Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

42 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Anybody wanna guess what kinda kinda vehicle chickenshit cop staring at his death skull screensaver  drives and why there are truck nuts hanging from the hitch?

Are we starting with, oh, F250?  Or are the shitbags more of the Ram persuasion?

Who gives a fuck what these gaping pussies drive. Their cowardice ended the lives of children that could have been saved and further emboldened psychos that now know police will not only NOT stop them, but they'll actively prevent the people courageous enough from doing so

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

4 hours ago, Nivek said:

My MAGA brother can simultaneously tell you that Covid is no big deal and it is just the flu, and then can tell you how Covid fucked up his lungs, kidneys, eyes, and over a year later he still has focus issues.   He was hospitalized and nearly died from it.   But it's both not a big deal and it is a big deal.  

But he didn’t blame dem got dang Japanese people?

I went thru AFD training and left before the end. You were made fun of relentlessly,24/7, if you had any kind of stickers outside IAFF. All the cringeworthy, “look I’m a firefighter” shit got mocked endlessly.  Even the guys at downtown stations who are usually suburbs guys that live to tell every girl they meet on I-35 from Waco to San Antonio they’re in AFD mock that stuff. Needs to be that way with police.

• Like 2

Make no mistake -- that video and the police response is awful.

But that's a red herring. Yes, faster police response could have saved lives. But within just about two minutes -- and before police even entered the building -- the shooter was already finished. The vast majority of those innocent kids and teachers died when he shot 100 rounds immediately upon entering the classroom. They didn't stand a chance. Meanwhile, our leaders think assault weapon access is more important than the lives of children in a schoolhouse.

Even with the screams of children -- THE SCREAMS OF CHILDREN -- edited out, the violence and power of those shots ringing out is haunting. Did you see those officers all flinch when the final volley of shots occurred 77 minutes later? That's with training, high-powered rifles themselves, and body armor. And they were scared. How do you think those kids and teachers felt?

Mental health? Sure. Security? Sure. They help. But this keeps going until those guns are no longer easily available. It's the guns.

1 hour ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

But that's a red herring.

Absolutely this. 

I'll pile on law enforcement like everyone else, because Uvalde is another example of just how inept the police can be.  But it's a side show.

You send Navy SEAL Team 6 as the group of first responders to Robb Elementary, and in all likelihood that piece of shit with his high-powered assault rifle is still taking a lot of lives.

It's the guns, not the police.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Absolutely this. 

I'll pile on law enforcement like everyone else, because Uvalde is another example of just how inept the police can be.  

just how inept the police are*

24 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Absolutely this. 

I'll pile on law enforcement like everyone else, because Uvalde is another example of just how inept the police can be.  But it's a side show.

You send Navy SEAL Team 6 as the group of first responders to Robb Elementary, and in all likelihood that piece of shit with his high-powered assault rifle is still taking a lot of lives.

It's the guns, not the police.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

But that's a red herring. Yes, faster police response could have saved lives. But within just about two minutes -- and before police even entered the building -- the shooter was already finished. The vast majority of those innocent kids and teachers died when he shot 100 rounds immediately upon entering the classroom.

I think it's fair to say a lot were killed before the cops arrived, but some might have been saved, and we know he continued to move between classrooms, shooting periodically throughout the hour+ he was there before the cops finally did their job.

I'm not saying it would have been any less tragic, but saving a few lives would have been the better and only justifiable outcome.  As it stands, I see the cops as having some culpability in those deaths.

That video is horrifying.  Those cops are to blame for every child that died after they arrived.  Who knows the number but it’s enough that it would have been national news on its own.  It is truly unbelievable that there were that many officers on site and none of them charged in. Unbelievable.

Either way, it’s both.  Those cops deserve everything coming their way.  But it’s also the guns.  That kid should have never been able to legally obtain those firearms.

