Longhorn Network

TXs

16 hours ago, Reese Bennett said:

Thank god that was the last game. Not only does Galindo suck, the damn camera people can't do the one thing you're supposed to do with crowd shots: find good looking college girls. I don't want to look at befuddled old people.

Are we sure that was the last game? I thought there were usually two games on that fucking network, one conference and one non-conference.

18 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Galindo was lost when Wyoming ran out their backup QB despite it being rumored all over social media for days that he was starting AND the fact he took all the first team snaps in pre-game warm-ups.  What a no talent hack.  

It was in the Wyoming papers on Friday. Lowell is a regard. 

• 2 months later...

I believe LHN had a profound effect on many things college football related. First that comes to mind is Nebraska and Colorado who havent sniffed any real relevance since leaving the Big12 and pretty much killing their Texas recruiting pipelines. Next is aggy and Mizzery running off to the SEC where neither have done anything of real significance, but at least Mizzou has won their division. (and because of LHN we didn't go PAC so we're coming back to torment little bro) Last but certainly not least is I think LHN indirectly led to the extinction of the Pac12. Yes, arrogance and lack of leadership foresight played a role, but if Texas, BloU, Okie Lite and Tech (possibly a couple others) were in the Pac I think the chances of it folding due to bad leadership are greatly reduced and it's the Big12 facing extinction, not the Pac.

That said, I'm both a little relieved and sad that the experiment is almost over. Relieved that I'll never have to worry about not having LHN when I want to switch steaming services/cable or move cities, sad that we won't have homer pre and post game shows for every football game. Oh, and also some good baseball, basketball and volleyball coverage. I know there has to be some Longhorn retiree out there who recorded every single minute of LHN from the moment it went live till July 31 2023, (or at least the football related stuff) so clips from the past should show up on the internets for many years to come. Good night sweet prince.

• Hook 'Em 5

31 minutes ago, UThomas said:

Good article.  Some spin by ESPN staffers, but I loved that it started w how it was offered to ATM first and they turned it down

All of that is  omitted by aggy  and their media mouthpieces around the state when they blame us for everything .   I’m surprised it made the article much less the first part. 

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

I will miss the post game show for football. It’s nice having commentators only talking about your game. I guess we’ll get that with the SEC Network but it will be a lot of shared time and mouth breathing. I’m going to assume most of our basketball and baseball games will now be on SECN or ESPN+. 

It would be cool if they could just migrate all that  stuff to streaming.   

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, UThomas said:

Good article.  Some spin by ESPN staffers, but I loved that it started w how it was offered to ATM first and they turned it down

This little note just earned the article a read from me. I'm sick and tired of the low hanging fruit that gets grabbed anytime LHN is discussed and the fact that A&M and prior to that Nebraska was offered a Big 12 conference network which both of them turned down. I forget the name of the conference commish who was especially focused on starting a conference network and eventually left for the Big 10 to start their network once our Big 12 compatriots turned him down. This never gets mentioned when realignment talk gets going and it predictably devolves into how we are the catalysts for all that is bad in college football. I believe he tried to get the ball going early in the conference's formation. Just think about a world where the conference has it's own network in the late 90s and early 00s. Back when the Big 12 south was thought to be formidable. This was before ESPN started their brand management work for the SEC, maybe the Big 12s success during that time would've ignited something and allowed Nebraska, Colorado, and even Kansas St to further develop and maintain some prominence.  

Edited by Catdaddyhorn
  • Hook 'Em 5

3 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

It would be cool if they could just migrate all that  stuff to streaming.   

Too much overhead and salaries, I guess. No one else would have a postgame like we did. It's also just cool to hear Brian Robison, Michael Griffin, and Fozzy Whittaker talk about UT football after a game. Plus, you get the immediate Sark postgame press conference. Plus the stupid awards were always fun to see. 

• Hook 'Em 6

7 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Too much overhead and salaries, I guess. No one else would have a postgame like we did. It's also just cool to hear Brian Robison, Michael Griffin, and Fozzy Whittaker talk about UT football after a game. Plus, you get the immediate Sark postgame press conference. Plus the stupid awards were always fun to see. 

The Jammer!  The VY!  The Peschel!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1