Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, DalTxHornFan said:

She happens to be a friend of mine and my wife of 35+ years.  

52 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

No doubt that every Surly avatar is ones wife!

35 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Show your work.

Unless you meant this woman is a friend of your wife, and you have been friends 35 years, this woman is NOT your wife and friend for 35 years. You have been keeping the drool in your mouth for 35 years you friggin weirdo.

Edited by StassneyHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

55 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Yeah, im gonna guess the dude with $300k watches, a personal driver (probably Sinbad), and all sorts of other .01% shit does just fine with the ladies.

Being in your 40’s and deep into (earned) 8 figures, yeah I’m going to say you are correct.  

12 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Yes.  The deadliest school shooting to date, iirc.  Dude used a 9mm and .22, when he had access to anything (AWB had expired).  But he chose what's in most of Americans nightstands and what we use to introduce children to the sport, not a SA rifle.  No "weapon of war".     

Fatty this is ridiculous man, and I know even you know it. The V-Tech shooter was on campus for 2.5 hours shooting people. After he shot the first people at 7am they should've been doing their jobs but their incompetence allowed him to continue on his shooting spree. Meanwhile, the Vegas shooter killed 58 people and injured 100's in just 10 minutes.  The Orlando shooter overwhelmed the off duty police officer who he got into a gun battle with because of the weapon he was holding.

Limiting body counts Fatty. That's the goal here. A gun to defend yourself is fine, but being able to fire 1000's of rounds before the police even have a chance to respond is something we should be concerned with. Then even when the police do get to the scene they have to retreat due to facing superior firepower and wait some more before the guys with equal firepower show up. We should've learned that in 1997 when the police were getting their ass whipped for 44 minutes on live television by two guys walking down the street in North Hollywood.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, C-Man said:

The chyron says: “There is something very wrong with our young men.”

Stop fucking arming them with military-grade weapons!!!!! For fuck’s sake.

Yeah it seems pretty reasonable that if there is something wrong with our young men then maybe we should try to make it harder for them to get devices that allow for such destruction.

• Hook 'Em 4

Cool.  Illinois gun laws are the equivalent to the DWI laws you are citing.  99.5%+ of people follow the law and don't commit murder.  Should everybody else's rights be infringed because of freaks like this guy (who is the type of person that the Illinois red flag law obviously was directed towards)? 

Yes, because that's how civilized society works. If one person shits their pants we all have to wear diapers. Every other western country has figured this out. It's the guns stupid; it's always been the guns, but we can't make a change because of the sacred parchment.

Last week New Zealand declared the proud boys a terrorist organization. Our dysfunctional government can't even manage that.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Also, coming on a thread after people are murdered at a parade or elementary school to talk about how cool your guns are and how awesome hog hunting is fucked up. Y’all know that plenty of gun control advocates can and do shoot, too, right? 

This right here. Scrolling through this thread reading the shitty muh guns comments and then hitting the video of the daughter talking about her mother being shot while attempting to escape the shooter. How can people be so blasé about human life? It’s so incredibly selfish.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

A dozen pages in since Monday and the conversation is centered around guns, titties, and hogs. Oh the humanity. Oh the Surliness of it all.

A two year old boy without his parents because very tall toddlers and teenage-mindset adults are running the country/world into a Mad Max nightmare faster than a V-8 special.

The Mad Max  tale may be cinema fiction but it certainly isn't a stretch. If the elite ruling class thinks they can escape that hellish scenario...well they can...for awhile. But martyrs and heroes arise from the least likely places, and the collateral damage of human lives lost along the way is large, bloody, and horrific. Why anyone would want to put this planet through that, I cannot fathom, but the short-lived fevered imaginations of world domination has littered the landscape throughout our history on Earth so here we go....again.

Enjoy your pew-pew toys, but remember: those are not the only weapons in the arsenal of the desperate.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

lol a grown ass man resorting to GDI retorts?

This former sorority girl with double digit family members who were also Greek think you’re a sad sack loser.

GUYSSSSSS A TRIDELT LET HIM USE HER BOOOOOBSSSSSSS! AINT THAT THE COOLEST!!!!

Get your life.

Yea. The funny thing is that retort was aimed at somebody who was in a fraternity at Texas. Wife in a sorority at Texas. Oldest daughter currently there in a different sorority than wife was.

But yea who really gives a fuck about any of that here in this thread.

