This is a man. He's over 40. He's a man.

kopp0e

On 10/24/2023 at 3:17 PM, 'stache said:

Looks like ISU, KU, and BYU are the only common opponents and all three are close in the standings with ISU currently at the top of that group. The scenario though requires OU, OSU, and UT to win out which includes those three opponents. It’s too early for me to have the bandwidth to work through those scenarios. Let’s all just hope KU beats OU first.

Anything else that you hope happens?  And is there a line in Vegas on it?

1 minute ago, Sandman said:

I'm always a pessimist when it comes to bedlam, so no. I think our DBs give up too many big plays and that Gabriel will have a good game, throwing it over the top of the defense for TDs.

This is the way.  Our DC seems to make consistently good adjustments for the 2H, but OU has the firepower to put us in a big hole before the secondary settles in + Nardo adjusts.  OU coming off a loss so I expect them to be sharp and motivated beyond just the final bedlam.  

On the other hand we recently beat the team that took them down today, the oline suddenly looks serviceable, OGII ran for 200+ against a top run D, and Bowman looks more comfortable in the pocket.  

Just too much history for me to expect anything less than hope rising triumphantly only for it to mercilessly crush my wary spirit.  

14 minutes ago, Sandman said:

I'm always a pessimist when it comes to bedlam, so no. I think our DBs give up too many big plays and that Gabriel will have a good game, throwing it over the top of the defense for TDs.

Just kidding... Gordon has been amazing for okie lite.  

7 minutes ago, Homercles said:

This is the way.  Our DC seems to make consistently good adjustments for the 2H, but OU has the firepower to put us in a big hole before the secondary settles in + Nardo adjusts.  OU coming off a loss so I expect them to be sharp and motivated beyond just the final bedlam.  

On the other hand we recently beat the team that took them down today, the oline suddenly looks serviceable, OGII ran for 200+ against a top run D, and Bowman looks more comfortable in the pocket.  

Just too much history for me to expect anything less than hope rising triumphantly only for it to mercilessly crush my wary spirit.  

Big part might be whether injured blOU LB is healthy enough for Bedlam.

1 hour ago, Sandman said:

If the wind isn't blowing 50 mph, OSU is getting they ass kicked.

32 minutes ago, Ashylarry said:

Texas vs Okie state for the big 12 title

Come at me bro 

I'm buying non-refundable first class tickets.

Matt Barrie said on video Gordon for Heisman

Oklahoma State rides surging RB Ollie Gordon into Bedlam

Chris Low,   ESPN  Oct 29, 2023

STILLWATER, Okla. -- The final Bedlam for the foreseeable future looks markedly different for Oklahoma State than it did a month ago.

The Cowboys, who raced past Cincinnati 45-13 on Saturday thanks to a 35-point second half, have won four straight games, sit in a five-way tie atop the Big 12 standings and have a running back putting up Barry Sanders-like numbers.

"It's great. The team chemistry, the team bonding ... everything's getting better, and as we grow closer to each other, nobody can stop us," said Ollie Gordon II, who rushed for 271 yards on 25 carries and scored two touchdowns.

The Cowboys (6-2, 4-1 Big 12) look nothing like they did to close out September, when they lost back-to-back games to South Alabama and Iowa State. A bye week ensued, and the biggest difference once the calendar flipped to October was that Gordon became the Cowboys' go-to running back.

And he took off.

"We saw a glimpse when we played West Virginia last November," Oklahoma State offensive coordinator Kasey Dunn said about Gordon's potential. "I kind of joke, but it's like trying to tackle a giraffe. The guy is so long. He's got limbs everywhere, and he's still really powerful. If you stand behind him and practice, there's freaking muscles everywhere. I hate saying awkward, but he's got this awkwardness that it's hard to tackle and then he's got enough speed to put it in the end zone like we saw tonight. So right now, he's playing with a lot of confidence, and the offensive line's blocking with a lot of confidence."

Gordon, a 6-foot-1, 211-pound sophomore, was coming off a 282-yard performance in the win over West Virginia a week ago. He and Sanders (1988) are the only two players in program history with back-to-back games of 250-plus rushing yards. Sanders' 1988 season is widely regarded as the best individual season in college football history when he rushed for 2,850 yards, scored 44 touchdowns and broke 34 records.

Gordon, who carried the ball just 19 times in the first three games this season, is one of only two FBS players over the past 20 seasons with 250 scrimmage yards in three straight games. Boston College's Andre Williams also did it in 2013. Two weeks ago in a 39-32 win over Kansas, Gordon had 168 rushing yards and 116 receiving yards.

He has had five straight 100-yard rushing performances, piling up 978 yards in those five games while averaging 8.01 yards per carry during that stretch.

Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy played with Sanders and Thurman Thomas in college and delivered a stern message to Gordon in the first half after he lost a fumble and showed his frustration and emotion on the sideline.

"There's a lot of pressure involved, and he's a very prideful young man, and that's good," Gundy said. "But what I shared with him is that I've been around the greatest running backs to ever play this game. None of them did that. They all learn to keep their composure."

