused of a crime until their trial which might be years into the future. 

I’m not bailing out a drug gang leader, that’s insane. 

9 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

You could always ask @immamac

Meh, I’m sure refereeing adults isn’t high on his list. 

• Fuck You 1

40 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

Is it weird that two of the three people on this site that I'm actually interested in having a drink with some day are Brisket and Lobo? 

You got a lot of issues if you wanna hang out with us.  He's actually a hoot in real life and not quite so pessimistic.  I'm actually rather quiet in real life but would like to listen to your stories and relate them to the quotes that the people inside my head say.   I'm off the sauce right now, but if we play our cards right---he'll take us to Waffle House.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Well, I am right. Harris county is fucked. Womack’s was set at 35 until he predictably screwed that up and then it went to 75…. On a murder charge. With judges like that, who needs enemies. 

What dollar amount is acceptable in your opinion for someone that hasn’t been found guilty of a crime?

22 minutes ago, Homercles said:

You’d just be sitting there quietly like

image.gif.25270e95380f9cc206e9ffd3b0c9c148.gif

Scrubs played a large part in my entrance to healthcare, and remains the only medical show to depict the work dynamics between physicians and nurses in any sort of realistic light (still way off, but much better than most)

1 hour ago, TXSooner518 said:

Nothing works 100% of the time beyond locking up every single person accused of a crime until their trial which might be years into the future. 

And.....you just highlighted the outcome that he wants: if you are accused of a crime, you are locked away until trial.  Period.  No exceptions.  Because an "exception" to locking you away until trial is.....setting a bond.  Which we know = "letting people out of jail to murder us all!"

1 hour ago, Poe It Up said:

So, to the end point.....his bond was 75k.  On a murder CHARGE.  Not conviction, CHARGE.  That's 7.5 times higher than the minimum that the tough-on-crime wing of the Texas legislature wants to set.

1 hour ago, Poe It Up said:

I’m not bailing out a drug gang leader, that’s insane. 

Cool.  So, I'm going to offer some sworn statements to the cops, and get several other folks to do the same, that you are a drug gang leader.  On the testimony of a dozen credible witnesses, they'll arrest you and toss you in jail.  And you should never, ever, ever get bail.

1 hour ago, hobbes2702 said:

What dollar amount is acceptable in your opinion for someone that hasn’t been found guilty of a crime?

There isn't one.  He lives in the world where we imprison people indefinitely BEFORE they are convicted of a crime.  Because Constitution, schmonstitution.

1 hour ago, TXSooner518 said:

Well, doofus, the Texas and United States Constitution require it, so now what?

He doesn't care.  He wants to indefinitely imprison anyone who is ever charged with a crime.  He knows that's insane, so he doesn't come out and say that exactly....but his lack of putting forth any ALTERNATE proposal tells you exactly what he wants the system to be.

• Hook 'Em 4

Poe it up is focusing on an exception when the rule is we routinely lock up and have even executed innocent people in this country on a variety of fucking horrible excuses.  Again, Rikers is an abomination. Innocent folks have been locked up waiting on arraignments for months much less not being able to get out on bail.  The criminal justice system is fucked but not for the reasons Poe it up says because he can find a needle in a haystack. 

Edited by A-Tex Devil
  • Rage+1 2

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And.....you just highlighted the outcome that he wants: if you are accused of a crime, you are locked away until trial.  Period.  No exceptions.  Because an "exception" to locking you away until trial is.....setting a bond.  Which we know = "letting people out of jail to murder us all!"

So, to the end point.....his bond was 75k.  On a murder CHARGE.  Not conviction, CHARGE.  That's 7.5 times higher than the minimum that the tough-on-crime wing of the Texas legislature wants to set.

Cool.  So, I'm going to offer some sworn statements to the cops, and get several other folks to do the same, that you are a drug gang leader.  On the testimony of a dozen credible witnesses, they'll arrest you and toss you in jail.  And you should never, ever, ever get bail.

There isn't one.  He lives in the world where we imprison people indefinitely BEFORE they are convicted of a crime.  Because Constitution, schmonstitution.

He doesn't care.  He wants to indefinitely imprison anyone who is ever charged with a crime.  He knows that's insane, so he doesn't come out and say that exactly....but his lack of putting forth any ALTERNATE proposal tells you exactly what he wants the system to be.

Never seems way too extreme. I’d raise the price to make it very difficult, that’s for sure. 

8 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

Yeah.  That’s what this country needs.  

Apparently so, look at all the crime. 

• Fuck You 2

15 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Never seems way too extreme. I’d raise the price to make it very difficult, that’s for sure. 

Apparently so, look at all the crime. 

Well we incarcerate more people than anyone. So perhaps that’s not the solution to less crime? But you are whiting it up in rural Montgomery Conty so why would you fucking care? Lock up the brown/poor people. 

• Hook 'Em 3

48 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Not for capitol offenses. He’s obviously a danger to society, I wouldn’t shed a tear for him. 

In my example, I didn't say the gang leader was charged with a capital (or capitol) offense. You said that you would NEVER bail out a gang leader. So a gang leader charged with non-capital murder is safe to release because he has the money to post a high bail in your opinion?  Rich people are safe to release, regardless of their history and crime, but poor people are not?

12 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

Well we incarcerate more people than anyone. So perhaps that’s not the solution to less crime? But you are whiting it up in rural Montgomery Conty so why would you fucking care? Lock up the brown/poor people. 

What the fuck does race have to do with it? 

• Fuck You 1

12 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

What the fuck does race have to do with it? 

• Fuck You 2

17 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

In my example, I didn't say the gang leader was charged with a capital (or capitol) offense. You said that you would NEVER bail out a gang leader. So a gang leader charged with non-capital murder is safe to release because he has the money to post a high bail in your opinion?  Rich people are safe to release, regardless of their history and crime, but poor people are not?

I thought we were discussing murder, it’s going to be more difficult not to bond that piece of shit for a lesser crime. I’d make him pay as much of his blood money as I could I suppose. 

• Fuck You 2

Poe and his ilk are pissed that the government they want to pay for (which is the bare minimum) is shitty. So, he, they, want to burn it all down.

No chance they allow reality to inform their thoughts, to adapt and change to new information. All they know is: they are right. Why, it’s right there in the title: “New Right.”

I find thinking “piece of excrement” when I see his username sidesteps the offensiveness of his thoughts linked to Edgar’s.