Still,,,,

95cb117f0ef37e8cdf3397925ad2e07d.jpg

Others may have said this, but if there are really people with an assault rifle fetish who need to masturbate with an AR-15 every once in a while, I have no problem making them available for use at a shooting range, with the guns available for ownership by the range owners, subject to some reasonable level of background check, licensing, and registration.

If an AR-15 really is one of the few effective ways to get rid of feral hogs (I understand those big fuckers are a real problem for Texas ranchers), then let's have them available to ranch owners who register under some kind of feral hog eradication program, again with some reasonable system of background check, licensing, and registration.  Or maybe just make them available to a state agency that performs that function. 

Will some bad guys still find a way to get an AR-15?  Sure.  Will that get rid of the AR-15's that are already in so many hands?  Not without some government repurchasing program, and even then, I understand there are still a shitload of them out there.

But for fuck's sake, fucking do something.  Anything.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

If an AR-15 really is one of the few effective ways to get rid of feral hogs (I understand those big fuckers are a real problem for Texas ranchers), then let's have them available to ranch owners who register under some kind of feral hog eradication program, again with some reasonable system of background check, licensing, and registration.  Or maybe just make them available to a state agency that performs that function. 

This has been addressed by @Pods upthread.

7 minutes ago, Nivek said:

I am OK with people having AR15s.

I’m in favor of them being banned altogether. The statistics say that the assault weapons ban worked to reduce death, and when it was lifted, deaths increased dramatically. From what I’ve seen, those who are the most vocal about insisting it’s their 2nd Amendment right to own them are the ones who want to overthrow American constitutional democracy, which is exactly the opposite of the intent of the Amendment in the first place. The goal was to protect democracy. Fuck them and fuck the NRA. No civilian needs one. They don’t need one to kill feral pigs, and anyone who would rather own one despite the fact that the right to own one means more children will die means that they’re just sick. Ban the assault rifles and ban the ammunition. 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

This has been addressed by @Pods upthread.

Remote trapping would work on big acreage properties. Every ranchita with a 3k+ trap across the state would be something to see.  Especially in a state that can’t afford to have semi decent schools.  And idgaf about shooting hogs with an AR, although it seems to be the choice of many. The trappers I know either keep the alive for sale/processing or .22 mag in the ear hole them  

Edited by fattyflattie

17 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Others may have said this, but if there are really people with an assault rifle fetish who need to masturbate with an AR-15 every once in a while, I have no problem making them available for use at a shooting range, with the guns available for ownership by the range owners, subject to some reasonable level of background check, licensing, and registration.

Can I use one of these to recreationally fire on them?

0079B18E-91AC-4A2C-A255-CA619BFB4A78.thumb.jpeg.1769aa1e9135eb331a38b4c11c4a8924.jpeg

4 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Remote trapping would work on big acreage properties. Every ranchita with a 3k+ trap across the state would be something to see.  Especially in a state that can’t afford to have semi decent schools.  And idgaf about shooting hogs with an AR, although it seems to be the choice of many. The trappers I know either keep the alive for sale/processing or .22 mag in the ear hole them  

Shooting them makes the problem worse.

4 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Shooting them makes the problem worse.

Yes, we’ve read that theory.  That’s an issue for agriculture. A hunting ranch doesn’t want to eliminate them, they want them kept in control. Both are big business here, which I’m sure you’re aware. 

10 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Can I use one of these to recreationally fire on them?

0079B18E-91AC-4A2C-A255-CA619BFB4A78.thumb.jpeg.1769aa1e9135eb331a38b4c11c4a8924.jpeg

Legally? No. I'm surprised the gun rights folks haven't made a bigger deal that you can't legally equip a drone or remote aircraft with a gun. 

Edited by Dahobbs

35 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I’m in favor of them being banned altogether. The statistics say that the assault weapons ban worked to reduce death, and when it was lifted, deaths increased dramatically. From what I’ve seen, those who are the most vocal about insisting it’s their 2nd Amendment right to own them are the ones who want to overthrow American constitutional democracy, which is exactly the opposite of the intent of the Amendment in the first place. The goal was to protect democracy. Fuck them and fuck the NRA. No civilian needs one. They don’t need one to kill feral pigs, and anyone who would rather own one despite the fact that the right to own one means more children will die means that they’re just sick. Ban the assault rifles and ban the ammunition. 

