2023 Official Astros World Champs Offseason Thread

tx 3 putt

On 11/19/2022 at 9:08 PM, Murfdogg21 said:

I bought a ton of shit planning to take half of it back. One of the white WS Champs t-shirts was printed with the words at least 30 degrees off horizontal, and not by design. I bought all three color combos of the 59fifty hat in the same size, and it was like the Goldilocks of sizing

I've found this to be true of all 59fifty hats. I prefer to buy them in person for this very reason, but, unfortunately, I like the low-profile versions, which most B&M retailers don't seem to carry. They are pretty easy to stretch of one if running a bit small. I haven't found a solution for ones that run too big. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

I've found this to be true of all 59fifty hats. I prefer to buy them in person for this very reason, but, unfortunately, I like the low-profile versions, which most B&M retailers don't seem to carry. They are pretty easy to stretch of one if running a bit small. I haven't found a solution for ones that run too big. 

The solution for shrinking is to soak main portion of hat not (keep brim somewhat dry) in hot water then put on parchment paper/or aluminum foil lined cookie sheet in oven at 300deg for about 4 minutes works for me every time.

Edited by mbtex

36 minutes ago, mbtex said:

The solution for shrinking is to soak main portion of hat not (keep brim somewhat dry) in hot water then put on parchment paper/or aluminum foil lined cookie sheet in oven at 300deg for about 4 minutes works for me every time.

I tried that and my hat came out like this:

37208E18-4786-4C7E-B900-A8013A99D9F8.jpeg

1 hour ago, mbtex said:

Good lord

if I had to bake my apparel before wearing it, I’d find a new brand to wear.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Remember when they said out coaches wouldn't want to come back to a dysfunctional front office?

Those Astros coaches like that hefty playoff share they get every year. This year’s piece of the pie will amount to around $400k each. 

Edited by TonyTexas

10 hours ago, mbtex said:

This is worse than getting custom tailored jerseys.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

3F683239-7483-470F-8EA0-4A3A140EAC70.gif

Man I liked this character because I actually did this as a kid. I’d repeat myself under my breath after saying something. Had to kind of train myself to stop doing it.

(There wasn’t a “spectrum” back in the 80s but in adulthood it’s become clear where I fall on it.)

• Haha 1