NFL Week 2

ztejas

Herbert looked majorly in pain/fucked up walking off the field. I think a broken rib(s) is pretty much a certainty. After that 3rd down where Herbert didn't take the easy run to pick up that yard and just threw it away, I was thinking to myself  "you have to get him out of there...he's so injured, its hurting the team's chances." And then he makes that unbelievable throw to keep the drive alive.

As a Broncos fan, it pains me that we have both Mahomes and Herbert in our division. I love watching them both play, but not their success. Crazy amount of young QB talent in the AFC: Mahomes, Allen, Jackson, Hebert, Burrow, and we'll see if Lawrence ever makes the jump. Mahomes is the oldest of the bunch at 26

• Hook 'Em 1

Am I imagining shit or were there two or three really uncomfortable moments between Herbie and Al? 
Early there was a 9 yard pass that Herb said resulted in a first down, Al just moved on and said second and one, could have been nicer about it but wasn't.

The late out of bounds clock running was really weird between them.
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dr Fear said:

Early there was a 9 yard pass that Herb said resulted in a first down, Al just moved on and said second and one, could have been nicer about it but wasn't.

The late out of bounds clock running was really weird between them.

There was more than that. I didn't even catch that. Herbie made a couple of jokes about how old Al was, like in rapid succession. Al fired back a little bit I can't remember what he said.

Herbie also kind of made fun of Al for hanging with Bezos and Al steered away. It was kind of odd. Or maybe I'm imagining it. I will be curious to see if anything comes of it. 

31 minutes ago, Blotto said:

And then he makes that unbelievable throw to keep the drive alive.

There are only a handful of guys in the world that can make that throw and he's one of them.  I really enjoy watching him play and I'm going to be cheering for him for the next 15+ years.

19 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

There was more than that. I didn't even catch that. Herbie made a couple of jokes about how old Al was, like in rapid succession. Al fired back a little bit I can't remember what he said.

Herbie also kind of made fun of Al for hanging with Bezos and Al steered away. It was kind of odd. Or maybe I'm imagining it. I will be curious to see if anything comes of it. 

I searched Twitter mentions and I guess I'm imagining this. People are saying they loved the chemistry. 

40 minutes ago, Hate said:

There are only a handful of guys in the world that can make that throw and he's one of them.  I really enjoy watching him play and I'm going to be cheering for him for the next 15+ years.

And out of those guys that can make that throw in practice or maybe during the 1st qtr, there's an even smaller number that can/will take that shot on 4th down late in the 4th qtr. Just a f'n dime

2 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Cowboys took a part time cornerback and full time gangster rapper (implicated in a drive by shooting currently) 3 picks ahead of Asante Samuel Jr. Seems like a big miss. 

Played with his old man and held him in our weight room when he was maybe 3 weeks old.  Feeling old now.  Senior was a baller, no doubt Jr has a nice career ahead.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Am I imagining shit or were there two or three really uncomfortable moments between Herbie and Al? 

I thought Herbstreit was a bad choice. He’s such a smug arrogant bastard. He needs to show some deference to perhaps the best game play by play men ever. I thought These two are acting like they have little chemistry between them. And it appeared they had done little practice together. I wish Al had stayed on Sunday nights. It’s like he’s moved to Jefferson Pilot. There are millions of people that don’t have Prime, don’t shop online, don’t have credit cards, don’t understand streaming, and this will miss the games.

Al looking at Herbie after halftime whos still wearing his blazer: “you’re gonna wear the jacket all game? It’s 78 degrees out….”

Herbie: *uncomfortable chuckle* yea yea…blah blah.

Al is old school and a legend. This board can’t stand collinsworth but at least Al can manage him. Maybe Al wants kick back and watch nfl games on Sundays instead of prepping most of the day.

On 9/16/2022 at 2:39 PM, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Al is old school and a legend. This board can’t stand collinsworth but at least Al can manage him. Maybe Al wants kick back and watch nfl games on Sundays instead of prepping most of the day.

I used to not be a Colinsworth fan but there was a pod where Ryen Russillo was talking about how good he is at what he does and it made me appreciate him a bit more. 

• Like 1