Cowboys vs Bucs: Week 1 SNF

Vic Mackey

Yeah the talent on offense is poor but is it really much worse than Goff's? Or worse at all? 

Dak is fucking terrible right now. And outside of 2016 with a great offensive line and against the horrible NFC east the last 6 years he's been terrible. 

Video showed the training staff guy telling McCarthy about Dak and McCarthy looking dejected. Guessing broken hand. 

3 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

I’m not even upset. I’m completely apathetic to the cowboys at this point. They suck. The team sucks. Management sucks. HC sucks. And most of all Jerry sucks. 

the team needs to build from the OL out. You don’t need zeke, what you need is a OL that anybody can run behind. 

That's the right attitude. The Cowboys are just some spiked experiment with freakish results. They present an interesting but ultimately inconsequential puzzle.

Brilliant, Jerry. Let's have a XFL-caliber backup QB for your #1 guy, who is now proving to be very injury-prone the last three years. (And you decided to reward him with a $40M+/yr salary too.) Jesus Christ, we're going to get Cooper Fucking Rush for probably a month at least. The season is over. What a shit-show.

Just now, C-Man said:

Brilliant, Jerry. Let's have a XFL-caliber backup QB for your #1 guy, who is now proving to be very injury-prone the last three years. (And you decided to reward him with a $40M+/yr salary too.) Jesus Christ, we're going to get Cooper Fucking Rush for probably a month at least. The season is over. What a shit-show.

Just think of it as an improv comedy.

5 minutes ago, C-Man said:

the season was over in June. Look at this dumpster fire roster. Did you watch the Bills or Chiefs play? They could beat the Cowboys with their backups. 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, speed817 said:

Jerry is about to trade our 2023 #1 for Garappolo. And it will turn out to be the #1 overall pick

I would pick up gorappalo in 2 seconds. Should have done it in thy preseason. Graphic today said Shanahan is like 8-29 in games Jimmy g didn't start. 

1 minute ago, Firemans4Horn said:

the season was over in June. Look at this dumpster fire roster. Did you watch the Bills or Chiefs play? They could beat the Cowboys with their backups. 

Yeah, you're probably right. I bought into the Zeke was hurt last year and would be "better" and figured Dak would throw for a bunch of empty stats, we'd have a good defense and the NFC East was basically us and the Jalen Hurts-led Eagles. Didn't think we could do much beyond a one-and-done playoff appearance, maybe a Wild Card win and second-round flameout by a big score. Shit, this is depressing though. i'm only a casual Cowboys fan really but I look forward to the games each week.

This past offseason was an unmitigated disaster.

That flag was definitely weak af.
So much so that the official knew he was calling a weak af penalty.
That's why I said I think the officials enjoy penalizing this team.  I'm sure they hate Jerry as much as everyone else.

Don’t want shitty penalties? Don’t do shitty penalties. Illegal procedure is not a judgement call. We can’t have a series without at least one numbskull moving. Or holding. Or going downfield on a pass. It’s nothing but sloppy play made by really stupid players who aren’t held accountable by these shit for brains coaches.

Offense is as bad as feared.  The OL struggles at pass blocking, we have few outside weapons who can win routes, and Dak has been really poor tonight, even in the rare times he's been given a clean pocket.  The weird thing is we're running the ball fine, but because of all the penalties, we're constantly behind the sticks and I don't think we have a play beyond 20 yards.  If we do, it's barely more and has to be 1-2.  
When you get rid of 40% of your starting OL, another gets hurt, so 60% is gone and you're missing almost 2000 yards in receiving from the year before, with no real replacements, who would have thunk you'd struggle against a top caliber defense?
Shocking.

Unreported but besides the issues with OL personnel, they are poorly coached by Joe Philbin who believes in complex balletic blocking schemes rather than using these road graters as they are best. Tyler Smith was doing ok most of the game.

5 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

Don’t want shitty penalties? Don’t do shitty penalties. Illegal procedure is not a judgement call. We can’t have a series without at least one numbskull moving. Or holding. Or going downfield on a pass. It’s nothing but sloppy play made by really stupid players who aren’t held accountable by these shit for brains coaches.

I agree with you 100%, but two things can be true at the same time.

We commit WAY too many dumbass penalties.  And..

We get called for some of the weakest "holding" offenses I've ever seen and I'm past the point of believing it's all one big exercise in coincidence.

That's down the list of problems, however.  This organization is run so damn poorly that I truly wish dumb penalties and vindictive bullshit holding calls were something we could point to as our major issues.

15 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Yeah, you're probably right. I bought into the Zeke was hurt last year and would be "better" and figured Dak would throw for a bunch of empty stats, we'd have a good defense and the NFC East was basically us and the Jalen Hurts-led Eagles. Didn't think we could do much beyond a one-and-done playoff appearance, maybe a Wild Card win and second-round flameout by a big score. Shit, this is depressing though. i'm only a casual Cowboys fan really but I look forward to the games each week.

This past offseason was an unmitigated disaster.

Jerry’s Cowboys are Groundhog Day. I just can’t bring myself to care. Fuck that motherfucker. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Cooper isn’t the problem. It’s Jerry Jones. He is the problem. It really is that simple. Until JJ is 6 feet under and his family is forced to sell the team, this franchise will always suck. It’s as simple as that. Anyone that goes to a game or puts money directly into JJ’s pocket is complicit in this suckage.

The kids won’t have to sell the team when Jerry dies. Or Gene. It’s all structured tax wise for a seamless inheritance. Charlotte will be the CEO. Stephen will run football operations. Jerry jr will manage parking or skipper the yacht.

That was taken care of decades ago. Won’t be a family fire sale like when Ralph Wilson died, but he was a financial derp that would have had the bills foreclosed on in the early 60’s had Lamar and al Davis not bailed his ass out.

A couple of diehard Cowboys' fans at my pub saved up their money for a bucket list trip to see the game next week against Cincy. As in spending over 2 grand for 2 seats, and maybe half as much on new fan merchandise. I can't imagine how shitty they're feeling about that decision now.

I know so many folks that do this. It’s little Verdell’s 9th birthday so I maxed out a credit card for tickets and matching Micah jerseys and other DC swag, even $120 for some sushi, hot dogs, nachos and Cokes. Shitstorm game. Kid though is stamped with the same fucking disease and is here griping in 2046 that this team hasn’t done shit and screaming for Spaulding Jones head.

I have three granddaughters 7, 4, and 3. My son is 42, has the same affliction but he got to see the glory years of the early 90’s as I had season tix. We are not inflicting this on those girls. We’re stopping it like Kay’s abortion in The Godfather.
  • Hook 'Em 1