Edited by Snake Diggity

But that's a red herring. Yes, faster police response could have saved lives. But within just about two minutes -- and before police even entered the building -- the shooter was already finished. The vast majority of those innocent kids and teachers died when he shot 100 rounds immediately upon entering the classroom. They didn't stand a chance. Meanwhile, our leaders think assault weapon access is more important than the lives of children in a schoolhouse.
Even with the screams of children -- THE SCREAMS OF CHILDREN -- edited out, the violence and power of those shots ringing out is haunting. Did you see those officers all flinch when the final volley of shots occurred 77 minutes later? That's with training, high-powered rifles themselves, and body armor. And they were scared. How do you think those kids and teachers felt?
Mental health? Sure. Security? Sure. They help. But this keeps going until those guns are no longer easily available. It's the guns.

Our leaders don’t think that weapon access is more important, they think the money they get from weapon lobbies are more important.

Our leaders don’t think that weapon access is more important, they think the money they get from weapon lobbies are more important.
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

FIFY.

News flash -- it's a shit-soaked bouillabaisse of all of those things and they all have an effect. And, yet still, nobody has been able to convince me that Joe Six-Pack American needs this kind of access to weapons of war such as an AR-15.

• Hook 'Em 2

Saw the video last night.  The shooter stood in the hallway and it looked like he shot into the door and then kicked the door open to us.  Which would mean the door was not locked when he was in there and no one needed to find a key to open the door.  Just a bunch of fucking cowards that should all be tried as accessories for doing absolutely nothing.

34 minutes ago, landman said:

Saw the video last night.  The shooter stood in the hallway and it looked like he shot into the door and then kicked the door open to us.  Which would mean the door was not locked when he was in there and no one needed to find a key to open the door.  Just a bunch of fucking cowards that should all be tried as accessories for doing absolutely nothing.

Door being unlocked was established/confirmed weeks ago 

it's not either or.  it's not a red herring.  teachers were still calling 911 and trying to be quiet.  some kids were alive but bleeding out.  the guns are the problem.  the police are the problem.  i have the capacity to know both.

It’s not just both…it’s that the ruling political class is on the murderous wrong side of both issues.

1) Free ARs for everyone! Guns guns guns! Celebrate them, masturbate to them!

2) Cops are heroes! Back the blue! How dare you question the manner in which our heroes in blue do their jobs! You sound like one of those defund the police commies!

These are cardinal values of the MAGA right. And they are great at accomplishing one thing: stacks of dead bodies of innocents.

We are ruled by a murderous death cult, and not only is nothing stopping them, nothing’s even slowing them down.

We’re going to get even more ARs sold to broken brained young people. And we’re going to get more soldier cops who are only good for shooting dogs and unarmed minorities. And you’ll shut up and take it, libtard.
  • Rage+1 2

Remember how freaky it was when all those cops killed themselves after Jan 6? Something like 4 or 5 of them. And they actually heroically did their jobs.  Not one dude from this has done so in the face of the entire world knowing their abject cowardice and failure. 

I’m not saying they should, but I’d understand  - Chris Rock. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

5 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Remember how freaky it was when all those cops killed themselves after Jan 6? Something like 4 or 5 of them. And they actually heroically did their jobs.  Not one dude from this has done so in the face of the entire world knowing their abject cowardice and failure. 

It takes courage to kill yourself.  To give up everything you have or ever will have.  Just like going through a door with a shooter on the other side to save some kids.  I think the UPD kind of lacks in that area.

Edited by Jhawkmvp
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

I really don't know how that Arredondo guy can live with himself. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Jhawkmvp said:

It takes courage to kill yourself.  To give up everything you have or ever will have.  Just like going through a door with a shooter on the other side to save some kids.  I think the UPD kind of lacks in that area.

You're not wrong but 

god damn idiocracy GIF

• Haha 1

I am not sure that we can trust any of the reporting. But FWIW he was reportedly disarmed, detained, and removed from the scene. 

I ain't one to give any fucking cops a pass, and I would like to think if I was in that same position, there would be no chance of disarming me and detaining me, but I also think that maybe in just thing one singular instance in this very fucked up sitch we can dial it down a bit, and maybe let things settle before the twitter mob and some of the parrots here gets revved into high gear.  

• Hook 'Em 1