Texas vs iowa state - 11am on ABC

Pancho

3 minutes ago, mwaadeeb said:

RBIII a little strong-syrupy at times -- trying to hard to have personality, maybe from inexperience -- but doing good work. Was enjoying some of his commentary before I knew it was him.

Yeah I like him too. Guys just annoy me more in general when they're calling Texas games though. 

Game is being called well just we aren't executing. QE has been off and the line is ugh...on defense we can't get to the QB. 

The defensive scheme hasn’t been that bad either. If you can’t get pressure with blitzes I think you go back to first couple series. Play a heavy front to stop the run, drop 7-8 in coverage. Don’t just concede the easy there’s when your pressure packages aren’t working.

2 minutes ago, Bodowned said:

It’s crazy to think we lost Neyor and haven’t been able to incorporate Billingsley or Hall into our offense and we’re still this explosive with just Sanders, Worthy, and Whittington as downfield passing options.

If the defense can keep UT near the top of the standings, I don't see how Ewers doesn't make the Heisman finals in the following seasons.

9 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

ISU's defense is as-advertised and flustered QE early on. Hopefully we can continue our momentum in the 2nd half.

As long as you have the lead, it might be a better strategy to try and wear their defense out with the run and finish them in the 4th. Has felt like that kind of game to me

9 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Fuck all you fuckers calling us pussies and shit. Have you not watched Longhorn football over the last 10+ years. We have a fucking reason to doubt anything good in relation to this team.

Fuck you, too. Maybe watch more than the first drive before you decide if the season is over. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Starfleet Command said:

That second quarter was a nice illustration of the difference between this year’ team and last year’s. 

Hopefully that Carrie’s over to the second half.That is the real test. Will we see a TTech second half, or one we execute lengthy drives that lead to TDs and our defense plays smart, inspired football.

12 minutes ago, mwaadeeb said:

RBIII a little strong-syrupy at times -- trying too hard to have personality, maybe from his inexperience -- but doing good work. Was enjoying some of his commentary before I knew it was him.

I think RG3 got to live a childhood dream by firing the cannon and Texas can probably do very little wrong in his eyes today… Just makes him realize how much could have been as he gets to do things he dreamed about as a kid..

1 minute ago, Laxtonto said:

I think RG3 got to live a childhood dream by firing the cannon and Texas can probably do very little wrong in his eyes today… Just makes him realize how much could have been as he gets to do things he dreamed about as a kid..

Too bad he didn't want to play safety.