2023 Official Astros World Champs Offseason Thread

tx 3 putt

5 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

Somewhat different landscape than when they tried to do this more than a decade ago.  A huge part of the inventory was made up of a tanking Astro team pulling a zero share.  Things are a bit rosier these days.  The Rockets will still be an anchor, though.

Not if they somehow get the #1 pick and sign Harden.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Not if they somehow get the #1 pick and sign Harden.

They need to stop winning games 

5 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

First, thing they need to do is create a streaming option for the non-cable people.

The Office Thank You GIF

Edited by tx 3 putt

15 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

Somewhat different landscape than when they tried to do this more than a decade ago.  A huge part of the inventory was made up of a tanking Astro team pulling a zero share.  Things are a bit rosier these days.  The Rockets will still be an anchor, though.

The carriage is already negotiated and would go to the teams. 

30 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Love this. Blanco has been great so far and excited to see how he does a a starter. We are deep with SPs, which is a great problem to have. 

And you can never bee too deep at SP or relief pitching for that matter.  An injury or two and it's good to be in a "next man up" situation.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

I miss Zack. One of the most entertaining players ever. Whenever he pitches, you’ll probably see something you’ve never seen. These are all from last night  

I’m calling bullshit on 92 mph fastball. Wasn’t he topping out at like 89 as an Astro?

It’s a shame Greinke wasn’t born/developed as a leftie. He’d either be a Hall of Fame RF or he’d pitch into his late 40s. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

41 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I’m calling bullshit on 92 mph fastball. Wasn’t he topping out at like 89 as an Astro?

It’s a shame Greinke wasn’t born/developed as a leftie. He’d either be a Hall of Fame RF or he’d pitch into his late 40s. 

I can't find max pitch speeds for his Astro years. Last season he averaged 89.1 on his fastball but it topped out at 93.0

For anyone that likes free money we are doing a contest on the basketball board for a little free money (it’s usually more- but shit- pimping ain’t easy this year in the real estate world) in the NCAA tournament. It’s free and not a normal bracket deal- kind of fun imo. 

I don’t know if anyone read the Gm article on Brown on MLB but he actually talked up Whitley, said he’s doing what he needs to do and they are excited about him. 
I know JL loved him. I know the last GM/development guys did not. 
FWIW. This is totally not a pump and dump scheme for my Whitley stock.  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

He will have to settle for being a HOF RHP.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, The Dog said:

the american starting staff leaves a lot to be desired, but the bullpen is no joke.  says a lot that pressly is getting the 9th, and it's much preferred to the way relievers are used during regular spring games.

also nice to see us fucking with flaherty pretty good today.  he's had a good bounceback spring and was once an ace.

• Hook 'Em 1