Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Now we can focus on important shit like where he got the gun and the political fallout instead of why the fuck people (men) are doing this in our country.

The fact that's it's easy to acquire the necessary killing power is important, but it's not the only important thing.

Oh my sweet summer child, we won't do either of those.  Just send useless thoughts and prayers.  

7 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

This sort of thing keeps popping up around here. How long before we're playing Three Degrees of Separation from Mass Shootings at School?

Yeah, it's inevitable.  Earlier on this thread I noted that my cousin's husband (a cop) was on scene in Raleigh.  Wasn't hurt or anything, but still, a little close for comfort.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/oakland/2022/10/24/ethan-crumbley-guilty-gun-locked-up/69585963007/

Crumbley dropped a bombshell in admitting to his crimes, telling the judge that he gave his father money to buy him the gun that he used in the mass shooting, and that the gun was easily accessible — contradicting his parents' claims that the gun was securely stored.

22 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

No doubt.  Unfortunately, that particular gentlemen seems to be the type that will always have one.  It appears to be part of his job, like a laptop is to you or me. 

We should do everything we can to keep guns out of his hands. We’re not doing that.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I’m not sure he owned that legally. I don’t think anyone disagrees we should keep them away from people who’ve lost their right thru their actions. 

I’m not sure that would be of no consolation to the families of the murdered workers. That a felon was able to easily obtain a weapon at all is the issue.

5 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Unfortunately there are 300 million guns in this country. Trying to keep them out of the hands of those who shouldn't have them is like trying to keep weed out of my high school. 

well, dispensing them like Pez to a bunch of newly of age owners isn't fucking helping.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

44 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Unfortunately there are 300 million guns in this country. Trying to keep them out of the hands of those who shouldn't have them is like trying to keep weed out of my high school. 

Bullshit. Do you think the Uvalde shooter had a black market gun dealer on speed dial?

In a press conference Monday evening, Sack identified the shooting suspect as Orlando Harris, a 19-year-old who graduated from the school in 2021. He said he had no criminal history and lived with family on Pennsylvania Avenue in south St. Louis. He said investigators are still working to determine a possible motive.

In the evening press conference, Sack said the quick response to the shooting prevented it from getting worse. He said the suspect had almost a dozen high-capacity magazines that each held 30 rounds.

Man, I mean it checks fucking ALL of the "utterly predictable" boxes.

Semi-auto rifle equipped with high cap mags.  CHECK.

Had multiple high cap mags.  CHECK.

Attacked place where he had gone to school recently.  CHECK.

Under the age of 21, so no problem at all buying the weapon.  CHECK.  (Oh, and I'm betting money that we'll find out he bought it very recently).

Yeah, man, there's just not a single durned thing we can do to put a dent in these.  Well, except thoughts.  We can do that.  And prayers.  Those are excellent, they never fail.

We are so fucking stupid.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

Bullshit. Do you think the Uvalde shooter had a black market gun dealer on speed dial?

He literally TRIED AND FAILED to acquire an AR before he was 18.  In other words, the age limit in place ACTUALLY WORKED in preventing his purchase.  But instead of putting in place a higher age limit that would have many of these shooters wait until their brain and impulse control were better developed, we fight to the death to make sure 18 year olds can keep buying them.

Stupidlandia run by Idiocracy in Dumbassistan.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

He literally TRIED AND FAILED to acquire an AR before he was 18.  In other words, the age limit in place ACTUALLY WORKED in preventing his purchase.  But instead of putting in place a higher age limit that would have many of these shooters wait until their brain and impulse control were better developed, we fight to the death to make sure 18 year olds can keep buying them.

Stupidlandia run by Idiocracy in Dumbassistan.

Yep. Caring more about the 2nd amendment than about 2nd graders is a real thing.

• Rage+1 3

25 yrs old should be the AR-15 purchase and ownership age.   Or better yet, just classify them along with full auto weapons and set similar requirements for owning them.  

4 hours ago, tchookem said:

Maybe we could start by having our leaders stop acting like guns are a necessary household appliance...

Doing My Part Reaction GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Man, the DT armchair ballistic experts take as long to give us full reports on weapon modifications/ammo usage than real life ballistic experts.  Must be the case backlog combined with DT forum was defunded by George Soros and a Mister Ronan Sinatra.  

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Man, the DT armchair ballistic experts take as long to give us full reports on weapon modifications/ammo usage than real life ballistic experts.  Must be the case backlog combined with DT forum was defunded by George Soros and a Mister Ronan Sinatra.  

They never seem to be able to answer the question "why did the US military request further development of the AR-15 as their weapon of choice, which ultimately led to the deployment of the M16 rifle for decades?"  It's a mystery.

