2023 Official Astros World Champs Offseason Thread

tx 3 putt

1 hour ago, Hornsbay22 said:

The more I looked at Yainer Diaz career lines I like the idea of letting him get the shot at first and DH.   Sign Yuli cheap and let the kid swing it.   He doesn't strike out often walks enough and shown enough power the last two years. 

Fuck no to Yuli. You can sign a real MLB player and still give Diaz developmental ABs.

• Hook 'Em 1

I always thought the solid orange caps they wore at home for Saturdays and weekday day games (up through maybe 2015?) were a great look. It picks up the orange piping in the home uniform, and by the same token, the solid blue cap always made more sense for the road uniform with its blue piping. I'd like to see them bring back that orange to wear at home at least some of the time and with the Sunday alternate.

See the source image

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

6 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

ALT2 pay homage to the rainbows but stops too short and will be one of those uniforms that people laugh at in 10-20 years. Just bring back the most glorious uni’s in baseball history as ALT2 for Sundays and to get a couple playoff games. 

Erroneous, erroneous on all counts.  The Alt 2 is our best current uniform and a perfect homage.  

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

McCutchen would be a HUGE downgrade in CF from McCormick at this point in his career. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

I ordered 3 caps and on tshirt, got everything today 

I bought a ton of shit planning to take half of it back. One of the white WS Champs t-shirts was printed with the words at least 30 degrees off horizontal, and not by design. I bought all three color combos of the 59fifty hat in the same size, and it was like the Goldilocks of sizing.