2018 College World Series

sidis

8 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Should've been co-mvp. They DO NOT win without the performance by this kid.

That seems a little hyperbolic. Arkansas scored 4 runs and 3 runs in the other two CWS Finals games that he didn't start (recognizing that he appeared in relief in one of them). Oregon State scored 5 tonight. Odds are that Oregon State wins without Abel tonight.

The reason he should be co-MVP is that he just had the greatest pitching performance in CWS history.

19 hours ago, Tony Soprano said:

If Arkansas were to win it they also have a track title. I assume that Florida and maybe UCLA possibly have one.  I highly doubt that Michigan and Ohio State do.

We won the NCAA indoor in 2010, 2011 & 2012.  Won the outdoor in 2012, 2013, 2016, and 2017.  

But baseball and football and basketball are still the Big 3.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

That seems a little hyperbolic. Arkansas scored 4 runs and 3 runs in the other two CWS Finals games that he didn't start (recognizing that he appeared in relief in one of them). Oregon State scored 5 tonight. Odds are that Oregon State wins without Abel tonight.

The reason he should be co-MVP is that he just had the greatest pitching performance in CWS history.

I'm talking about his overall performance and I think you are wrong if you think they win without his contribution. He got three really big outs in last night's game. He deserved co-mvp at the very least

I actually feel sorry for Arky.  I really do.  For a while, I didn't think that Arky had the best team, until they had won 4 straight.  Then, last night, with two outs, and two strikes....they come within a strike or catching a pop fly from winning the national championship.  They were soooooy close.  That's what really stings.

Then, the best team gets a super clutch hit to tie the game and another homer to win it...all the air went out of Arky, and you could just tell they came in flat tonight, and OSU had that extra something, and they got lights-out performances from their freshman pitcher and clutch hits.  20 straight outs by their pitcher and Arky never recovered.  So, although I do not like Arky, I can't imagine how they will feel for the rest of their lives, knowing they were on the edge of their dugout, ready to go dog pile, only to let it get away.  They did have a great team this year,  actually the 2nd best.

• Like 5