Tell me about Texas Tech

Longboard Horn

On 10/26/2023 at 1:39 PM, LTtxfan said:

Texas Tech and BYU Are Still Talking About the Spitting Penalty

A Texas Tech player was ejected from the game on Saturday for spitting on a BYU defensive end Tyler Batty

CASEY LUNDQUIST       2 HOURS AGO

During Saturday's game between Texas Tech and BYU, Texas Tech tight end Jayden York was ejected for spitting on BYU defensive end Tyler Batty. Batty met with the media after the game and he was asked about the spitting penalty.

"It was a field goal...I get up and this dude just comes out of nowhere and then spits in my face," Batty said. He continued, saying it wasn't the only time a Tech player spit in his face. "Actually to end the game. Their right tackle, number 76, did the same thing."

In the days following the game, few people on either side were talking about the spitting penalty. Then, Texas Tech head coach Joey McGuire defended Jayden York in an interview with the media on Wednesday.

"Jayden York said he did not do it," McGuire said. "I've seen every video, tv copy, I would ask y'all to go back and review the TV copy...if I spit in your face there would be a reaction and the reaction is you either wipe it off or you hit me in the mouth...just go watch the TV copy as a logical human being the conclusions that you draw."

McGuire's comments prompted BYU cornerback Eddie Heckard to post that Jayden York also spit on him earlier in the game. "He spit on me early in the game, it's on film too!" Heckard wrote.

BYUtv's Jarom Jordan looked back at the tape and found the play where York allegedly spit on Heckard. In the first quarter, York removes his mouthpiece, checks for a referee, then he appears to spit on Heckard who wears the number five jersey.

This isn't the first time a Texas Tech player has been accused of spitting on an opponent under head coach Joey McGuire. After the TaxAct Bowl last year, Ole Miss head coach Lane Kiffin accused a Tech player of spitting on one of his players.

Whether York spit on two BYU players or not, we may never know. It seems unlikely that two BYU players, who have never accused another player of spitting on them in the past, would falsely accuse a player of spitting on them. Regardless, it's moments like this that will create future rivalries in a Big 12 conference that has forced former strangers to live under the same roof. Saturday's game between Texas Tech and BYU was the first game between these two programs since the 1940's. Now that the Red Raiders and the Cougars are in the same conference, these two teams will play each other a lot more frequently. 

Up until this point, Big 12 fanbases have been united in their fight for survival and supremacy over the Pac-12. Now that games are being played and teams are losing games, those days are over.

Tech spits. aggy swallows. 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Bobby Burton this morning:

According to a high-ranking university source, Texas won't be playing any football or basketball regular season games vs B12 teams soon.  

"When Texas (and Oklahoma) first accepted the invitation to move into the SEC, Tech attempted to publicly negotiate an agreement with the Horns to continue playing an annual football game. The Red Raiders can now put those plans in the rear-view mirror."

https://ontexasfootball.com/news/monday-no-big-12-teams-on-future-schedule-r193/

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

LOLz.  Little Jimmy Chitwood and his  hustle boi routine has always been a shitbag. 

"This is just good basketball."   No it fucking is not.  It was not remotely part of the play, and it was deliberate.

Uncalled for on all fronts. Stop throwing shit you idiots. That type of mentality is why I don't care for Tech home games in any sport.  I have felt that way for a long time.

Edited by slorch

Amusing that nobody mentions Touissant is sprinting halfway across the floor to try and shove Cunningham in the back at full speed.. The reaction from Tech had way more to do with getting boat raced at home vs a rival rather than the actual foul. Should have been over after the ejection. 

10 minutes ago, ITHorn said:

Amusing that nobody mentions Touissant is sprinting halfway across the floor to try and shove Cunningham in the back at full speed.. The reaction from Tech had way more to do with getting boat raced at home vs a rival rather than the actual foul. Should have been over after the ejection. 

