Missouri 14 803
Arkansas 13 371

5 States with the lowest murder rates:

New Hampshire 0 14
Vermont 0 14
Maine 1.6 21
Idaho 2.5 42
Massachusetts 2.7 183

You stupid fucking, lib. Only cities with liberal mayors count. Who gives a shit about state's rights? Also, those 5 states have...a lot of good football players...if you know what I mean.

7 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Houston buys them back once a year or so. $50-100 iirc. 

Well I may shop around!

Also, regarding your precious attempt at a jab, I could give two fucks about the money, really. We have a fucking gun problem and you and your ilk need to wake the fuck up.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Walser said:

Well I may shop around!

Also, regarding your precious attempt at a jab, I could give two fucks about the money, really. We have a fucking gun problem and you and your ilk need to wake the fuck up.

It’s not a jab. But always funny when people say I’d melt my shit right now rah rah. Well, you can.  I couldn’t give a single fuck about gang bangers killing each other. I hope more of them do. 

• Fuck You 1

9 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

It’s not a jab. But always funny when people say I’d melt my shit right now rah rah. Well, you can.  I couldn’t give a single fuck about gang bangers killing each other. I hope more of them do. 

you realize that gang bangers don't fly away to some deserted island and then start shooting right and that bullets that miss the intended target don't just disappear.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nivek said:

you realize that gang bangers don't fly away to some deserted island and then start shooting right and that bullets that miss the intended target don't just disappear.  

Yeah.  I read about it all the time. It would be nice if we actually punished crimes with firearms (like possessing one when you aren’t allowed) with severity. 

6 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Republicans love big government when it's mass incarcerating people.  Yup, the problem is we don't imprison people enough in this country.

I don’t care if you inprison them, chop their hands off, or put them in a brazen bull. But committing a violent crime with a firearm should be a game over punishment. 

12 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Yeah.  I read about it all the time. It would be nice if we actually punished crimes with firearms (like possessing one when you aren’t allowed) with severity. 

Rehabilitation is much more effective than punishment.   Punishment makes us feel good though.  

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Rehabilitation is much more effective than punishment.   Punishment makes us feel good though.  

Sure. It can also solve the issue. Someone who once pulled the trigger to harm someone else can no longer do that if they lose their dick skinners.  Or just removed from the equation. Lose 1 murderer, bring in 3 non-murderers from Mexico as replacement. 

Dude that just killed everyone in Memphis attempted to murder someone 11 months ago. Rehabilitated? 

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

TIL elementary school kids and teachers are gang bangers. Go fuck your own face before you vote for a fascist just so you can keep your toys

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Odd how we're the country with both the highest incarceration rate on the planet (although Rwanda and Turkmenistan are making a run at us), and the second highest rate of gun deaths of any country.  It's almost as if locking lots of people up doesn't make us safer.

lu96hgg3oom91.thumb.jpg.9b42b9ba61d87d4de23adb2ea562cd79.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Sure. It can also solve the issue. Someone who once pulled the trigger to harm someone else can no longer do that if they lose their dick skinners.  Or just removed from the equation. Lose 1 murderer, bring in 3 non-murderers from Mexico as replacement. 

Dude that just killed everyone in Memphis attempted to murder someone 11 months ago. Rehabilitated? 

So the solution is to spend a huge number of state and federal resources to punish people after the fact instead of restricting the access to firearms (adding additional barriers) in the first place?  That doesn't make economic sense.   Plus there is the loss of life.

I believe actor Charles S. Dutton killed a person and was rehabilitated.   

If you commit a crime with a gun or related to a gun, you should be in prison long enough that when you gate out in a few decades, you are no longer a threat to society. And yes we should end the war on drugs and release any nonviolent drug offenders.  We would have plenty of space to warehouse the dickheads who commit crime with guns.  We do not even enforce the gun laws we have.  Ask Hunter Biden.

• Fuck You 1

7 hours ago, Thatguy said:

It's a vicious cycle, and locking more people up has shown that it doesn't do anything but increase crime. 

Please let me know what you would do with someone who murders someone in a robbery at 18 years old.  Let’s say a couple of parents are out on a date, get held up, dad gets shot and dies in robbery.  What would you propose for the 18 yo who committed the crime? 

• Fuck You 1

32 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

What additional barriers are someone who will use a weapon to steal, rape, or murder you with, going to abide by? 

So did the Uvalde shooter not want to buy the weapon when he was 17, but instead bought it legally on his 18th birthday? 

All such laws (which of course, should be a higher age), are never going to be foolproof and you'll never rid this country of the scourge of gun violence we have entirely. But they are layers to obstruct, delay, give time to reconsider, to come to the attention of law enforcement, etc. 

53 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Please let me know what you would do with someone who murders someone in a robbery at 18 years old.  Let’s say a couple of parents are out on a date, get held up, dad gets shot and dies in robbery.  What would you propose for the 18 yo who committed the crime? 

Perfect GQP non sequitur, which deflects from any actual solution to the actual problems.  If you think levying additional criminal penalties against someone who under the current laws already on the books would already serve up to 99 years in prison, and possibly be subject to the death penalty, are appropriate, go for it.  You could also explain how if he served 120 years in prison instead of 99 that would decrease gun violence in any meaningful way.

All this while ignoring that we have by far the highest incarceration rate in the world, our prisons are essentially really shitty mental health care facilities, and we are churning out people more likely to commit crimes when they can't get jobs/reenter society because they got caught smoking some weed.  All of which has actual impact on gun violence.

As does the actual proliferation of guns, something you are ignoring.  But hey maybe you'll be able to buy a third boat.

Edited by lemonlime
  • Hook 'Em 3

I don't know of a single American who thinks someone who is a demonstrated risk for commiting violent crime should not be incarcerated.  It's a non-starter.  It's a deflection.  Now, it might be true that some of those should be in mental health institutions, and some should be in prison, but this inference that "liberals" think we should let them roam free is insulting.

• Hook 'Em 2

26 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I don't know of a single American who thinks someone who is a demonstrated risk for commiting violent crime should not be incarcerated.  It's a non-starter.  It's a deflection.  Now, it might be true that some of those should be in mental health institutions, and some should be in prison, but this inference that "liberals" think we should let them roam free is insulting.

that's all they have is insults. it's their currency

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

Well first I would mourn them. Then I would dedicate my life to fighting crime in the shadows. I would use my fortune to create a suite, a tank like vehicle, a motorcycle, and a plane to get the job done. Then I would enlist my butler to act as my eye in the sky to better locate where crime is happening. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Well first I would mourn them. Then I would dedicate my life to fighting crime in the shadows. I would use my fortune to create a suite, a tank like vehicle, a motorcycle, and a plane to get the job done. Then I would enlist my butler to act as my eye in the sky to better locate where crime is happening. 

You were 5 minutes too late.

• Haha 1