Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d762h6bsrgwhjwjrqssr1vttf9u7ylfzllvksk72ut&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

You are so winning this thread dude. Keep up the fantastic work and go take a look in the mirror and tell yourself “you got this bro, the world needs you to plant this flag”. We’re all better off for your contributions here.

He’s not the best QB we’ve ever had and he certainly could’ve had a better season. He’s also made some great plays and had some gutty performances on the way to an 11-1 season and is going to get drafted and have a chance to play in the NFL whether it’s after this season or next.

Maybe just relax and let people hype up their qb if they want. Or be a threadshitter admonishing everyone and acting like you’re a superior fan for pointing out and harping on our players’ flaws while we’re having our best season in 14 years, whatever. I guess you must get something out of it to keep doing it.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Drifterwood said:

You are so winning this thread dude. Keep up the fantastic work and go take a look in the mirror and tell yourself “you got this bro, the world needs you to plant this flag”. We’re all better off for your contributions here.

He’s not the best QB we’ve ever had and he certainly could’ve had a better season. He’s also made some great plays and had some gutty performances on the way to an 11-1 season and is going to get drafted and have a chance to play in the NFL whether it’s after this season or next.

Maybe just relax and let people hype up their qb if they want. Or be a threadshitter admonishing everyone and acting like you’re a superior fan for pointing out and harping on our players’ flaws while we’re having our best season in 14 years, whatever. I guess you must get something out of it to keep doing it.

you’re allowed to have your opinion on the matter and i’m allowed to have mine. the main difference is that im not going to devote countless paragraphs to whining about you having a differing opinion. having a differing opinion than you is not thread shitting, i’ve never acted like a “superior fan”, and i haven’t “admonished” anyone for anything other than taking the thread off topic to whine about other people’s posts.

once again: this is not a safe space, and you are not the thread police. if you disagree with my take then either engage me in substantive discussion or read it and move on. stop with all of the whining and self victimization. i thought you guys hated it when people do that. 

There are a lot of posters who have become overly critical of Ewers. It really is ridiculous.

When you see what happened with Maalik at QB, and what other programs like Tennessee roll out at QB, it becomes pretty obvious that Ewers is a very good QB.

The throws he’s able to make open up the offense in ways that would otherwise be impossible.

No QB plays mistake free. Is he Heisman quality right now? No. But, the overly negative opinions simply identify the posters who don’t really know much about the game. Thanks for making it so easy to ID the football idiots.  

• Hook 'Em 3

17 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

But, the overly negative opinions simply identify the posters who don’t really know much about the game.

i’ve asked this before, but ill try again: can you please just cite a couple references here? again, like i said upthread, this thread treats, “his pocket presence needs improvement” as if someone said that QE is fucking horrible. countless numbers of you are you are getting upset and being insulting towards other posters, but you won’t even quote a single post and respond to it with a rebuttal. if you think people are being overly negative to the point where you’re insulting them, can you at least be specific about it? quote it? refute it? cite an example?

Edited by shadow_operative

23 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

it becomes pretty obvious that Ewers is a very good QB.

he’s a talented but inconsistent QB who has pretty good stats thanks in large part to his outstanding supporting cast of players and coaches. he’s probably not one of the 10 best players on his own team, his accuracy, footwork, and pocket presence have all been issues for two seasons now, and yet this thread is full of people talking about the heisman and calling him a Longhorn legend. whenever people push back on these takes people like you bombasticize their responses and allude to them being stupid haters who just want to be miserable. im sorry, but it is not overly critical to push back on the idea that QE is some legendary, future heisman contending, “very good” QB. it’s just a differing opinion.

7 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

he’s a talented but inconsistent QB who has pretty good stats thanks in large part to his outstanding supporting cast of players and coaches. he’s probably not one of the 10 best players on his own team, his accuracy, footwork, and pocket presence have all been issues for two seasons now, and yet this thread is full of people talking about the heisman and calling him a Longhorn legend. whenever people push back on these takes people like you bombasticize their responses and allude to them being stupid haters who just want to be miserable. im sorry, but it is not overly critical to push back on the idea that QE is some legendary, future heisman contending, “very good” QB. it’s just a differing opinion.

