Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

4 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

You had no argument. You preached about the damaging ballistics of an AR15, and I simply asked you what caliber, for which you never answered. 

In what way does the caliber of damaging ballistics of an AR15 matter?

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

I don’t want to get cut by fudge.   It’s tremendously easy to Google that. 

3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I don’t want to get cut by fudge.   It’s tremendously easy to Google that. 

Here’s what I got. Don’t see anything that tells how they matter…only how damaging they are. Will you help?

Apr 14, 2021 · 103 answers
Rifles can cause massive tissue damage and that is determined by the caliber, velocity and bullet type ( full metal jacket, hollow-point, ...

54 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

You had no argument. You preached about the damaging ballistics of an AR15, and I simply asked you what caliber, for which you never answered. 

You dumb fuck, it's the fact that an AR-15 is not only capable but preferred for mass lethality that is the issue.  I don't care which ammo is superior -- superior ammo is available.

Why do you insist in making the most unsupportable arguments?  You are truly a rotten human being. 

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Why do you insist in making the most unsupportable arguments?  You are truly a rotten human being. 

because @fattyflattie cares more about having his expensive loud toys more than 19 children being murdered with ease by an 18 year old with the same root n tooty point n shooty as he has in his safe

(I'm just assuming he's got a daniel defense rifle because he seems like the type of chud to spend money uselessly on vanity brands)

• Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

9 hours ago, Anastasis said:

There is nothing uniquely problematic about the design of the AR-15. There are many many many rifles that share the same functional attributes, and a long list of semi-autos that would arguably be better suited to conduct a mass shooting with

I made the second exact point at multiple times on this thread. That underscores that the AR-15 is unique. It’s not a functional element. For multiple reasons just lends itself to fantasy play to a greater degree than other weapons of equal or greater usefulness. That’s problematic in the hands of a violent disordered person.

12 minutes ago, Captainant said:

because @fattyflattie cares more about having his expensive loud toys more than 19 children being murdered with ease by an 18 year old with the same root n tooty point n shooty as he has in his safe

First, nothing I own or don’t makes a difference in what that psycho did that day. I’ve owned half of my firearms longer that he has been alive.  Your logic on that doesn’t track. 

Second, I don’t know what you consider vanity brands, but I’ve sent a lot of money to Leander and KA. I’m sure you’ll find some type of comment for that. 

The fact that you're defending your position of "gun regulations bad" with "well I've bought more than $10,000 worth of guns! I gotta protect my investment!" really sells out how much of a feckless fuck you are.

You are a "no compromises" gun nut, fatty. I have never once seen any measure to meaningfully address gun violence that you have supported.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

The fact that you're defending your position of "gun regulations bad" with "well I've bought more than $10,000 worth of guns! I gotta protect my investment!" really sells out how much of a feckless fuck you are.
You are a "no compromises" gun nut, fatty. I have never once seen any measure to meaningfully address gun violence that you have supported.

He supports some of the ideas presented here, but not enough to actually vote for people that have those items (or similar) as part of their written platform.
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

The fact that you’re proud of that, or at least not ashamed enough to keep it to yourself, is fucking pitiful.

Why? I’d rather express my concerns to politicians that align in other areas and see where they take it.  Working to further distance my 2nd A rights might be your kink, but it surely isn’t mine. 

Edited by fattyflattie
  • Fuck You 1

14 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Haha, nowhere. They will take your concerns nowhere, because your support is effectively unconditional. You work for them. 

And if I joined you and voiced my concerns to the other side?  I’m what manner do you believe they would act on those? 

11 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

And if I joined you and voiced my concerns to the other side?  I’m what manner do you believe they would act on those? 

I’m not suggesting any such thing. I mean, for the record I think you and everyone else should make a habit of contacting your electeds to the extent possible, but with one and only one exception at the moment I don’t vote -for- anybody. I vote against incumbents that don’t deserve to keep their jobs and in open seats I vote against the candidate who insults my intelligence to the greatest degree. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

3 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I vote against incumbents that don’t deserve to keep their jobs and in open seats I vote against the candidate who insults my intelligence to the greatest degree. 

That don’t deserve to keep their jobs more than the other one.  

I assume this is what you mean. Unless you are just throwing votes everywhere.  That’s a pretty good policy. I’ll look at that. 

13 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

That don’t deserve to keep their jobs more than the other one.  

I assume this is what you mean. Unless you are just throwing votes everywhere.  That’s a pretty good policy. I’ll look at that. 

No, I mean that when given the opportunity I vote against incumbents that don’t deserve to keep their jobs, period. I’m sure there’s a theoretical possibility that there would be a challenger so odious I would have to vote for a failed incumbent, but I’ve never encountered it. 
There total number of incumbents I’ve ever voted for is pretty low and with very few exceptions tends to be County level. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

10 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Sounds like everything going up in value.  Also, what’s the point in passing something that’s going to be reversed in November? 

Putting elected official’s votes on the record does give more information to voters this November. Maybe you followed the vote on health cate for veterans? The hypocrisy of R Senators has since been put on blast. Maybe some R voters will be disgusted enough to consider sending a message that we ought support our injured vets. Maybe.