He was also doing the "guns Up" sign in Lubbock right after the Dallas shooting.  I mean, yeah---we know as Longhorn fans that's their thing.  But just pro tip Governor---be pro 2A, be pro-Red Raiders since they come out and vote in droves.  Just don't be photographed making a pew-pew gun sign within 24 hours of an active shooter event in your state.  

Admittedly, as I typed that, it's tough because we're always within 48 hours of either a Red Raider game and/or a multiple casualty shooting event in Texas.  Schedules and Logistics Governor, ain't they a bitch?  I mean, much more inconvenient than murdered kids and moms-to-be...amirite?

On 10/17/2022 at 8:30 AM, Biff Tannen said:

Gun culture in this country is just a sickness.  It's quite incredible, from an objective standpoint.  People have more allegiance to an inanimate killing machine than human lives.

On 10/23/2022 at 5:02 PM, RomaVicta said:

You see, we have a long history of citizens preventing tyranny in our country by taking up arms against the state. It's how we've defended our liberty for centuries, and likely the way we will defend it in the future. So, you see, it's worth a few mass shootings here and there. Jefferson himself said that the tree of liberty must be moistened from time to time with the blood of kindergarteners, healtcare professionals, and people of color shopping at Walmart.

We don't want a country where citizens are fearful going through their daily lives worrying that the Army will open fire on them. An armed and stupid citizenry is our only hope for safe and secure lives.

On 10/24/2022 at 11:16 AM, DDD Dad said:

Just another morning in America.

quoting myself from years ago...

we are a young, violent, impulsive nation with a brief history rife with brutality, mendacity, and slaughter. we have been bred since birth to believe we are exceptional, we are better, we are badasses. we have intervals of introspection and righteousness, but they are without fail matched with savage and bloody resistance. we eat manifest destiny for breakfast and have shots of 'merica fuck yeah!!' for a nightcap. 

we lament our love affair with murderous toys, but our society is exactly what it was bred to be. we are AMERICAN.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

41 minutes ago, landman said:

The police took the gun, just gave it to somebody else, and it ended up back to the owner?  WTF.

I don't think so.  I think the police refused to take the gun and so the family handed it over to a 3rd party.  How the kid got it back is the question?

40 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I don't think so.  I think the police refused to take the gun and so the family handed it over to a 3rd party.  How the kid got it back is the question?

Sounds like the parents are trying to cover their own asses.

No way the police would have refused to take that gun and they certainly would not have given it to a third party.

That is total bullshit.

11 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

No way the police would have refused to take that gun and they certainly would not have given it to a third party.

That is total bullshit.

Is this sarcasm? I'm not sure if my detector is broken. If not, do you really think cops will take a gun away from someone that is a legal owner just because someone calls up and says they're worried that they shouldn’t have it? That's not how our laws work. Sound ridiculous? It is.

22 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

That is total bullshit.

Well, take it up with the St. Louis Police, who released the following statement:

“Officers responded and determined at that time the suspect was lawfully permitted to possess the firearm,” the statement obtained by CNN affiliate KMOV reads. “A third party known to the family was contacted and took possession of the firearm so that it would no longer be stored in the home.”

St. Louis shooter

27 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

That is total bullshit.

Tell me you've never tried to deal with a mentally ill family member in crisis without telling me you've never tried to deal with a mentally ill family member in crisis.

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

13 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Real cool country we’ve got.

You see, the police asked the family to name 5 individual gun parts and, when they couldn't, they called them libtard pussies who had no business telling people who should or shouldn't have a gun.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

You see, the police asked the family to name 5 individual gun parts and, when they couldn't, they called them libtard pussies who had no business telling people who should or shouldn't have a gun.

probably used "clip" when they should have used "magazine".  or worse, called an AR an "assault rifle".

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

I don't know what else it says about Texas, or me, but whenever these shootings happen and the invariable "lemme learn you something about the weapon and ammo of choice here, beta-male!" armchair cosplay warriors come out of the woodwork...all I think of is the SNL sketch "Yeah, but how much ya' bench?!?"  

To tell fellow parents, "Now is not the time to discuss sensible gun control, let the families of the victims mourn before we interject politics into this story!" and then get right back online and lecture us on how certain NATO calibers couldn't have ripped through child flesh beyond recognition with xyz123 modifications to the weapon of choice, as if that was helping authorities, families, victims, the public, the media...anything except your flaccid mushroom dick.  Impotence must be so hard for some Texans.

2 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

then get right back online and lecture us on how certain NATO calibers couldn't have ripped through child flesh beyond recognition with xyz123 modifications to the weapon of choice

Weird how they don't get equally upset when politicians discuss taxes and healthcare when they're not experts in the field. It's almost like they apply different rules to protecting their favorite hobby, but that couldn't be it...

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

That is total bullshit.

It, in fact, is anything but total bullshit.

Read this thread -

And pay attention to this bit -

83d66d934af5082a86c8b3946e1581c0.jpg