IMG_0986.jpeg

• Haha 3
  • Fuck You 1

we’ve got our best offensive supporting cast since 04 or 05, we have the best QB mind we’ve ever had at HC/OC/QBs coach, we have an inconsistent QB who is statistically nowhere near the top QBs in the country, and yet we pos rep posts that call him a Longhorn Legend and we insult and attack anyone who doesn’t want to join in on blindly coronating a guy who truly has a massive amount of room for improvement and who’s never won anything of import at Texas. you can get mad at that all you want, but i think a better move would be to just read my posts and move on if it really is that upsetting to you.

the stats:

•33rd in passing yards (nix, penix, gabriel, williams, daniels are the top 5)

•19th in avg yards per completion (daniels, mccarthy, milroe, gabriel, nix all in top 6)

•tied for 59th in TDs (nix, daniels, penix, gabriel, williams are the top 5)

•been sacked the 29th most times (only sanders, milroe, and williams have been sacked more among the elite qbs)

•17th in QB rating (daniels, nix, milroe, mccarthy are all top 5. daniels is 1st with a 208.3 rating; QE is at 159.6, tied with arizona’s noah fifita)

he’s not a longhorn legend; he is surrounded by supreme talent and coaching; he’s done a fine job this year, but nothing spectacular; he has lots of room to improve. i hope he returns next season and has a great year that sees him fly up these charts.

• Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, troph said:

Thank you for posting the comparisons. I had to hold a ladder for the wifey so I had to walk away but this is what I was going to look up. It’ll be hard for QE to match Colt but half of that is because colt stuck around for his senior year and QE certainly will not. Can you imagine QE getting better for two more seasons like frosh to soph year? Texas would be the hands down fav to win it all his senior year. As it stands we will be one of the favorites next year.

and lets not forget Colt had continuity and a NC culture in place when he took over. 

again, I don’t know how QE finishes his career better than Colt and certainly no one can be better than VY. But QE is a stellar sophomore QB. 

sounds like the wife wasn't wearing a skirt on that ladder.

8 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

sweat, murphy, brooks, ford, worthy, mitchell, banks, sanders, hill, barron. that’s 10. there might be more.

No on hill and Barron and of the rest only banks is an underclassmen and at this point I’d say no on banks too. Brooks is great but he and QE were the offense and now the RB room is handling their shit. QE is probably the most critical of that entire list except maybe sweat, Murphy and ford as a trio.  Sweat is the only one I would definitely say is more valuable than QE this season. worthy, Mitchell and sanders need QE to toss them the ball.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, troph said:

No on hill and Barron and of the rest only banks is an underclassmen and at this point I’d say no on banks too. 

banks is absolutely better than ewers. banks is one of the best in the country at his position. and i’ve got hill ahead of QE as well. he’s a major disrupter for our defense. barron, that’s fine, maybe he is better, maybe he isn’t. either way the point remains that QE is a borderline top 10 player out of his own starting 22. he’s essentially a middle of the pack player on his own team. he is not a longhorn legend, and he has quite a bit of improvement needed before he’s actually as good and special as this thread makes him out to be. 

banks is absolutely better than ewers. banks is one of the best in the country at his position. and i’ve got hill ahead of QE as well. he’s a major disrupter for our defense. barron, that’s fine, maybe he is better, maybe he isn’t. either way the point remains that QE is a borderline top 10 player out of his own starting 22. he’s essentially a middle of the pack player on his own team. he is not a longhorn legend, and he has quite a bit of improvement needed before he’s actually as good and special as this thread makes him out to be. 

He’s been a penalty machine this year and he’s hurt. Even so he and Ewers are both underclassmen so congrats to banks and Ewers as two stud underclassmen in the top 10 of the best on the team.

