Tennessee Tech @ Texas: Austin Super Regional Thread

Horny Bull

36 minutes ago, BlueGreySky said:

aggy tears. just delicious.  didn't do a screen shot, but from one of their threads...

"at least we still have 3 of our teams going to Omaha."

we only dogpile in omaha. -Huston Street

difference in program expectations couldnt be further apart. f*ck you aggy.

Just now, Js1 said:

That would be "highest RPI 3 seed from the SECSECSEC" in the "easiest draw ever." Just to clarify.

They must be talking about getting Indiana as the 2-seed.  There's no way the Hoosiers could ever beat an SECSECSEC team like A&M, right?

LOL.  Body parts, how do they work?

Texan1976 said:
Couldn't be that he was coming off of Tommy John surgery in August of his sophomore year and was extremely limited? And he maybe weighs 185.

Oh, so it was an injury to a shoulder than caused him to hit a hundred points lower and 20 home runs fewer? I gotcha.

It's easy to succumb to combat fatigue, but sometimes a team has something special, and you can see it as it unfolds, even if human nature tells you to discount what you're seeing.  I think that's what's happening here.

We've been absolutely puckered about this pitching staff all season, but once these guys entered the post-season, they've been absolute nails (1.67 ERA).  Our fan's perspective is born of shell shock -- "oh shit, no way we can sustain this" -- but at some point you have to look at what's happening and conclude "maybe these guys have turned the corner".

This team can absolutely do some damage in Omaha even if they're nowhere near the baseball equivalent of VY and the 2005 NC team.

1 minute ago, UTexasFight said:

Why are you guys wasting time and energy on that waste of space website instead of celebrating and/or making Omaha plans?

Boggles the mind.

It's called multitasking, bro.

35 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

"Got all the calls...Kody on steroids...wahhh, showed opposing team the horns"...aggy is so predictable.

Wish we could release special UT-Omaha burnt orange balloons in Austin and have them land all around B/CS. Our very own bubble machine.

Each one accidentally filled with mustard gas, of course. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Why are you guys wasting time and energy on that waste of space website instead of celebrating and/or making Omaha plans?

Boggles the mind.

I'm with this guy. Get the fuck off TexAgs. If we clinch another trip to Omaha and your first second or third thought is "I wonder what the Ags think of this" then you can get fucked. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlueGreySky said:

aggy tears. just delicious.  didn't do a screen shot, but from one of their threads...

"at least we still have 3 of our teams going to Omaha."

el-oh-fucking-el.

Like... "Their" teams? What teams? Did A&M send 4 teams to the playoffs? How do they even have 4 baseball teams?

24 minutes ago, TornACL said:

I'm with this guy. Get the fuck off TexAgs. If we clinch another trip to Omaha and your first second or third thought is "I wonder what the Ags think of this" then you can get fucked. 

Get fucked. The dudes pulling posts from texags etc are doing God’s work, bathing in aggy tears is part of the fun 

• Like 4

This was a great series to watch, and I am pleasantly surprised we are going to Omaha (personally I think Augie has something to do with it 🤘). Overall, I think pitching held up for the most part, and our at bats improved throughout the weekend. 

The only thing is I hope Henley's performance today doesn't mess with his mental game in Omaha. 

• Like 1

We shut down the best offensive team in the nation today with these arms. 

1) Bocchi: Never pitched more than 4 innings in an outing at Texas.

2) Sawyer: A billion injuries and quit baseball for a couple years.

3) McGuire: Quit baseball for a couple years. Recruited as an IF.

4) Robinson: Pierce pretty much tried to push him out based on what I've read/pitched very little in his first two years. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Keith Moreland just said he thought PJR was the best/most valuable pitcher on the staff.  I'm not gonna argue with Keith about baseball.

PJR, McGuire, and Sawyer deserve a lot of credit. 

No Ridgeway and Diaz had disaster written all over it. 

Just imagine if we can get the good Ridgeway back next year. 

We shut down the best offensive team in the nation today with these arms. 

1) Bocchi: Never pitched more than 4 innings in an outing at Texas.

2) Sawyer: A billion injuries and quit baseball for a couple years.

3) McGuire: Quit baseball for a couple years. Recruited as an IF.

4) Robinson: Pierce pretty much tried to push him out based on what I've read/pitched very little in his first two years. 

And you left out the man who closed it out. The same guy who, on Saturday gave up nearly as many hits in 4.1 IP (9) than the rest of the staff gave up the rest of the weekend (10).

Edit: math is hard

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BlueGreySky said:

"Selection committee and the umpires gifted this CWS trip for yall! Ten Tech got hosed games 2 & 3 by a bunch of home cooking calls. I bet it feels good knowing you have the NCAA in your back pocket"

Yeah, by giving us you gashbags in the regional.

45 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Alright so I got to Tulsa Thursday then Minneapolis Wednesday... Looks like I'll do Tulsa to Omaha and Omaha to Minneapolis Wednesday!!! Horns uo

If I'm reading the bracket right, there is no chance we play Saturday, Monday, or Wednesday.