Concerts you are attending

bamachine

Going to see a metal show at COTA tomorrow evening.  One of my favorite local bartenders is in Fire From the Gods.  They're opening for Megadeath and Five Finger Death Punch.  Plus some other band.  Not really too much into metal anymore since I'm a Man now.  Going more to support the bartender and commiserate with the other barflies that will be going.  Earplugs are at the ready.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, texasdago said:

Have you checked their calendar lately?

Honestly, no.  I guess they're diversifying?

Just took a look -- seems like the next couple of weeks are pretty blues/roots/funk/soul oriented, save tonight and a comedy show.  (csb: I tracked a bunch of bands including East Side Kings at SXSW one year.  I don't know if their label did anything with the recordings.)

Went to beach road weekend in martha's vineyard last weekend and had a great time -- Beck, Wilco, Isbell, Khruangbin, Caamp, Lettuce, Emylou, Billy Stings.  Loved that it was over at 8 each night -- let us get back to the house and have a few more beers but still get to bed relatively early.  Beck killed it.  Hadn't seen Wilco in a long time and could not believe how fat Jeff Tweedy has gotten -- sounded pretty good, though.    

2 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Good thing I decided to fly out to Denver a day early for NIN on Saturday. SWA can’t get their shit together and my flight has been delayed 6 times so far today. I’d be stressing out if I’d flown out day of as I originally planned.

Start driving.  My trip home a couple of weeks ago from NYC was an absolute nightmare on AA -- 31 hours, hotel to house.  Had to spend the night in fucking OKC.  AIr travel is borked.

3 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I have the latest Caamp CD -- it's really, really good.  I didn't think it would be that mellow.  Beck, Wilco, Isbell and Caamp is a helluva lineup, and then Emmylou?  Damn.

Billy Strings was great too.  EmmyLou talked about her rescue dogs the whole time and even sang a song about one.  

Start driving.  My trip home a couple of weeks ago from NYC was an absolute nightmare on AA -- 31 hours, hotel to house.  Had to spend the night in fucking OKC.  AIr travel is borked.

Made it in at 6:30. There was a couple on my flight who were going to tonight’s show. Good luck getting your bag, a rental car, driving the 45 minutes to Red Rocks, and waiting in the single lane of traffic to park.
  • Rage+1 1

Good thing I decided to fly out to Denver a day early for NIN on Saturday. SWA can’t get their shit together and my flight has been delayed 6 times so far today. I’d be stressing out if I’d flown out day of as I originally planned.
Flew in yesterday on southwest, no problems but i was definitely nervous. Night 1 was really fucking good!

6e89f9ecf3d8f6737859233d5d9c4f74.jpg
  • Like 1

Flew in yesterday on southwest, no problems but i was definitely nervous. Night 1 was really fucking good!

6e89f9ecf3d8f6737859233d5d9c4f74.jpg

Was the show delayed? I’m not far away in Lakewood and there was a lot of rain and lightning here from 8-9.

Saw this from sound check yesterday. I guess Trent is getting up there since he uses a teleprompter now.

654bfe8251f7abba7a4dceefe8f33715.jpg

1 hour ago, Tylerocks said:

Hitting Jack White in Houston on 9/24

Love that dude and have seen every iteration.  White Stripes, Dead Weather, Raconteurs

I also love the fact that he plays sandlot baseball and is just one of the dudes...

A buddy of mine plays for The Texas Playboys.  He's actually pretty close to Jack through promo & concert production work.  The photos he had of their last game with Warstic made me wish I had gone.

• Hook 'Em 1

Was the show delayed? I’m not far away in Lakewood and there was a lot of rain and lightning here from 8-9.

Saw this from sound check yesterday. I guess Trent is getting up there since he uses a teleprompter now.

654bfe8251f7abba7a4dceefe8f33715.jpg
No delay but the wind was crazy and there was a lot of lightning behind the stage. Never rained on us though.

mastodon/ghost at moody center last night. mastodon sounded like shit, it was just a giant wall of indistinguishable noise...they had a keyboard player but i'm not sure he was playing anything. pretty disappointing as they've sounded great every other time i've seen them. ghost was fucking incredible, one of the best shows i've seen this year. the stage, the lights, the pyrotechnics, all of it was so good. everyone on the floor was super into it and it was fun as hell.   

164fbc3a982aaa0f37ee52dffc03aa82.jpg

Just got back from this show in Atlanta. Mastodon sounded good, must have just been the setup where you saw them. Great show.