Edited by troph

3 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

The story is still being written about QE. One thing he has as  an advantage is Sark. Colt had GDGD. I shudder to think what QE would look like in GDGD’s offense. It nearly got Colt killed. I have eaten crow on QE and I think he’s coming along fairly well. I think the best thing for both UT and his development would be to come back next year. I do worry about his durability which is a fair question especially in the SEC. I think he’s not ready for the NFL at this time. I don’t want to fight over it like the last piece of pie leftover from Thanksgiving though. I’m just glad we have the roster we do and are gaining the ability to reload. I’m just not as attached to QE emotionally as I ever was/will be to Colt or VY. And some of that has to do with the rumors that he was going pro this coming year. I appreciate though having him at QB and hope he stays. He will only continue to improve and we will continue to improve as a team. 

Wait, what kind of pie?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

This dude needs to take a step back from stalking women online and relax. Holy fuck. 

Asking what kind of pie we would hypothetically be fighting over is now stalking?  I'm not going to lie and pretend that I don't know what you are referencing, and I can see from your avatar why that was the first context that popped into your head.  Unfortunately it wasn't the first though that popped into mine while I was literally enjoying a slice of leftover key lime.  Otherwise I might have chosen not to attempt to lighten the mood with a random post about holiday desserts.

2 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

sweat, murphy, brooks, ford, worthy, mitchell, banks, sanders, hill, barron. that’s 10. there might be more.

Banks is the only guy that might be drafted higher than Quinn, and that’s a big might. Ford? Sanders who can’t block? You think if we lost Quinn for the entire season we would be 11-1 still with those guys and Maalik? You know we lost brooks and still rushed for the same yards as when he was playing? This is madness 

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Banks is the only guy that might be drafted higher than Quinn,

that’s got nothing to do with who is a better football player time now.

You think if we lost Quinn for the entire season we would be 11-1 still with those guys and Maalik?

seeing as QE is far superior to maalik, no, of course i do not think we’d be 11-1 with maalik starting. what’s that got to do with where QE ranks among our best players?

edit: and if we’re going to play that game, you don’t think that we’re undefeated with wildly better offensive numbers if we have williams, daniels, nix, penix, etc? 

You know we lost brooks and still rushed for the same yards as when he was playing?

you’re making my point about the greatness of his supporting cast. we lose bijan we don’t miss a beat; we lose j brooks and we still don’t miss a beat; we lose QE for two games and we win both games. this team is extremely talented, and QE is nowhere near the top of the list of our best players this year. he’s still a good QB, but he has up to 10+ teammates who are better, more consistent players. beyond this, quinn’s mediocre stats and national rankings as cited in my post above only look even worse when considering all of the talent that surrounds him. there are plenty of QBs out there this year who’d have wildly superior numbers running with this offense.

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, shadow_operative said:

seeing as QE is far superior to maalik, no, of course i do not think we’d be 11-1 with maalik starting. what’s that got to do with where QE ranks among our best players?

you’re making my point about the greatness of his supporting cast. we lose bijan we don’t miss a beat; we lose j brooks and we still don’t miss a beat; we lose QE for two games and we win both games. this team is extremely talented, and QE is nowhere near the top of the list. he’s still a good QB, but he has up to 10+ teammates who are better, more consistent players. beyond this, quinn’s mediocre national rankings as cited in my post above only look even worse when considering all of the talent he is surrounded with.

Well he missed two games so his stats are clearly going to be lower than those guys you cited who haven’t missed any time. We only beat k-state because kleiman is a fucking moron. Our rb’s move on and we don’t miss a beat is because sark is really good. Our qb play clearly went down without Quinn, so brooks is not the difference maker you claim him to be by that argument. Sanders is an inline TE who can’t block. Gunnar helm is going to be better than sanders, there’s two off your list without even trying hard. Murphy is good because sweat takes all the attention, that’s not talking shit because I like him a lot. If you remove any of those guys we have a chance to win games with Quinn. If you remove Quinn we don’t have a chance in hell to win 11 games. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Well let’s not go insane here. 

I mean as an actual TE, sanders should be a H-back but sark doesn’t use that position. Helm is a bonafide all around TE which means that position will be an upgrade next year. The receiving threat will be difficult to replace because sanders is a hell of an athlete but helm showed he’s capable already. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I mean as an actual TE, sanders should be a H-back but sark doesn’t use that position. Helm is a bonafide all around TE which means that position will be an upgrade next year. The receiving threat will be difficult to replace because sanders is a hell of an athlete but helm showed he’s capable already. 

