Big 12 Football Championship Cheez-It Bowl on December 29, 2022 at Camping World Stadium (Orlando, FL)

blacklab

Did anyone have bowl tickets fulfilled for the Sugarbowl last time? I am considering putting the deposit down but I'm not trying to pay $500 a ticket. Also how good or bad are the $145 seats?

Same with the B12 chamiponship? What section did they fulfill you purchase in?

12 minutes ago, Tex48 said:

Did anyone have bowl tickets fulfilled for the Sugarbowl last time? I am considering putting the deposit down but I'm not trying to pay $500 a ticket. Also how good or bad are the $145 seats?

We got tickets for both, but with our pretty high loyalty point ranking we had semi-decent seats: 200s (mid level) for B12, lower level for the SB, both games on the goalline to 5 yard line or so. My recollection from others on Surly is that most people were pretty disappointed with their placement.

Bowl tickets for non-playoff games can be had for below face value in most cases. IIRC, I think we had an upper deck extra pair for the SB that we could hardly give away.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

We got tickets for both, but with our pretty high loyalty point ranking we had semi-decent seats: 200s (mid level) for B12, lower level for the SB, both games on the goalline to 5 yard line or so. My recollection from others on Surly is that most people were pretty disappointed with their placement.

Bowl tickets for non-playoff games can be had for below face value in most cases. IIRC, I think we had an upper deck extra pair for the SB that we could hardly give away.

This is my first year with season tickets. Should I wait on the Sugarbowl and assume I can get them cheaper on the resale market?

31 minutes ago, Tex48 said:

I bought them ahead of time and it wasn't necessary. I would have gotten in for cheaper for similar seats if I had've just bought them in NOLA. Or bought them like a week out. 

Keep in mind that despite being the sugar bowl it's a big stadium and a non-playoff bowl. It isn't like buying world series or national championship game tickets. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I bought them ahead of time and it wasn't necessary. I would have gotten in for cheaper for similar seats if I had've just bought them in NOLA. Or bought them like a week out. 

Keep in mind that despite being the sugar bowl it's a big stadium and a non-playoff bowl. It isn't like buying world series or national championship game tickets. 

Got it. I'm hoping we get to the Sugarbowl this year. I didn't get to go in 2018/2019 because I had a concussion. Watching the game was the first time I watched TV in like 3 weeks lol. 

Edited by Tex48

1 hour ago, Tex48 said:

I bought mine the week of the game and was right above Bevo lower level like half way up for under $200 a ticket I think.  

• Hook 'Em 2

This is my first year with season tickets. Should I wait on the Sugarbowl and assume I can get them cheaper on the resale market?

I regretted going through the LHF for Sugar Bowl tickets against UGA. Could have had better, cheaper seats on the secondary market.

I just regretted going to the Big 12 CCG in general. I don’t remember the foundation price vs secondary market but the game experience was just meh. Entry was also a clusterfuck, we were in line at 10:00am and missed the 11am kick. Will happily watch the CCG at home if Texas qualifies.

On 11/8/2022 at 7:45 PM, Hook1997 said:

Interns these days aren’t very bright evidently.  I don’t even know how a mistake like that is possible. 

I once got a mailer from the Texas Rangers promoting season tickets and offering options for seats behind 1st, 2nd, and 3rd bases. 

• Haha 3

just a heads up, it's a totally shit stadium

you WILL be hoarded into two lines (2) to get into the stadium

This will not work as it gets closer and closer to kickoff, people had been waiting in line for 45 mins and the kick was in 30 and line didn't look like it was going anywhere

we go to the front and it turns out it's just a mob situation to get into the gate and start the process and all the people patiently waiting prob missed the kickoff

Saw Florida/Miami there week 0 a few years ago

still better than jerryworld I guess