Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

1 hour ago, StassneyHorn said:

Why is our RS sophomore QB not showing the poise of a 5th or 6 year senior is the argument? I think he could be better but it’s silly to write him off, just as it is to say Maalik isn’t ready

Technically he is a RS sophomore, but having to change systems after the RS year means he's really not even that.  Like most of you, I don't understand the premature comparisons to QBs who have vastly more experience and are having career years.

• Hook 'Em 1

Game winning drive or not he was nails in the fourth quarter at Bama, versus OU, against TCU and last night. 

people are worried about this team against superior talent because of the play against murderer’s row but I actually think he plays better against stronger competition. It’s like he has adhd or something and it doesn’t truly come together until it has to. That to me is his biggest weakness - total complete games where it might not really be needed.  

Bama we basically ran it out the last 7 minutes. He had a nice finish the drive before. The throw to end TCU depends on perspective. Mitchell was wide open and made a great catch. He was good last night but protection was too and receivers were open.

Like MM or not, we scored late to beat Houston and got the late FG versus KSU to take the lead after he made the big throw to Sanders on 4th.

I don’t think there’s enough yet to consider him a gamer.

yeah I don't care who is leaving or staying, if Quinn stays, we're preseason top 5, year 1 in the SEC.

Excited Hell Yeah GIF by reactionseditor

2 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Bama we basically ran it out the last 7 minutes. He had a nice finish the drive before. The throw to end TCU depends on perspective. Mitchell was wide open and made a great catch. He was good last night but protection was too and receivers were open.

Like MM or not, we scored late to beat Houston and got the late FG versus KSU to take the lead after he made the big throw to Sanders on 4th.

I don’t think there’s enough yet to consider him a gamer.

I completely disagree.

• Hook 'Em 2

46 minutes ago, Victor Lazlo said:

Derka wakes up and decides that he feels like arguing today.

Posters that should know better take the bait, and we have a multiple page thread derail.

Same as it ever was.

to be fair, that's the dynamic that makes an audience for sports talk radio and the silly sports talk shows on TV.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

2-0 in road games, at night, in hostile environs with the season on the line and that’s just the last two weeks. All while playing injured. Analytic this shit to death all you want, but he’s a fucking gamer and again a primary reason we have such lofty goals still in sight. 

lolz wins in Tuscaloosa and he isn’t a gamer. Gtfo 

yeah I was kinda wtf, that has to be a parody of the last few hours of back and forth, no? geez.

Just now, troph said:

yeah I was kinda wtf, that has to be a parody of the last few hours of back and forth, no? geez.

Some people will look for every possible reason to play the contrarian, even creating their own false reality that rejects empirical evidence already in hand. That or they are such entrenched absolutists that they would argue that Robert Horry is simply the greatest NBAer to ever live, with no hint of irony.  

• Hook 'Em 3

ISU last year to Worthy.  Could have been OU, but Sark stopped throwing the ball. He is top 3 in the nation in 4Q QBR . He did carry Texas vs Bama. The passing game is the focus of every defense Texas faces, so I am not sure I understand the criticism he doesn’t carry the team.

He’s got 4 potential 1st rounders on offense with him along with Brooks and #1 recruit Baxter. Worthy is open all the damn time. We won 2 games without him including against possibly the second best team on our schedule.

You are right. He did lead a final drive vs ISU. 9 runs, 2 passes. A great grab by Bijan on one, and Worthy absolutely abusing the DB in the other. Maybe he did versus Baylor too.

He doesn’t carry the fucking team and that’s a disservice to every other member of that team that does their

3 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

He’s got 4 potential 1st rounders on offense with him along with Brooks and #1 recruit Baxter. Worthy is open all the damn time. We won 2 games without him including against possibly the second best team on our schedule.

You are right. He did lead a final drive vs ISU. 9 runs, 2 passes. A great grab by Bijan on one, and Worthy absolutely abusing the DB in the other. Maybe he did versus Baylor too.

He doesn’t carry the fucking team and that’s a disservice to every other member of that team that does their

Posting this again as maybe the previous 4 identical posts didn’t make your point for you. 

My opinion, though basically worthless is this.  1) Quinn came back a little too soon.  He's not all the way healthy and his under throws have been both scary and ground gaining on interference calls. 2) IMHO he came back early because he wants to go pro, and playing dinged up is better than not playing, for a number of reasons.