H Back has to block too. Sanders isn’t good blocking. Helm is less of a receiver but more complete.
  • Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Holy shit!

??? whining about people having differing opinions has never been my thing. ever. it’s literally the no.1 thing that gets y’all upset about me, not the other way around. people have been whining and getting upset about my against-the-grain opinions for ages around here. rick barnes, shaka smart, jarrett allen, sam ehlinger, quinn ewers, ted lasso, game of thrones, rock and morty, and on and on and on ad infinitum. otoh, if someone has a differing opinion than i do then i argue the point and i give my own opinion. every time. this isn’t even debatable. it’s y’all who whine, and freak out, and report my posts, and pm blacklab to ban me whenever by opinion doesn’t align with yours. not me. 

you guys’ ability to project your own behavior onto me (including being insulting, combative, thread derailing, etc) never ceases to amaze me. 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

you’re allowed to have your opinion on the matter and i’m allowed to have mine. the main difference is that im not going to devote countless paragraphs to whining about you having a differing opinion. having a differing opinion than you is not thread shitting,

So That Was A Fucking Lie Lies GIF - So That Was A Fucking Lie Lies Lier -  Discover & Share GIFs

On 11/25/2023 at 12:24 AM, shadow_operative said:

every single criticism of quinn is “shitting on him” according to you guys. to 95% of this thread there’s no difference in, “he still has poor pocket presence” and “quinn sucks dick and i hope he gets run over by a bus.” it’s tiring. after every game it’s the same thing: “look at our record! all of you miserable fucks must have terrible lives to be in here just shitting all over a kid when we’re (insert record here). fucking assholes!!!” 

nobody is running into this thread to shit all iver QE. there’s about 2,500 posts being made in other threads all over this forum, meanwhile there’s like 3-4 posts in here commenting on QE in a critical way and you guys choose to come here and get yourselves all upset over it. you could be off celebrating the win but instead you’re in here making yourself miserable and calling other people miserable in the process. you’re doing it to yourselves.

On 11/25/2023 at 12:34 PM, shadow_operative said:

if he’s a heisman candidate at the beginning of next year it’s because he’s the QB at Texas, because he’s hyped up his whole life, and because his coach and his teammates make his stats look a lot better than his actual performance.

does he actually deserve to be a heisman candidate? in a word, no. where does he rank among his own team’s best players? maybe top 10? maybe outside the top 10? point is, any heisman talk is fan and media BS. quinn ewers has not been leading his team to victory week and week out, he’s mostly been an inconsistent piece of a puzzle that has some truly all american/award worth badasses and a QB genius HC and play caller who has tailored an offense to QE’s strengths and weaknesses. i can name a dozen games off the top of my head where VY or Colt led us to victory and were the difference in winning and losing. that’s not what Quinn does for this team. never has been. 

On 11/25/2023 at 12:37 PM, shadow_operative said:

just because the QB gets assigned the win and the loss doesn’t mean he won or lost the game. i’m struggling to remember a single Texas game ever where QE was the most consequential player in leading us to victory, something VY and Colt did regularly. VY and Colt were the best and most impactful players on their teams. as i’ve just said, QE is a borderline top 10 player on this team. he is not the one leading us to victory week in and week out. 

with what? are you saying he deserves to be a heisman candidate simply because the QB of a good team, even though he’s nowhere near the best or most impactful player on his own team?

20 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

i’ve asked this before, but ill try again: can you please just cite a couple references here? again, like i said upthread, this thread treats, “his pocket presence needs improvement” as if someone said that QE is fucking horrible. countless numbers of you are you are getting upset and being insulting towards other posters, but you won’t even quote a single post and respond to it with a rebuttal. if you think people are being overly negative to the point where you’re insulting them, can you at least be specific about it? quote it? refute it? cite an example?

we’ve got our best offensive supporting cast since 04 or 05, we have the best QB mind we’ve ever had at HC/OC/QBs coach, we have an inconsistent QB who is statistically nowhere near the top QBs in the country, and yet we pos rep posts that call him a Longhorn Legend and we insult and attack anyone who doesn’t want to join in on blindly coronating a guy who truly has a massive amount of room for improvement and who’s never won anything of import at Texas. you can get mad at that all you want, but i think a better move would be to just read my posts and move on if it really is that upsetting to you.