That's exactly what Gordon did in rushing for more than 200 yards in the second half for the second straight week.

"He's still young and he's got a long ways to go in his career, but he has changed considerably over the last five weeks with us condensing our running game," Gundy said. "He's not arrived, but we have to give him credit for what he's done. It's not like it's the first game he's done this, but I've told him and I'll tell him again when I see him tomorrow or Monday. He has to stay hungry, and he has to stay humble -- period -- or he'll get his block knocked off."

After the game, Gordon was holding a large bouquet of roses given to him by his mother and aunt. Chants of "Ollie, Ollie" filled a rainy Boone Pickens Stadium when he left the field.

Gordon said hearing his name mentioned in the same sentence with Sanders is surreal, but he is not about to get ahead of himself. As much as anything, he wanted to talk about his offensive line late Saturday night.

"It's great to be talked about with greats like Barry Sanders. I mean, he won a Heisman Trophy and is one of the best to ever do it," Gordon said. "It's a special feeling, but I couldn't do any of it without the guys in front of me. They're the ones who deserve all the praise."

Oklahoma State quarterback Alan Bowman said watching the entire running game click the way it has for the past month has been amazing.

"I've got the best seat in the house to watch it, and it's been pretty cool," Bowman said.

Nobody needs to tell Gordon or any of the Oklahoma State players that next Saturday's game with Oklahoma will be the last chance they get at the Sooners, at least in the regular season. With Oklahoma, which has won 17 of the past 20 meetings in the series, moving to the SEC in 2024, the two rivals aren't expected to meet again anytime soon.

Gordon, asked what he expected from the last Bedlam in a while, said simply, "I expect the Pokes to come out on top." 

I don't know what to think about this game.

OU has looked like shit in their only two road games this year, but as it always happens, I expect them to look awesome on Saturday.

Our young safties will give up 2-3 long TD passes for sure... just hope it's ONLY 2-3 and we can do enough other good stuff (Ollie Gordon) to offset it.

Obviously we can't turn it over at all and our special teams, which looked fantastic all year, has all of a sudden looked shaky the past two weeks. Need to clean that up. 

Who the hell knows. I don't feel good right now but I'll probably convince myself we have a chance by the end of the week and then we'll predictably lose in some excruciating way.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Our young safties will give up 2-3 long TD passes for sure... just hope it's ONLY 2-3

OU fans are PISSED bc Lebby barely called any downfield throws for Gabriel against KU.

Will be interesting to see if he does the total opposite against OSU

14 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

Okie State better start putting Gordon on a pitch count in some of these blowouts.  They are going to break him.  He is special.

LOL well we did put him on a pitch count when Gundy was treating the first three games like the NFL preseason:

• vs. Central Arkansas - 7 carries
  • vs. Arizona State - 9 carries
  • vs. South Alabama - 3 carries

But yeah I tend to agree. Hopefully a few of those games after Bedlam we can win comfortably and take some of his workload. 

16 minutes ago, Js1 said:

OU fans are PISSED bc Lebby barely called any downfield throws for Gabriel against KU.

Will be interesting to see if he does the total opposite against OSU

I'm sure fans were bitching about that, but if KU played them defensively similar to how they played us, they had their safeties WAY back for the whole game looking to prevent downfield passing plays.  So we basically didn't throw downfield against them either; we just picked them apart underneath and then with runs and screens to Gordon. 

We tend to not play our safties deep which is one reason (along with youth) that have gotten burned somewhat often. 

If they don't throw it downfield against us, there may be something wrong physically with Gabriel. Either that, or Lebby is actually as dumb as he looks.

Edited by oSuJeff97

4 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Matt Barrie said on video Gordon for Heisman

Oklahoma State rides surging RB Ollie Gordon into Bedlam

Chris Low,   ESPN  Oct 29, 2023

STILLWATER, Okla. -- The final Bedlam for the foreseeable future looks markedly different for Oklahoma State than it did a month ago.

The Cowboys, who raced past Cincinnati 45-13 on Saturday thanks to a 35-point second half, have won four straight games, sit in a five-way tie atop the Big 12 standings and have a running back putting up Barry Sanders-like numbers.

"It's great. The team chemistry, the team bonding ... everything's getting better, and as we grow closer to each other, nobody can stop us," said Ollie Gordon II, who rushed for 271 yards on 25 carries and scored two touchdowns.

The Cowboys (6-2, 4-1 Big 12) look nothing like they did to close out September, when they lost back-to-back games to South Alabama and Iowa State. A bye week ensued, and the biggest difference once the calendar flipped to October was that Gordon became the Cowboys' go-to running back.

And he took off.

"We saw a glimpse when we played West Virginia last November," Oklahoma State offensive coordinator Kasey Dunn said about Gordon's potential. "I kind of joke, but it's like trying to tackle a giraffe. The guy is so long. He's got limbs everywhere, and he's still really powerful. If you stand behind him and practice, there's freaking muscles everywhere. I hate saying awkward, but he's got this awkwardness that it's hard to tackle and then he's got enough speed to put it in the end zone like we saw tonight. So right now, he's playing with a lot of confidence, and the offensive line's blocking with a lot of confidence."

