Trump’s NFL Flag Bullshit Not Going Away

Hugo Stiglitz

5 minutes ago, slorch said:

Disagree.

It isn’t race based, as much as the lefties would love for everyone to believe.

I’m no fan of Xhris Long’s politics either. He. Ain’t that black...

What are you blathering about?

6 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

No way people are really boycotting Nike.

And like the other poster said: people boycotting are wearing Dad shoes (New Balance or Fila's from Kohl's), not hip/cool Nike shoes, to begin with. This is too funny.

How will Nike survive in the high-end athletic fashion business without that coveted angry, thrifty whites 65+ demographic?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BrickHorn said:

How will Nike survive in the high-end athletic fashion business without that coveted angry, thrifty whites 65+ demographic?

lol exactly. Nike knows who butters their bread.

THIS JUST IN: PLAYSTATION 4 is being BOYCOTTED by 65+ year old white people! I wonder if Fortnite will survive.

52 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

Did they?  Or did they just throw more gas on the fire?

I really don't see where Nike thinks there is an upside here.  But then, I never understood the logic of any corporation risking to alienate customers over a political position.  It doesn't matter which side you are on...that's just dumb business in my humble opinion.  Even if you think 99% of your customer base is in the same corner as you on the position, why even go there?  Where is the upside?

This is a 100% business decision. It will drive lots of sales.

1 hour ago, slorch said:

Disagree.

Right.  Calling players unamerican for protesting the killing of unarmed black people by police has nothing to do with race.  Give me a break.

1 hour ago, slorch said:

That one white dude ‘joining the cause’ will change things.

No it won’t

You're right, it wouldn't change, because the underlying issue is police killing of unarmed black people.  White conservatives think it's not a problem and that they all had it coming.  A white person who agrees with the cause will be called unamerican just like the rest.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Right.  Calling players unamerican for protesting the killing of unarmed black people by police has nothing to do with race.  Give me a break.

You're right, it wouldn't change, because the underlying issue is police killing of unarmed black people.  White conservatives think it's not a problem and that they all had it coming.  A white person who agrees with the cause will be called unamerican just like the rest.

Or even easier, they'll just be called a "leftie" and dismissed.

Because it's much easier, mentally, to just dismiss our country's problems and to blindly wave the flag and pretend that we're perfect. That's much more palatable to a certain segment of the population. That segment is full of people who are, at best, selfish jerks who just want to maintain their comfortable status quo, and at worst, are absolute cowards.

Edited by TornACL
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, slorch said:

That one white dude ‘joining the cause’ will change things.

No it won’t

agreed it won't. big money doesn't care and doesn't have a conscious 

people of color have unequal standing in our society on all levels. money doesn't have feelings and doesn't care. i'd rather the players just quit playing. that would be fantastic. end this stupid conversation and go all in. get the old days of the strike back and what have you. love it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, slorch said:

Disagree.

What of Chris Long's politics don't you like? he isn't a politician anyway. He is a guy donating his money to make try and make society better in any way he can. What of that bothers you?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, staboner said:

What of Chris Long's politics don't you like? he isn't a politician anyway. He is a guy donating his money to make try and make society better in any way he can. What of that bothers you?

Libtard, SJW, other conservative derogative.

• Haha 1

Shares of Nike fell 3.16% today. Great move Nike. Pissing off a good chunk of your customers for no good reason at all. Nike makes a ton of shit other than expensive basketball shoes. While shopping at Academy, I guarantee you there are going to be tons of people choosing Adidas or Under Armor for their workout shorts instead of Nike. That’s just one example. This might decimate their golf product line. Stupid

1 minute ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Shares of Nike fell 3.16% today. Great move Nike. Pissing off a good chunk of your customers for no good reason at all. Nike makes a ton of shit other than expensive basketball shoes. While shopping at Academy, I guarantee you there are going to be tons of people choosing Adidas or Under Armor for their workout shorts instead of Nike. That’s just one example. This might decimate their golf product line. Stupid

There are more people that are going to choose Nike around the world. This is a great move for them and they know it.

Edited by David Dennison

5 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

If there is one thing that Nike has proven over time, it is that they don't know anything about branding.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

I love when people do this. Like that idiot blowhard Clay Travis. Settle down.

There are more people that are going to choose Nike around the world. This is a great move for them and they know it.

Kaepernick has got Ahmadinejad on his side. I’m sure that will do wonders for sales. At least Dick’s Sporting Goods was responding to a good bit of heat when it came to gun sales and changed their policies as a result which has led to a decline in sales at their stores. This was a completely unforced error on Nike’s part. How would you feel as a stock owner of theirs today after what they’ve done.
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Kaepernick has got Ahmadinejad on his side. I’m sure that will do wonders for sales. At least Dick’s Sporting Goods was responding to a good bit of heat when it came to gun sales and changed their policies as a result which has led to a decline in sales at their stores. This was a completely unforced error on Nike’s part. How would you feel as a stock owner of theirs today after what they’ve done.

