Tennessee Tech @ Texas: Austin Super Regional Thread

Horny Bull

18 minutes ago, jinx said:

Agreed, I hope he gets away with it

He did, and of course he knows personnel better and has hunches better than I do.  He has done a masterful job with this bunch that is not that talented.  He stays remarkably calm under pressure, perhaps the best attribute of a leader.

TT is good, and scrappy, but come on, we all knew that offense wasn't going to get it done against big-time pitching in 3 straight games + our park.

3 runs/game and 1 home run for a team that averaged 10/game and 134 before the SR

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

TT is good, and scrappy, but come on, we all knew that offense wasn't going to get it done against big-time pitching in 3 straight games + our park.

3 runs/game and 1 home run for a team that averaged 10/game and 134 before the SR

I don't know about that, those hitters and the approach at the plate looked legit. Our pitching has just been outstanding the last two weekends (minus some 0-2 pitches...)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

He did, and of course he knows personnel better and has hunches better than I do.  He has done a masterful job with this bunch that is not that talented.  He stays remarkably calm under pressure, perhaps the best attribute of a leader.

Yessir, the fact that this team is Big 12 champs and Omaha bound says a lot about this coaching staff.  

3 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I don't know about that, those hitters and the approach at the plate looked legit. Our pitching has just been outstanding the last two weekends (minus some 0-2 pitches...)

those guys battled at the plate but outside of a few 0-2 pitches and a few too many walks we dominated.

11 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

to be fair, our players weren't exactly playing only baseball. our pitchers talking shit, clemens staring down their dugout, etc.

Meh. The "we'll win in 2" comment by their game 2 starter was poorly thought out, as was the apparent horns down after game 1. If you say and do some shit like that and don't want your dugout stared down or pitchers to talk shit to you, then you better not throw pitches belt high or swing at junk. They blew their load in game 1 and got punked as a result.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Runs given up in the last 12 games:

2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 3, 0, 3, 2, 5, 2, 2. 

We've only given up 5 runs once and 3 or less in all other games. Pitching staff has been really good lately. 

2 plus 2 plus.....carry your naught......

2.5 runs/game over that time.  I'll take that.

1 minute ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

2 plus 2 plus.....carry your naught......

2.5 runs/game over that time.  I'll take that.

You can win quite a few games in Omaha allowing 2.5 runs/game if you keep scoring 4-5.  Didn't even need my toes to do that math.