2023 Official Astros World Champs Offseason Thread

tx 3 putt

3 hours ago, Scraps said:

Does anyone know why Ausmus was in town Friday? I do. Because Craig fucking Biggio was being honored by the Sunshine Kids and Ausmus and Bagwell were part of that ceremony because of their relationship with Biggio.

Potential GM names for the Astros, per Passan

-Sig Mejdal
-David Stearns
-Brad Ausmus 

28 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

At some point the Astros are going to have to balance the 40-man roster better. They currently have 36 on it and only 14 position players, 3 of which are catchers. This has been a concern of mine for a while. 

I heard that Jim Crane is going to enter the season with only 37 players on the active roster purely because fuck analytics.

Just now, kevwun said:

One of those names is not like the others.

One of those names was inserted purely to paint the narrative that the author was trying to convey.

Edited by Chuckie Finster

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

At some point the Astros are going to have to balance the 40-man roster better. They currently have 36 on it and only 14 position players, 3 of which are catchers. This has been a concern of mine for a while. 

Well, every free agent move from here on will be for a position player, so that will do some work to balance it. I also advocate trading Maton or simply firing him into the sun, so that too would help. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Jshep34 said:

But won't the dodger fans boo him every start?? Regardless I wish him the best . Thanks JV

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

Agreed we should wish him the best. Also, this seems like an excellent way for the Dodgers to maybe win 112 games this go round without winning a WS. I’m in favor of that. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Verlander to the Dodgers and Correa to the Yankees would be the chef’s kiss. 

Correa to the Yanks would make me sad and maybe even help them in the playoffs. We should not want that imo. But yeah- they would sure as shit still boo the hell out of Altuve while embracing Carlos. 

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Well, every free agent move from here on will be for a position player, so that will do some work to balance it. I also advocate trading Maton or simply firing him into the sun, so that too would help. 

Haha, I’m usually skimming Surly on a phone and not paying attention to who writes what, but every time I see someone advocate violence upon Maton I know it’s you.

• Haha 1

Verlander to the Dodgers and Correa to the Yankees would be the chef’s kiss. 

So much for the JV/Hinch/Detroit Reunion Tour. I wonder if the Tigers had shown a pulse this year if it would have happened.

I hope the Angels get involved with JV to drive up the price for the Dodgers. 

Patiently waiting for Cashman to f*** up Correa to the Yankees.

5 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

So much for the JV/Hinch/Detroit Reunion Tour. I wonder if the Tigers had shown a pulse this year if it would have happened.

I hope the Angels get involved with JV to drive up the price for the Dodgers. 

Patiently waiting for Cashman to f*** up Correa to the Yankees.

I don't think the Angels are involved after signing Anderson but maybe.

10 hours ago, LCHorn said:

Haha, I’m usually skimming Surly on a phone and not paying attention to who writes what, but every time I see someone advocate violence upon Maton I know it’s you.

I mean, I also suggested we could trade him and not inflict any kind of violence upon him, so it’s more a listing of possibilities on how we can handle him as opposed to some sort of moral imperative. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, UTexasFight said:

Oh man, Thanks for the heads up

they completely f’ed up their discounts in 2017 and ended up getting tons of stuff for basically free.

hopefully it’s just as good this time 

IIRC, they had jerseys on a steep discount in 2017. They didn't do that this time, but almost any WS gear you want is 50% off. I missed out on the WS locker room hoodie, but got several shirts and other stuff. I just wish I knew this was coming before I placed a couple of orders from Fanatics. 

It’s cute that the Mariners think they have a chance. And seems like an odd move for Toronto who are, at worst, co-favorites to win the AL East  

Traded 1 year for 3 years and got a prospect out of it. Middle relievers are going to kill it in this market, so getting one that has 3 years of team control seems like a good trade-off considering the Blue Jays are rich in right-handed OFs.

I would love for the Astros to get Haniger on a 1 year prove it deal.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Those ratings really need to be adjusted to give less weight to dumping Gary Sanchez

It’s a consistent theme in the awards this year. Did Showalter win in NY because he’s a better manager than Snitker? Obviously not, the Braves won the fucking division. He won because what preceded him has been such a shitshow that he looks like a genius in comparison. Not how it’s supposed to work.