2018 College World Series

sidis

This is my first time seeing this clip. Holy fuck that is epic. It could only have been more poetic had it been the aggies but epic nonetheless. 

If aggy gets to take credit for an arkie win shouldn’t they get blamed for their fuck ups too?

Aggy going to complain that the above was part of a ESiPN conspiracy to jinx aggy, I mean piggie.

Fuck ups from SEC fucked up tonight.   Film at 11.

gritty comeback win by beavers tonight though, give em credit.  Here’s to them winning it all tomorrow and Arkansas fans realizing that life for simple people can be cruel. 

6 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Who the hell is that? The AP JV squad? Did they actually give out this title in 1964 or was it one of those bogus retroactive things?

That poll came out after the bowl game. UPI (Coaches) and AP were before bowl games. Alabama was given those titles. Ironically we beat Bama in the Orange Bowl, and the FWAA poll gave the undefeated hogs (won the cotton bowl over Nebraska) their #1 ranking. 

Edited by UTEX_ME

Ah ok. So it was actually done in 1964. But I don't know. Back in those days the Bowl Games were supposed to be exhibitions and most everybody understood that the title was earned from the regular season only. Which is why that Navy Coach was lobbying that the title should go to Navy if they had beat Texas in the Cotton Bowl after the 1963 season. 

2 hours ago, Orca of Peace said:

only 4 schools have won baseball, football and (m) basketball titles:

Florida, Michigan, UCLA, Ohio State. 

Pigs almost had that tonight. 

Gators have one of each since 2006.   Michigan, UCLA, and Ohio State have to go back to the 40s, 50s or 60s to claim one of their wins. 

And as far as I know, we're the only program to have two in the same calendar year.   

(We could have done it in baseball in 2005 as well for the almost-trifecta.   I can't remember what happened...   )

51 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Gators have one of each since 2006.   Michigan, UCLA, and Ohio State have to go back to the 40s, 50s or 60s to claim one of their wins. 

And as far as I know, we're the only program to have two in the same calendar year.   

(We could have done it in baseball in 2005 as well for the almost-trifecta.   I can't remember what happened...   )

We almost had the trifecta as well but Big Baby and LSU beat us in the Elite 8

• Like 1

It was arky’s to win. Instead, the right fielder, first, and second baseman, were too busy playing rock-paper-scissors deciding who was going to be the hero, to nut the fuck up and make an effort for the ball.

A textbook communication fuck up is going to be the reason that the pigs lose this series.

I’m pretty sure that OSU is going to put on a batting clinic in game three, and the pig faithful, the ones the announcers won’t shut the fuck up about, are gonna trailer it back to their trailers with nothing but an “aggy almost”.

I’m okay with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Lol, each one of thoss arky players wanted to be the hero and have them replayed a billion times over the next decade... instead they lost in horrible fashion

perfect

If OSU wins tonight, then it becomes Arkansas’ Bill Buckner grounder. I guess we’ll find out.....

3 hours ago, Homesickhorn said:

A textbook communication fuck up is going to be the reason that the pigs lose this series.

I agree, you can tell the RF was called off* because he sauntered in without realizing it was going to land right in front of him. But that would have been a great play for any of them to make. Reminds me of Nellie Cruz in the WS, yes he should catch it but it's not a routine play.

*Reading the story, they said no one called for it so I guess RF just assumed they had it

Edited by Bartles

Lol, each one of thoss arky players wanted to be the hero and have them replayed a billion times over the next decade... instead they lost in horrible fashion

perfect

That’s the funny thing. None of them were going to be the hero for making a routine play to end the series. That’s not how heroes are made.

Goats on the other hand....see one Nelson Cruz
  • Like 1