If the actual foul had not occurred,you might have a point. And how dare Toussaint defend his teammate against shenanigans.  How dare he, indeed.

Edited by slorch

31 minutes ago, slorch said:

If the actual foul had not occurred,you might have a point. And how dare Toussaint defend his teammate against shenanigans.  How dare he, indeed.

Sorry, Slorch. Both teams came in with the plan to bully the other. One succeeded. Tech should have just taken the “L”

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, statsman said:

Sorry, Slorch. Both teams came in with the plan to bully the other. One succeeded. Tech should have just taken the “L”

They got the L, either way.  Texas just exposed their ass in a different way.

1 hour ago, slorch said:

LOLz.  Little Jimmy Chitwood and his  hustle boi routine has always been a shitbag. 

"This is just good basketball."   No it fucking is not.  It was not remotely part of the play, and it was deliberate.

Uncalled for on all fronts. Stop throwing shit you idiots. That type of mentality is why I don't care for Tech home games in any sport.  I have felt that way for a long time.

Take the loss pussy.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

That was a dangerous play by Brock & completely intentional. That probably doesn't get a second glance in the 80's but there's no need for it in todays game, especially on the road and up 25. Tech fans being trashy is nothing new & letting the football coach that just got his ass reamed a few months ago give the pregame speech to hype up the crowd right before getting your ass reamed again was just *chef's kiss*. See you on the diamond next week where we'll go for the scoreboard triple crown.

2 hours ago, slorch said:

You talking to Brock?  LOlz.  Loser behavior is loser behavior.

Up 25 and headhunting.  Awesome fucking move.

Funny thing is the game has already taken up 4 hours of your day the following day getting pummeled on a Texas board. But Brock is the loser

Edited by Dennis Taylor

10 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Thank goodness this is the last time we have to travel to this shit hole. Bunch of fucking felons throwing shit at players.

Exactly. @closetojumping the white trash and rednecks are closer to your neck of the woods. 

The Horns keep moving up in civilized circles - SWC to Big XII to the SEC. 

12 minutes ago, Tomatillo said:

Exactly. @closetojumping the white trash and rednecks are closer to your neck of the woods. 

The Horns keep moving up in civilized circles - SWC to Big XII to the SEC. 

I already addressed that they're everywhere, just a higher concentration in the southeast than almost anywhere else. 

Also, thank Christ, Lubbock is nowhere near my "neck of the woods". Lubbock is as far from that as Memphis or Mobile and NOLA is a lot closer. Most of us not in the O&G space have nothing to do with that part of Texas and rarely go there.

15 minutes ago, slorch said:

Texas fans avoid the conflict by not even showing up.

What I want to know is how do the Tech fans plan to change the channel on their TV's after throwing all of their batteries at opposing team's players? Have they no forethought? At least the tortilla thing is pretty funny. 

Not to mention, basketball is simply a filler for that dreadful lull between football season ending and baseball really getting into the meat of the season. I can understand Tech fans getting into roundball with their recent success at it but it's pretty challenging to get Texas fans riled up over roundball after just winning 12 games and a conference championship with a CFP appearance. I mean, come on. It's basketball. The ball is at one end of the court for twelve whole seconds then it's at the other end for twelve seconds. Big whoop. 

46 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Looks like aggy lost out on a potential corps turd but alas with his academic limitations tech was apparently his dream school 

Screenshot_20240229-064357_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20240229-064751_Instagram.jpg

44 minutes ago, MontereyMX said:

where did that fucker go to high school?   gotta be from Kermit

Looks like he's from Maine of all places 

https://929theticket.com/2023-kvac-all-conference-class-a-and-b-baseball-teams-and-all-academic-teams/

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, ElChupacabra said:

What I want to know is how do the Tech fans plan to change the channel on their TV's after throwing all of their batteries at opposing team's players? Have they no forethought? At least the tortilla thing is pretty funny. 

Those arent triple A batteries they are hurling.

• Haha 2