Now maybe it a burning desire to play? Or he thought he was healthier than he was? He played hurt when he should have come out to begin with so thre is certainly an argument for that. Maybe he's just an uber competitor and can't stand not being on the field, again played injured, so argument for that.  But in my mind he refocused this season because he thought the could make the leap next year.  And sitting on the bench, is not going to get him to that goal.

But a win, is a win, is a win.  But fuck, can't we ever just put up points and put the hammer down on offense? 

On a positive note, the uncertainty of our games is helping keep the Jack Daniels Distillery chugging along!

8 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

He threw the TD pass to Worthy on 4th down to take the lead. Didn’t say he lead that drive, but that was a clutch finish.  Quinn is responsible for the most integral part of the Texas offense this year, the pass game. So he gets a lot of credit. Based on your comments describing the Bama game, where Quinn threw for over 9 yards an attempt and the running game went for 2.8, we are just not going to see eye to eye on this 

• Hook 'Em 1

Hey y'all I have a personal favor to ask everyone on this board. Please mute shadow op. If you won't do it for yourself, do it for me. 

7 hours ago, Codaxx said:

People have criticized Quinn for his lack of emotion, but it is really one of his greatest attributes. He wasn’t very good in the 1, though neither was Sark’s script (I have noticed Quinn locks on more during the script). He was straight bad vs OU in the 1Q. He rallied to look excellent in the 2nd half of both games. Texas is a 10 win team and the offensive success is centered around the passing game, yet people are constantly bitching. Think about the difference from last year to this year. The 2022 team saw every defense loading the box and daring Quinn to beat them. This year every team plays the pass and gives Texas honest numbers in the run game. Quinn is the MVP of this offense 

Personally I'd still give offensive MVP to Worthy. He's so good. And I realize this is the Quinn thread, so sorry for the diatribe. All defenses schemed to shut him down in the first half of the year. And now his stats are showing up because it didn't work. X won't be a beloved legend because of his... well, let's just call them some unfortunate moments. And those are mistakes that are fair to criticize. But the dude warps entire game plans and game flows like not many other Longhorns have. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Y'all trying to make sense of Derka's "logic" need to sit back, take a breath, and recognize that the value he brings to this board is limited to when he's not here he's scouring a couple dozen onlyfans accounts for pics to upload which guarantees him +rep. If you don't like soft core pron then put him on ignore.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Y'all trying to make sense of Derka's "logic" need to sit back, take a breath, and recognize that the value he brings to this board is limited to when he's not here he's scouring a couple dozen onlyfans accounts for pics to upload which guarantees him +rep. If you don't like soft core pron then put him on ignore.

Wrong shadow operative. That’s 2.0

• Like 1

he doesn't carry the team in the sense that no one else is balling, of course not. but he is the starting QB on a 10-1 team with a balanced offensive attack that requires he perform well.

I never said otherwise. The #1 objective is to win.

We are more talented than all but Bama on our schedule. QE is part of that talent. When we’re on fire, he’s generally part of that. When we’re not, he’s part of it too. We also scored 30 points versus KSU while pissing down our leg. We’ve had a ton of injuries. We’re a team in every sense of that word. That’s our strength.

As for the gamer comment, I’m looking at it from an NFL prospect consideration. Down by 6 with a minute left. Down by 3 with 30 seconds. Down by say 38-26 with 5 minutes left. There is not much there at this time.
I’m not sure they’ll say wow you beat .500 ISU and TCU on the road with a more talented roster, but it was his elevated play that carried them to victory.

Don’t confuse that with the fact that we just need to win. I’d prefer looking great but will take winning ugly.

30 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

You think he had a girlfriend in HS?!?

I love that I got that same response from 3 of yall. Don't know the guy, but there is clearly some truth behind it.

Let me put forth a new and improved conjecture:

He had (and still has) the same trailer park mullet as Quinn in high school, but instead of finding it ironically cool, his classmates gave him swirlies.

IDK, how can anyone spew so much hate for Quinn at this point? The fucker is doing what it takes to win and he's playing hurt because he knows we need him.

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Hey y'all I have a personal favor to ask everyone on this board. Please mute shadow op. If you won't do it for yourself, do it for me. 

Personally I'd still give offensive MVP to Worthy. He's so good. And I realize this is the Quinn thread, so sorry for the diatribe. All defenses schemed to shut him down in the first half of the year. And now his stats are showing up because it didn't work. X won't be a beloved legend because of his... well, let's just call them some unfortunate moments. And those are mistakes that are fair to criticize. But the dude warps entire game plans and game flows like not many other Longhorns have. 

