Concerts you are attending

bamachine

The Killers put on a fantastic show. It was a great crowd.
Johnny Marr was cool too. Covered one New Order song and did 3 or 4 Smiths songs.
But yea. The Killers fucking rocked!

We’re going to see them again in NYC (missed them in Austin as we’re in Glasgow…but we ALMOST went and saw “The Kopycat Killers” here last night….alas, we were too damn tired).

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Anybody catch the current Dinosaur Jr. tour?  I'm going Sunday, unless J postpones again.

tempted. have been a fan for 30 years and never seen them once. They are one of those bands i have mythized to the point that i worry that seeing them live may tarnish it.

Additionally, as i am in my 50s, i have been more and more reticent to see shows where i only get excited for the 3 or 4 songs that get played from the era in which i "fell in love with" them. re: Stereolab last Friday night.

Don't know if any of you all experience that these days.

I was fortunate to catch Dino Jr. at Liberty Lunch back in the day.  I would suggest you go -- immense power (and loud as hell).  Just such a great, unique sound.  Very reminiscent of some Husker Du or Bob Mould shows I saw there.  You just can't quite understand how they create so much sound.

At this point, though, they should probably rebrand as Dinosaur Sr.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I was fortunate to catch Dino Jr. at Liberty Lunch back in the day.  I would suggest you go -- immense power (and loud as hell).  Just such a great, unique sound.  Very reminiscent of some Husker Du or Bob Mould shows I saw there.  You just can't quite understand how they create so much sound.

At this point, though, they should probably rebrand as Dinosaur Sr.

you weren't at that infamous Dinosaur / My Bloody Valentine show, were you? (Feb 8, 1992)

Edited by yoladu

Finally got to mark Greek Theater Berkeley off the list, what a fantastic venue. Beautiful view, great sound, not a bad seat in the house. NIN was amazing as always.
16fea6dabb4e07e3b4a6261d004bec89.jpg53421eebac0e88ce3aa7fb8774c108f5.jpga9fcb3e3b2cece6b7ca7701da2f72f5a.jpgc141ab27a9865c547c478844dc29bc47.jpg

Killer venue. Took my sister to see Paul Simon there in 2016. In the middle of “The Boxer” Paul stopped to inform the crowd that Muhammad Ali had died. I’ve still never heard a crowd make that sound again.

Front 242 with Paul Barker supporting ---   10/5

Clan of Xymox  -- so stoked, look into them for the very many who don't know this OG Dutch dark wave band    ----  11/4

both at Elysium, Austin   (womp womp Elysium, how I've known you but would love a better venue and not to be on dirty 6th in the very wee hours) 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Killer venue. Took my sister to see Paul Simon there in 2016. In the middle of “The Boxer” Paul stopped to inform the crowd that Muhammad Ali had died. I’ve still never heard a crowd make that sound again.

My wife and I were at that show, too. In addition to the Ali announcement, Simon was forced to stop playing when people saw Steve Kerr and his group walking to their seats and the crowd started a Warriors chant. 

• Like 1

Finally got to mark Greek Theater Berkeley off the list, what a fantastic venue. Beautiful view, great sound, not a bad seat in the house. NIN was amazing as always.
16fea6dabb4e07e3b4a6261d004bec89.jpg53421eebac0e88ce3aa7fb8774c108f5.jpga9fcb3e3b2cece6b7ca7701da2f72f5a.jpgc141ab27a9865c547c478844dc29bc47.jpg

I saw Tom Petty there from the 6th row q month before he died.

I saw Jackson Browne there Friday. Great show.

I knew I shoulda went to that NIN show Sunday. Ive been on a tear of shows the last couple weeks and took a pass. That was a mistake.

8 hours ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

Front 242 with Paul Barker supporting ---   10/5

Clan of Xymox  -- so stoked, look into them for the very many who don't know this OG Dutch dark wave band    ----  11/4

both at Elysium, Austin   (womp womp Elysium, how I've known you but would love a better venue and not to be on dirty 6th in the very wee hours) 

Last time Front 242 was in town it was at Mohawk and sold out (or close to it). It was great. I'm on the fence about going since it's at Elysium. Saw RevCo there and was hoping we'd get them for an opener. It is the last North American tour for Front 242 so maybe I'll go so I don't regret it.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, The Maestro said:

I’ve got tickets to Kikagaku Moyo at Far Out Lounge this weekend.  Seems like a cool venue, anybody been?

It's pretty far out.

In all seriousness, I haven't been, but my daughter has played a few shows there and she likes it.  Sounds like the owners/manager are cool.

13 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Last time Front 242 was in town it was at Mohawk and sold out (or close to it). It was great. I'm on the fence about going since it's at Elysium. Saw RevCo there and was hoping we'd get them for an opener. It is the last North American tour for Front 242 so maybe I'll go so I don't regret it.

if you decide to go, send me a DM if you want.  Female contingent not feeling great about the area with "doors open at 9:30" crap

wednesday night at COTA saw:

bush- was never a huge fan. gavin rossdale was clearly singing to a backing vocal track most of the time, he did have a lot of energy though. 

breaking benjamin- giant bag of shit. this is music for people who think linkin park is a good band.

alice in chains- 3rd time i've seen them with the "new" lead singer...who has actually been with the band longer than layne staley was. he does a good job of doing the songs justice without trying to sound exactly like staley. man in the box is such a fucking jam live. mostly played older stuff with 2 or 3 post layne staley songs thrown in there. jerry cantrell still sounds good and they can still bring it. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Saturday night - Pioneer Square Portland, Oregon.

Interpol

g1zcrv1ysko91.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

Setlist:

Toni, Evil, Fables, C'mere, Narc, Pioneer to the Falls, Obstacle 1, Mr. Credit, No I in Threesome, All the Rage Back Home, Rest My Chemistry, The Rover, Next Exit (w/ Britt Daniel), Passenger, Slow Hands, PDA

Spoon

zvIazbkVFojCjwZgWRbLQk-FFkv49UsHxaFgOT2d

hj2lepj7zio91.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Setlist:

The Beast and Dragon, Adored, You Got Yr. Cherry Bomb, Don't You Evah, Do You, The Way We Get By, My Mathematical Mind, Small Stakes, The Underdog, My Babe, I Summon You, I Turn My Camera On, The Hardest Cut, Got Nuffin', Inside Out, Wild, Jonathon Fisk, Black Like Me, Rent I Pay

• Hook 'Em 1

Cody Johnson this Friday in Lubbock. Not my thing at all, but daughter asked for tickets for her birthday and asked for me to go along. At least it is outside and I can take a lawn chair and sit way out back. I suspect with the help of multiple cold beers, I will survive.