2018-19 NCAA Basketball Season

Goo Punch

I'm rooting for Carolina over Duke.

I don't really care much for either team, but I like UNC's uniforms (my high school colors) and I knew Cam Johnson when he played in high school. His father played at Pitt when I was in school so I root for Cam, even though he transferred from Pitt. But that was due to the Kevin Stallings Disaster.

I’m watching Oregon vs ASU now. Two observations:

1) Bill Walton is fucking stoned to the bageezus!

2) Bobby Hurley isn’t nearly as mirror-cracking ugly as he was when he played at Duke. 

Now he is drab-forgettable. At Duke he was so jaw-droppingly ugly that the Coen brothers modeled TWO “Oh Brother, Where Art Though?” characters after him. 

3 hours ago, ballrific said:

Walton is a national treasure, especially tonight.

The play-by-play guy seemed to be so over working with him at times. Walton would start rambling and the play-by-play guy would almost say "whatever", but then would just move on to something that he thought my distract Bill back to talking about the game or the sport of college basketball instead of whatever the hell he was rambling about.

Pasch is a great foil to Walton's absurdity. He's quick on his feet and keeps Bill grounded with a well-timed barb or two.

Wouldn't want them calling the national championship because Walton couldn't be bothered to know the score. But Texas games under Shaka? I'd be laughing so much, I'd forget the score, too.

Just imagine what Walton would have to say about our poise and execution during the last two minutes of each half. He'd be merciless.

2 hours ago, pops said:

Marvin Menzies fired at UNLV. That blows. One of the best guys in the business. Was handed a fucking dumpster fire and they don't even let him turn over his roster. 

Maybe they’ll go after Pitino, he can move the players dorms outside of the city limits with prostitution legal there. 

• Haha 1