Again, the total ban is not really a politically viable option is it?  I could redesign this country to be better across the board but that isn't going to happen without me becoming a dictator first.  

10 hours ago, DalTxHornFan said:

You guys are great.  Tri-Delt from around the class of 1983-84.  Pic is about 10-12 years ago from a pre-game party.

Wait a minute! Wait just one minute. I think I recognize that magnificent bossom.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

Again, the total ban is not really a politically viable option is it?  I could redesign this country to be better across the board but that isn't going to happen without me becoming a dictator first.  

If I were dictator, I would ban everything and have a buy back program.  I would make the fatty's of the country give theirs back without any compensation, just because they are assholes.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Fatty this is ridiculous man, and I know even you know it. The V-Tech shooter was on campus for 2.5 hours shooting people. After he shot the first people at 7am they should've been doing their jobs but their incompetence allowed him to continue on his shooting spree. Meanwhile, the Vegas shooter killed 58 people and injured 100's in just 10 minutes.  The Orlando shooter overwhelmed the off duty police officer who he got into a gun battle with because of the weapon he was holding.

Limiting body counts Fatty. That's the goal here. A gun to defend yourself is fine, but being able to fire 1000's of rounds before the police even have a chance to respond is something we should be concerned with. Then even when the police do get to the scene they have to retreat due to facing superior firepower and wait some more before the guys with equal firepower show up. We should've learned that in 1997 when the police were getting their ass whipped for 44 minutes on live television by two guys walking down the street in North Hollywood.

Yep.  Fucking LAPD cops went into B&B (a gun shop) and borrowed heavier weapons during that mess. 

We vow to never again find ourselves caught in the ruthless grip of the British Empire or a group of lifelong friends reuniting at a country music festival.

I hope that this point will be sufficiently clarified in our Constitution, so that our descendants may understand fully the need for an armed and well-regulated group of citizens that can put down any despotic government, ninth-grade class, synagogue congregation, The Dark Knight Rises audience, or group of shoppers at a Walmart that rises up against them.

It is the price we must pay, for what signifies a few lives lost in a century or two on the battlefield, or at a Little League game, or in a high-school library? We do not take our task to safeguard our liberty lightly, and we must never hesitate when our existence as a free state is put at risk by the sinister whims of autocrats and nightclub attendees and older sisters and high-school principals and great-grandmothers and pharmacy technicians and parents of young kids and accountants and dancers and 7-year-olds and well-liked colleagues and leaders of Bible study groups and immigrants and aunts and aspiring photographers and paramedics and the first people in their family to attend college. Likewise, we must accept that defending our liberty will sometimes necessitate the loss of life of brave and loyal patriots, as well as nurses and sons and retirees and dedicated union members and daughters and aspiring firefighters and bartenders and veterans and teaching assistants and rabbis and fast-food employees and animal lovers and postal workers, and, if necessary, people described by everyone who knew them as loving, creative, and kind.

This is why American government must never infringe upon the rights of its citizens to keep and bear arms, which we must do in order to withstand any attack by a foreign adversary or college students attending an engineering class. If we are to fulfill our noble vision of a city upon a hill, to rise to the occasion of maintaining a government where man is free to pursue his own happiness and destiny, each of us must stand ready with his well-oiled musket or high-capacity semi-automatic rifle to exterminate an invading force or, on occasion, people buying shoes at the mall.

Naturally, there may yet come a time in our nation’s future when the very federal government we have established becomes a purveyor of the same forces of prejudice and tyranny we sought to eradicate. In such a situation, it is our hope that the citizens of this country will use their collective strength to fight such evils and protect the oppressed among them, or, alternatively, to be misdirected by the violent rhetoric of the country’s plutocratic ruling party and its mass media apparatus into firing deadly weapons indiscriminately into crowds of innocent people trying to go about their day.

That is our right as Americans.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

America has already forgotten about this.  We now have another mass shooting to focus on for a few days.  Until the next one and then this current one will be forgotten.  People do not have the attention span and cannot be bothered.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 3

6 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

America has already forgotten about this.  We now have another mass shooting to focus on for a few days.  Until the next one and then this current one will be forgotten.  People do not have the attention span and cannot be bothered.

I just think that it's worthwhile to point out that even a good guy with a gun sighted on an active shooter was not able to prevent more killings by that shooter.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

3 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

We vow to never again find ourselves caught in the ruthless grip of the British Empire or a group of lifelong friends reuniting at a country music festival.

