Tennessee Tech @ Texas: Austin Super Regional Thread

Horny Bull

14 minutes ago, Js1 said:

You can win quite a few games in Omaha allowing 2.5 runs/game if you keep scoring 4-5.  Didn't even need my toes to do that math.

We will win a lot of games only giving up 2.5 runs a game. This isn't your normal Texas lineup. We aren't an elite hitting team by any means but we can score 5 or 6 runs a game now. 

Edited by texasstrong12

1 minute ago, texasstrong12 said:

We will win a lot of games only giving up 2.5 runs a game. This isn't your normal Texas lineup. We aren't an elite hitting team by any means but we can score 5 or 6 runs game now. 

It’s been brought to my attention that teams what average 10 runs per game are unbeatable. 

29 minutes ago, longhornsftmfw said:

Meh. The "we'll win in 2" comment by their game 2 starter was poorly thought out, as was the apparent horns down after game 1. If you say and do some shit like that and don't want your dugout stared down or pitchers to talk shit to you, then you better not throw pitches belt high or swing at junk. They blew their load in game 1 and got punked as a result.

eh, this is fair enough, i suppose.

gonna get so fucking drunk on these aggy tears...

"Jeff Granger had our last CWS win. I don't even know how you can debate it. This program is not where it should be.
It's enjoyable. They reach the post-season almost every year. They win their share of Regionals.
25 years since our last win in Omaha. That's zero national Top 6 finishes in 25 years. Zero. It's not acceptable."

"Would you rather win conference championships or play against the best in the country ??"

"I'm beginning to think our school takes more pride in just being associated with the SEC rather than caring about winning"

"Selection committee and the umpires gifted this CWS trip for yall! Ten Tech got hosed games 2 & 3 by a bunch of home cooking calls. I bet it feels good knowing you have the NCAA in your back pocket"

• Like 2

When Parker Joe got us out of that bases-loaded jam in the top of the 6th, I knew we were Omaha bound. Our staff might not be the best at avoiding sticky situations, but they are top notch at getting out of them.

Jealous of all you magnificent bastards who were there. This team is starting to remind me of the '09 group.

I really hope we are getting ready to go on a roll with the entire athletic program.  Great leadership like we have in place now with CDC will set the tone.   My hat is off to the entire baseball program, what a job!  With the support and infrastructure we have in place now, I hope the success on the diamond bleeds over to the other teams on campus.  Someone posted awhile back that right before Mack's run, we had a great run to Omaha (maybe even a title).  Winning is contagious and when you couple that with great leadership at the top of the AD, it can lead to wonderful things

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, BlueGreySky said:

"Selection committee and the umpires gifted this CWS trip for yall! Ten Tech got hosed games 2 & 3 by a bunch of home cooking calls. I bet it feels good knowing you have the NCAA in your back pocket"

Pfffff......sorta like the home cooking call on the dropped ball in center yesterday.  Shut your fucking face hole aggy.

1 minute ago, Braff Zacklin said:

When Parker Joe got us out of that bases-loaded jam in the top of the 6th, I knew we were Omaha bound. Our staff might not be the best at avoiding sticky situations, but they are top notch at getting out of them.

Jealous of all you magnificent bastards who were there. This team is starting to remind me of the '09 group.

Great point about the 6th.  When we failed to convert with bases loaded Friday night, i knew we were toast that night.  What a gutsy series win for our boys.  Great job by Pierce to manage the staff all weekend.

6 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

I really hope we are getting ready to go on a roll with the entire athletic program.  Great leadership like we have in place now with CDC will set the tone.   My hat is off to the entire baseball program, what a job!  With the support and infrastructure we have in place now, I hope the success on the diamond bleeds over to the other teams on campus.  Someone posted awhile back that right before Mack's run, we had a great run to Omaha (maybe even a title).  Winning is contagious and when you couple that with great leadership at the top of the AD, it can lead to wonderful things

Titles in '02 and '05. I caught a few minutes of CDC on LHN the other day talking about how they like to get the coaches from all sports together and have them discuss winning strategies. He mentioned a guy like Eddie Reese having insight into the details of how to run a championship-caliber program that is valuable to coaches in other sports, and how important it is for them to communicate those lessons learned amongst all of the coaching staffs. Winning is absolutely contagious, and it seems like CDC knows that and is trying to spread the contagion around.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

You know, aggy is right. In our regional, the committee gave us the weakest 3 seed in the entire field. Without that, we might have been in trouble.

Yeah, that is some serious self-ownage on the part of aggy.   "They got an easy draw!!" 

3 seed in our regional was mighty secsecsec.  When they had a chance to prove the committee wrong, they got Clemens'ed early, folded tents, tucked tail, and went the fuck home.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Redneck Mutha said:

Yeah, that is some serious self-ownage on the part of aggy.   "They got an easy draw!!" 

3 seed in our regional was mighty secsecsec.  When they had a chance to prove the committee wrong, they got Clemens'ed early, folded tents, tucked tail, and went the fuck home.  

That would be "highest RPI 3 seed from the SECSECSEC" in the "easiest draw ever." Just to clarify.