It's not an error. They won today.

The price is up after hours.

Edited by David Dennison

Just now, Iconoclast Texan said:

So today’s market reaction to Nike’s action is irrelevant in your eyes? It’s not dispositive or the final word on what the story will be but it is a snapshot.

You answered your own question.

This happens every fucking time Uptight Nation gets outraged.  OMG look Starbucks stock is down 1.5%  OMG look Harley Davidson is down!  OMG Look... Half the time, the stock move doesn't have anything to fucking do with whatever controversy du jour is afoot. Is this one coincidental or a reaction to the news? Probably not coincidental, but in the long run it doesn't make a shit.

Just now, Iconoclast Texan said:

So today’s market reaction to Nike’s action is irrelevant in your eyes? It’s not dispositive or the final word on what the story will be but it is a snapshot.

It's completely irrelevant. The market couldn't care less about Colin Kaepernick or what a small group of pissy white Americans think about him. Nike is a global brand. Most people around the world don't look like the people who are going to boycott Nike.

People around the world who hate when America was great (in the MAGA narrative), which is everyone, applaud this and view it positively. This means Nike wins, old white guys lose.

6 hours ago, slorch said:

Disagree.

Slorch gonna slorch

GOP Official Resigns After Calling Black NFL Players ‘Baboons’

I’m not the one who is proclaiming that this will improve sales like others have said. All I said was that it’s stupid to antagonize a sizable portion of your potential customer base. It’s a provocative move. As for jerseys, I liked Reebok’s a lot better than Nike’s and it has nothing to do with this bullshit. It’s not going to stop me from buying their gear

33 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Slorch gonna slorch

GOP Official Resigns After Calling Black NFL Players ‘Baboons’

so one person is a dumbass.  That's makes all of us dumbasses, right?

I just get sick of the lazy argument that people oppose Kap because he's black...and if Aaron Rodgers was doing it, we'd all love him.

I guess I never admired Earl Campbell, Darren Woodson,  or Larry Allen.   In hoops, i never liked Julius Erving or Jordan.  In baseball, I hate the Astros because of all the nonwhite players they keep trotting out there.

Barry Switzer, Bill Romanowski, baker mayfield, Johnny Hatecrime,  and Tommy Tuberville are my heroes.  They're fucking white, so it must be true!!!

Edited by slorch

1 hour ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

I've been a Nike stockholder for over 30 years. I'm all good. Plus Kaepernick is the best part of America, so I'm stoked about that too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

I’m not the one who is proclaiming that this will improve sales like others have said. All I said was that it’s stupid to antagonize a sizable portion of your potential customer base. It’s a provocative move. As for jerseys, I liked Reebok’s a lot better than Nike’s and it has nothing to do with this bullshit. It’s not going to stop me from buying their gear

You gonna wear your jersey to the Tulsa game?

8 hours ago, BabaBooey said:

Rocked those in the late 80's early 90's. Couldn't you swap the plastic pieces on the sides to different colors? Don't remember them looking so god awful, though.

They had 2 laces on each shoe IIRC.  That was their main gimmick. 

The real shit were Kangaroos. Keeping a quarter in your shoe pocket was the bomb. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Omg! Sell! Sell! Sell!

3 hours ago, David Dennison said:

It's completely irrelevant. The market couldn't care less about Colin Kaepernick or what a small group of pissy white Americans think about him. Nike is a global brand. Most people around the world don't look like the people who are going to boycott Nike.

And outside of Russia and Israel they all hate Donald Trump.

10 hours ago, David Dennison said:

The military vet, that inspired Kaepernick to protest, while showing respect, gives a personal point of view...

• Like 2

Not only that, but the memes will be hilarious, in abstract of the protest, that was made bigger by the NFL looking to "end all of this"...

40673779_2106930792686931_46556852611354
When your apparel supplier of all of your franchises, gives you a big middle finger, what can the NFL do..? Nike kinda put the owners in a political "bind"...

16 hours ago, 'stache said:

Wrong.

Police brutality is wrong and those who engage in it should be brought to justice.

That being said, protesting under the blanket of freedom the anthem represents and then saying the anthem "doesn't work" is complete hypocrisy.

Saying "Fuck you" to the owners or their employers in general hasn't a gotdamned thing to do with police brutality or injustice.  It was and always has been Kap trying to be some martyr or symbol.  Well, he is... for idiocy.

Edited by slorch

To be fair, the NFL hasn't handled it worth a damn either, nor has the media.

Let the kneelers kneel, I say.

Making someone stand for the anthem is about as un-American as it gets.  Trust me, i have rankled plenty of my friends/ family with this statement.

I do not believe they should be made to stand.  I also disagree with the absolute focus the media has on making sure every swinging dick who kneels is seen.  As a fan, IDGAF.