I don’t have an issue with that. Worthy definitely gets his share of bracket coverage. The passing game is the driver in this seasons offense, so Worthy or Quinn works. People want to discredit Quinn, because there is talent on the team. It’s like saying Joe Montana sucks, because Jerry Rice bailed his ass out. 99% of QBs need talent around them to succeed

Edited by Codaxx

1 minute ago, Jkwellborn said:

Come again?

What I didn’t write well at all was: QE will be drafted. For fucks sake an NFL team actually drafted a guy that was in a coma towards the end of the draft. My point was he will get drafted. None of us know what he will do in the NFL. When he makes it. I am shitty at explaining an already shitty post. 

What I didn’t write well at all was: QE will be drafted. For fucks sake an NFL team actually drafted a guy that was in a coma towards the end of the draft. My point was he will get drafted. None of us know what he will do in the NFL. When he makes it. I am shitty at explaining an already shitty post. 

Yeah, the coma part was what I was asking about. Yes, Quinn will be drafted. I don’t think stating that Whittington will get an NFL shot before QE should be a surprise. Whit is done this year and I feel like QE comes back.

I don’t have an issue with that. Worthy definitely gets his share of bracket coverage. The passing game is the driver in this seasons offense, so Worthy or Quinn works. People want to discredit Quinn, because there is talent on the team. It’s like saying Joe Montana sucks, because Jerry Rice bailed his ass out. 99% of QBs need talent around them to succeed

All QBs not just 99%.

Do you believe that Bama and OU game planned to allow the run in favor of pass defense?

The 2.8 YPC versus Bama indicates otherwise. So you make it seem that everyone is so scared of Ewers that every team is doing something different. That’s not really true. TCU and ISU ran their stuff did they not? KSU got lit up. We don’t know that is because Murphy was playing.

16 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

All QBs not just 99%.

Do you believe that Bama and OU game planned to allow the run in favor of pass defense?

The 2.8 YPC versus Bama indicates otherwise. So you make it seem that everyone is so scared of Ewers that every team is doing something different. That’s not really true. TCU and ISU ran their stuff did they not? KSU got lit up. We don’t know that is because Murphy was playing.

OU definitely. Bama is questionable. They don’t really make major changes to what they do. It’s one the perks to having 8-9 NFL players every year.  Just because the OL struggled doesn’t mean that was the focus of the defense.. Texas played Bama in the NC and generally saw light boxes and could not run the ball. KSU was definitely different. They ran press early, because Ewers was out. They don’t run that with Ewers in 

36 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

All QBs not just 99%.

Bama ran their normal stuff and paid for it as QE lit them up. Every single other person we played with QE at the Helm stayed in coverage. Both BYU and KSU started their games trying to take away the run and make MM beat them. He saw 1 on 1 coverage on Worthy and AD. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, immamac said:

Imagine being this guy. Now snap the fuck out of it and realize it’s you derka. 

8 hours ago, Longhornlove said:

Frustrated Buzz Lightyear GIF

7 hours ago, LonghornBreeder said:

Such hyperbole. Did Quinn bang your girl in HS or something?

5 hours ago, Herbie Hancock said:

I don't approve of the people that follow you around this board antagonizing you, but I now fully understand it. Jesus tittyfuckin Christ man

5 hours ago, MotownHorn said:

Man you just can't help yourself, huh?

5 hours ago, MotownHorn said:

Congrats. You win Dumbest Take of the Day today.

You can stop trying so hard now. Rest up, enjoy your W here today, and come back with another dumb take tomorrow!

4 hours ago, WinningIsHard said:

Humor Boomer GIF

quinn is calm as fuck and completes 70% of his passes. Dak is neither smart nor accurate and is making $40 million a year as a starter for the cowboys as we speak. He fucking sucks. Are you doing some social experiment to see the reactions of really shitty takes? 

4 hours ago, troph said:

I honestly don’t see anyone attacking you. Folks are adamant you’re wrong. That’s not attacking, that’s disagreeing. 

you missed all of that above???

17 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

you missed all of that above???

I wouldn't say I attacked you. Did I make fun of your incredibly bad opinion? Of course I did, what else am I supposed to do? Go see what some people post in the CR when they don't like someones' opinion. Those are attacks, this is just friendly banter.