Edited by Willfully Horn

Just now, Willfully Horn said:

Putting elected officials votes on the record does give more information to voters this November. Maybe you followed the vote on health cate for veterans? The hypocrisy of R Senators has since been put on blast. Maybe some R voters will be disgusted enough to consider sending a message that we ought support our injured vets. Maybe.

Now do a minimum wage increase vote. You either raise the minimum wage from an abysmal $7.25 an hour or you make it even clearer who needs to go.

3 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

In all seriousness, I've been reading headlines about spikes in gun sales since the Obama years. Ain't that market saturated yet? 

Tfw fatty alone has $10k in pewpew toys. I don't think there's really a ceiling on number of guns for lots of "no compromises" gun owners like fatty and the like 

• Hook 'Em 3

On 7/26/2022 at 5:34 PM, jimmyjazz said:

You dumb fuck, it's the fact that an AR-15 is not only capable but preferred for mass lethality that is the issue.  I don't care which ammo is superior -- superior ammo is available.

same shit GIF

20 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Lol wut. That’s the last 3 I bought. I’ve been collecting for >20 years.  10k doesn’t touch the glass I’ve bought in last 5 years. 

Baller Wow GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

6 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I wish.

It’s like Scrooge mcduck but instead of gold coins I swim around in green tips. lulz. 

Maybe you would be if you didn't drop so much money on guns.

2 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Lol wut. That’s the last 3 I bought. I’ve been collecting for >20 years.  10k doesn’t touch the glass I’ve bought in last 5 years. 

It's just because you're a scared little bitch

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Yes deer and quail scare me so bad. 

Of course the one fucking poster who I can’t take seriously on the subject has an opinion on it. LOfuckingL

You can't take me seriously on this? I'm pretty sure you could if you knew me...

You have 10k invested in guns to hunt deer and quail? That's like 800.00 in guns. 

So you're a scared little bitch and a shitty investor... it's cool. 

3 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Yes deer and quail scare me so bad. 

Do you hunt deer or quail with AR-15 or similar weapons?  Seems a little brutal on a quail (in particular).  I guess you might nail a half dozen or so, but is there any meat left?

1 hour ago, SKJ said:

You can't take me seriously on this? I'm pretty sure you could if you knew me...

You have 10k invested in guns to hunt deer and quail? That's like 800.00 in guns. 

So you're a scared little bitch and a shitty investor... it's cool. 

I think I’ll trust my ability to gauge the value of antique Weatherbys, Model 70’s, and Italian O/Us, but thanks for the tip. I’ll totally get with you if I need one with less numbers stamped across it though. 

17 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Do you hunt deer or quail with AR-15 or similar weapons?

My oldest kid uses an AR to practice for eventual deer/pig hunting.  She sits with me every time I go, and will use it to hunt when she’s ready. If she gets big enough by then to handle a more traditional stocked bolt action, she’ll go to that. She very much dislikes the percussive blast from the AR.  We’ve played with the gas block a bit but she still doesn’t like it. Same reason I think bolt > SA. 

Quail, c’mon man. We having a serious convo or no? No. I hunt them with either a 20g OU or a .410. A 28g Rizzini OU is on the list for Santa this year; I’ll probably get a lump of coal instead. Oldest kid shoots (at) clays with a little 410. 

17 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Is the gun collection something your child(ren) want when you’re gone? 

No snark. If they aren’t as enthusiastic about them as you, are you gonna sell them while still alive to pass on value?

I’ve never purchased a single firearm with intent to resale. I’ve sold maybe 3 cheap shotguns from raffles and tournaments to friends.  My oldest hunts with me anytime she can. Middle one is so so. Youngest is too young to know.  If they don’t want them, and their husbands (or wives) don’t, Id probably hand them out to friends I’ve hunted with throughout my life.  Or donate to some auction house. I’ve got a few very high end wbys I’d pass to some guys I know that are really into those.  There is always a market for high end shotguns. I inherited maybe 10 rifles and shotguns, and those would go to brother and my nephews.   I don’t own but 3 pistols, one inherited.  I don’t like them, I don’t feel comfortable carrying one, and couldn’t give a solitary fuck about the non-inherited ones.  Same with the handful of ARs I own. When my kids quit growing, I have no problem selling those down the line.  To be honest, I’d rather keep them than sell them only because I don’t know who would get them next. But if the gov did a voluntary buy back once my kids are big enough to handle traditional stocked rifles, that even remotely touched fair market value, I wouldn’t shed a solitary tear about it. I don’t see them every getting to market value on quality arms, but maybe someday. 

Worst case, the kids sell them and put a chunk down on a house or college for the grandkids.   Or maybe something causes catastrophic financial ruin, and I sell them all. Who knows. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

11 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

I hope this is a schtick, because otherwise you are a sad pathetic excuse for a man.

I'm more of a value optic guy myself too but I don't see the connection to his manhood.

• Hook 'Em 2