I hope that this point will be sufficiently clarified in our Constitution, so that our descendants may understand fully the need for an armed and well-regulated group of citizens that can put down any despotic government, ninth-grade class, synagogue congregation, The Dark Knight Rises audience, or group of shoppers at a Walmart that rises up against them.

It is the price we must pay, for what signifies a few lives lost in a century or two on the battlefield, or at a Little League game, or in a high-school library? We do not take our task to safeguard our liberty lightly, and we must never hesitate when our existence as a free state is put at risk by the sinister whims of autocrats and nightclub attendees and older sisters and high-school principals and great-grandmothers and pharmacy technicians and parents of young kids and accountants and dancers and 7-year-olds and well-liked colleagues and leaders of Bible study groups and immigrants and aunts and aspiring photographers and paramedics and the first people in their family to attend college. Likewise, we must accept that defending our liberty will sometimes necessitate the loss of life of brave and loyal patriots, as well as nurses and sons and retirees and dedicated union members and daughters and aspiring firefighters and bartenders and veterans and teaching assistants and rabbis and fast-food employees and animal lovers and postal workers, and, if necessary, people described by everyone who knew them as loving, creative, and kind.

This is why American government must never infringe upon the rights of its citizens to keep and bear arms, which we must do in order to withstand any attack by a foreign adversary or college students attending an engineering class. If we are to fulfill our noble vision of a city upon a hill, to rise to the occasion of maintaining a government where man is free to pursue his own happiness and destiny, each of us must stand ready with his well-oiled musket or high-capacity semi-automatic rifle to exterminate an invading force or, on occasion, people buying shoes at the mall.

Naturally, there may yet come a time in our nation’s future when the very federal government we have established becomes a purveyor of the same forces of prejudice and tyranny we sought to eradicate. In such a situation, it is our hope that the citizens of this country will use their collective strength to fight such evils and protect the oppressed among them, or, alternatively, to be misdirected by the violent rhetoric of the country’s plutocratic ruling party and its mass media apparatus into firing deadly weapons indiscriminately into crowds of innocent people trying to go about their day.

That is our right as Americans.

Look here man, I don’t know what your fucking problem is, but this is America.  Home of freedumb!  Unless you’re pregnant.  Or one of those brown nasty-ass huddled masses that that half naked bitch refers to.  You don’t understand.  America is for white people.  White englash speking pople mertherfocker!  And we demand the right to own weapons that will kill you interlopers dead!  I spelt that currectly.

26 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yep.  Some guy in Cleveland is NOT going to get his student loan debt reduced, and that makes ALL OF THIS worth it.

You’re an attorney and this is the best you got? Nazi this and that, and whatever kink you have with Cleveland?  You’re either getting tired or lazy. 

• Fuck You 3

Just now, fattyflattie said:

You’re an attorney and this is the best you got? Nazi this and that, and whatever kink you have with Cleveland?  You’re either getting tired or lazy. 

You're the one who lets issues like whether someone gets their student loan debt forgiven override any concerns about the continued existence of the Republic or the basic rights of hundreds of millions of your fellow Americans.  Just using the exact example you gave as to why you just can't bring yourself to vote for the party opposing the GQP as they try to extinguish the Republic and relegate everyone who isn't a white gun-owning male to subordinate status.  Which is a really, really bad look for you, by the way.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

You're the one who lets issues like whether someone gets their student loan debt forgiven override any concerns about the continued existence of the Republic or the basic rights of hundreds of millions of your fellow Americans.  Just using the exact example you gave as to why you just can't bring yourself to vote for the party opposing the GQP as they try to extinguish the Republic and relegate everyone who isn't a white gun-owning male to subordinate status.  Which is a really, really bad look for you, by the way.

I could come up with another 100 reasons, but it wouldn’t matter to you, and I wouldn’t expect you to. But many are just as personal as the ones you feel strongly about for others. Alternatively, that’s not a good look for you. I bet you care as much as I do about that, though. 

• Fuck You 3

4 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

I wish someone would false flag her gorilla face.

Right, because no one's ever targeted gay stuff, like a gay nightclub, hypothetically.

And July is MAGA Month because it contains July 4th?  No, MAGA Month is January, and you were in on the treason, you monumentally stupid disgrace to everything.

• Hook 'Em 3