Gordon, a 6-foot-1, 211-pound sophomore, was coming off a 282-yard performance in the win over West Virginia a week ago. He and Sanders (1988) are the only two players in program history with back-to-back games of 250-plus rushing yards. Sanders' 1988 season is widely regarded as the best individual season in college football history when he rushed for 2,850 yards, scored 44 touchdowns and broke 34 records.

Gordon, who carried the ball just 19 times in the first three games this season, is one of only two FBS players over the past 20 seasons with 250 scrimmage yards in three straight games. Boston College's Andre Williams also did it in 2013. Two weeks ago in a 39-32 win over Kansas, Gordon had 168 rushing yards and 116 receiving yards.

He has had five straight 100-yard rushing performances, piling up 978 yards in those five games while averaging 8.01 yards per carry during that stretch.

Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy played with Sanders and Thurman Thomas in college and delivered a stern message to Gordon in the first half after he lost a fumble and showed his frustration and emotion on the sideline.

"There's a lot of pressure involved, and he's a very prideful young man, and that's good," Gundy said. "But what I shared with him is that I've been around the greatest running backs to ever play this game. None of them did that. They all learn to keep their composure."

That's exactly what Gordon did in rushing for more than 200 yards in the second half for the second straight week.

"He's still young and he's got a long ways to go in his career, but he has changed considerably over the last five weeks with us condensing our running game," Gundy said. "He's not arrived, but we have to give him credit for what he's done. It's not like it's the first game he's done this, but I've told him and I'll tell him again when I see him tomorrow or Monday. He has to stay hungry, and he has to stay humble -- period -- or he'll get his block knocked off."

After the game, Gordon was holding a large bouquet of roses given to him by his mother and aunt. Chants of "Ollie, Ollie" filled a rainy Boone Pickens Stadium when he left the field.

Gordon said hearing his name mentioned in the same sentence with Sanders is surreal, but he is not about to get ahead of himself. As much as anything, he wanted to talk about his offensive line late Saturday night.

"It's great to be talked about with greats like Barry Sanders. I mean, he won a Heisman Trophy and is one of the best to ever do it," Gordon said. "It's a special feeling, but I couldn't do any of it without the guys in front of me. They're the ones who deserve all the praise."

Oklahoma State quarterback Alan Bowman said watching the entire running game click the way it has for the past month has been amazing.

"I've got the best seat in the house to watch it, and it's been pretty cool," Bowman said.

Nobody needs to tell Gordon or any of the Oklahoma State players that next Saturday's game with Oklahoma will be the last chance they get at the Sooners, at least in the regular season. With Oklahoma, which has won 17 of the past 20 meetings in the series, moving to the SEC in 2024, the two rivals aren't expected to meet again anytime soon.

Gordon, asked what he expected from the last Bedlam in a while, said simply, "I expect the Pokes to come out on top." 

Gordon's school played our Westlake team three seasons ago. It would take 2-3 guys to bring him down. He even threw a really long completion. After the game, I was sorry that he wasn't coming to UT. Dude is a special talent.  

10 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I mean… Gundy’s percentages are obviously way off, but that’s a fucking dumb ass joke considering every hunter, construction worker and prison inmate in this state is a fucking OU t-shirt fan.

You go to any shitty truck stop/convenient store in this state and all you’ll find is a shit ton of OU gear… especially in camo, lol. 

• Like 1

Yeah he’ll earn his pay if he can get the team refocused quickly for a road trip to UCF.  Paper stats about run defense and records go out the window if you come in flat expecting to win easily.  Most of this win streak came in friendly confines of BPS.  

Regarding Ollie, I sure caught myself thinking ‘don’t you want more of this?’ as fans carried him around and shouted his name from the stands all game.  Been amazed how hard the fans turned out all season even when it was bordering on disaster. 

Then again I didn’t expect Spencer to leave either.  That being said, bowman is such an upgrade insofar as he (mostly) avoids the turnovers and general rollercoaster that SS was…just what’s needed for a run-first offense.  

I assume his workload will decrease these last three games. We need to take care of business though without him, either throw more, or get Jaden Nixon and Elijah Collins going. Gundy said both are practicing good but you had to ride the hot hand in Gordon. I'm not as optimistic but we need to control his workload these last three games.  

On 11/6/2023 at 3:20 PM, 'stache said:

I assume his workload will decrease these last three games. We need to take care of business though without him, either throw more, or get Jaden Nixon and Elijah Collins going. Gundy said both are practicing good but you had to ride the hot hand in Gordon. I'm not as optimistic but we need to control his workload these last three games.  

UCF and Houston are the two worst defenses in the league. If there was ever a time we could get Ollie a breather and get Nixon/Collins a boat-load of carries, it should be the next few weeks.

Both teams will likely move the ball and score some points, but as long as we don't dick around and turn it over several times, I think we'll be fine.  I mean, West Virginia is considerably better than both of those teams and we handled Morgantown OK... 

That said... this is OSU we're talking about, so who the fuck knows.

• Like 1