the stats:

•33rd in passing yards (nix, penix, gabriel, williams, daniels are the top 5)

•19th in avg yards per completion (daniels, mccarthy, milroe, gabriel, nix all in top 6)

•tied for 59th in TDs (nix, daniels, penix, gabriel, williams are the top 5)

•been sacked the 29th most times (only sanders, milroe, and williams have been sacked more among the elite qbs)

•17th in QB rating (daniels, nix, milroe, mccarthy are all top 5. daniels is 1st with a 208.3 rating; QE is at 159.6, tied with arizona’s noah fifita)

he’s not a longhorn legend; he is surrounded by supreme talent and coaching; he’s done a fine job this year, but nothing spectacular; he has lots of room to improve. i hope he returns next season and has a great year that sees him fly up these charts.

17 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

edit: and if we’re going to play that game, you don’t think that we’re undefeated with wildly better offensive numbers if we have williams, daniels, nix, penix, etc? 

you’re making my point about the greatness of his supporting cast. we lose bijan we don’t miss a beat; we lose j brooks and we still don’t miss a beat; we lose QE for two games and we win both games. this team is extremely talented, and QE is nowhere near the top of the list of our best players this year. he’s still a good QB, but he has up to 10+ teammates who are better, more consistent players. beyond this, quinn’s mediocre stats and national rankings as cited in my post above only look even worse when considering all of the talent that surrounds him. there are plenty of QBs out there this year who’d have wildly superior numbers running with this offense.

??? whining about people having differing opinions has never been my thing. ever. it’s literally the no.1 thing that gets y’all upset about me, not the other way around. people have been whining and getting upset about my against-the-grain opinions for ages around here. rick barnes, shaka smart, jarrett allen, sam ehlinger, quinn ewers, ted lasso, game of thrones, rock and morty, and on and on and on ad infinitum. otoh, if someone has a differing opinion than i do then i argue the point and i give my own opinion. every time. this isn’t even debatable. it’s y’all who whine, and freak out, and report my posts, and pm blacklab to ban me whenever by opinion doesn’t align with yours. not me. 

you guys’ ability to project your own behavior onto me (including being insulting, combative, thread derailing, etc) never ceases to amaze me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

13 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

i will pay you money to cite one example of me whining about someone else having a differing opinion. telling someone they need to leave the thread since they don’t agree with the majority opinion. one example. 

This was not in the statement I quoted.  You definitely whine about differing opinions, but I'm not gonna go around and around with you on it.  Have a great Sunday.

10 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

This was not in the statement I quoted.  You definitely whine about differing opinions, but I'm not gonna go around and around with you on it.  Have a great Sunday.

stop talking baseless shit to/about me jimmy. either keep it on topic, or talk shit that’s based on reality. if someone has a differing opinion than i do then i argue my own opinion, i don’t whine about their right to have an opinion and/or tell them to leave the thread. you and many others here have issues with this. not me. if you’re going to poke the bear, don’t just make shit up.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, shadow_operative said:

stop talking baseless shit to/about me jimmy. either keep it on topic, or talk shit that’s based on reality. if someone has a differing opinion than i do then i argue my own opinion, i don’t whine about their right to have an opinion and/or tell them to leave the thread. you and many others here have issues with this. not me. if you’re going to poke the bear, don’t just make shit up.

typography font GIF

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, WinningIsHard said:

Well he missed two games so his stats are clearly going to be lower than those guys you cited who haven’t missed any time. We only beat k-state because kleiman is a fucking moron. Our rb’s move on and we don’t miss a beat is because sark is really good. Our qb play clearly went down without Quinn, so brooks is not the difference maker you claim him to be by that argument. Sanders is an inline TE who can’t block. Gunnar helm is going to be better than sanders, there’s two off your list without even trying hard. Murphy is good because sweat takes all the attention, that’s not talking shit because I like him a lot. If you remove any of those guys we have a chance to win games with Quinn. If you remove Quinn we don’t have a chance in hell to win 11 games. 

Take it easy guy