2018-19 NCAA Basketball Season

Goo Punch

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

Randomly watching UCF/Cinci...both of these (top 25) teams are just utter trash. Tacko Fall is nothing but a big tall tree with no skills. We complain about the 12 being down but this is just awful basketball.

The tournament will be very top heavy.  Wouldn't be shocked to see all chalk in the FF.

11 hours ago, Pancho Negro said:

The tournament will be very top heavy.  Wouldn't be shocked to see all chalk in the FF.

On the one hand, this.

On the other, don't forget the insane ability to see coaches like Barnes and Bennett shit themselves and lose before the Elite 8 and fuck up everyone's brackets as usual. 

On 3/7/2019 at 6:40 AM, texasstrong12 said:

Here's NC State's non-conference wins. 

Mount Saint Mary's, Maryland East Shore, UNC Asheville, Maine,  Saint Peters, Mercer, Vanderbilt (9-21), Western Carolina, Penn State (13-17), USC Upstate, Loyola University Maryland. 

11/20 wins against complete trash. 

Clemson has a similar resume as NCSU, but much more competitive in the losses. With the win against Cuse today, I think their ticket is punched if they beat the Wolpfack in the 8/9 game. 

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

No Zion for Duke-UNC regular season finale tonight. Womp womp.

Really hope, selfishly, that Zion is ready to place in the NCAA tourney. He's about the only reason I'll make time to watch the ACC/Duke right now.

Rough day for the Home teams in the Big South/ASUN conferences, both Radford and Lipscomb lose at Home in their conf. finals. 

Now it's time to see if the might Sharks of Nova Southeastern can break this string, looking bleak at the moment, down 12 to Florida Southern in the Sunshine State Conference finals. 

Edited by Underdog

18 hours ago, Underdog said:

Clemson/NCSU tied up with less than 3 secs left on clock, Pack going to the line. 

Wolfpack hang on 59-58. 

18 hours ago, Machinator said:

That was essentially a play-in game for those two teams, IMO.

Really disappointing game for Clemson. The reffing was terrible, and partially contributed to Clemson's signature second half collapse, but ultimately nobody is as proficient as Clemson is at losing close games. I think the scenario for those two teams is still 1) neither get in, or 2) Clemson sneaks in. I still think Clemson probably deserves a bid more than some other bubble teams, but we'll see... 

Edited by Doc Sam Beckett

1 hour ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Really disappointing game for Clemson. The reffing was terrible, and partially contributed to Clemson's signature second half collapse, but ultimately nobody is as proficient as Clemson is at losing close games. I think the scenario for those two teams is still 1) neither get in, or 2) Clemson sneaks in. I still think Clemson probably deserves a bid more than some other bubble teams, but we'll see... 

How much more leash does Brownell get?

53 minutes ago, Machinator said:

How much more leash does Brownell get?

It's tough to say. He made the sweet sixteen last year and got an extension, but this year was a massive disappointment. I have a feeling he gets one more year, but I could also see a shake up if the cards fall right. For example, if Texas cans Shaka, I could see Clemson making a push to bring him back. Shaka with Havoc at Clemson would get a lot of people excited.